No such thing as homosexual or heterosexual.

P

Phinehas2

Dear Texas Lynn,
What an unfortunate statement of ignorance and and smugness this is.
Yet to me it looks like fact.

Another's capacity for love should never be dismissed so lightly and flippantly by someone who would presume to follow Christ. Shame.
That’s irrelevant, that’s just your opinion. To follow Christ is to seek to obey all His teaching, what we are discussing is His teaching.

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

Dear Onemessiah,
well gay means having a same-sex attraction/orientation, and many pro same-sex posters here are at great pains to point out the Lev 18 and 20 verses don’t condemn gay as such, just same-sex practice.
So according to your side of the debate no. One minute your side of the debate claims homosexuality is just the orientation, the next minute the opposite, whatever is needed to justify your position.

Um, okay...
Let's think about this. Can you distinguish the difference between feeling an attraction to someone and acting on that attraction? Besides, MY side of the debate claims that the bible condemns homosexuals. That's one of many reasons we just use the book to level tables or for emergency tp.

And I hope that tulc doesn't mind, but I borrowed his irony meter, and it broke. It seemed to have gone haywire when it detected that a christian accuses others of cherrypicking in order to justify their position. Sorry tulc, but this time I think it is beyond repair. :sorry:

You tell me, I was just saying there is no mention of paedophilia either, but so what that doesn’t make it right either. Paedophiles are no different from anyone else God created, their sexual actions and desires are wrong, just as homosexual and adulterous desires are.

Okay. And what is exactly wrong with being gay, other than the fact the bible says it is? How is homosexuality immoral? Can you tell me that without quoting the bible, or is the bible the only source of information you have on this topic?

Ok will do. In Christ there is no beating up of people either. But Miracle Storm has put the same case as I am saying. In Christ there is no distinction. Gal 3 and Col 3. There is no distinction in what God has created, male and female, and no disctintion in what He hasnt created, homosexual and heterosexual.

And with this statement you pretty much made the pro-gay's point.
If there is no distinction, then there's nothing to discriminate against. So by your own claims, you have no reason to be antigay. You're all one under Christ. So stop trying to push people out the door.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Dear onemessiah,

Um, okay...
Let's think about this. Can you distinguish the difference between feeling an attraction to someone and acting on that attraction?
Yes absolutely. If I let myself look at women I can desire them sexually even though I a married, but as a Christian my mind is renewed to resisting the temptation.
Similarly one must distinguish between being attracted to take something that isnt mine, ie theft and acting on that attraction.

Okay. And what is exactly wrong with being gay, other than the fact the bible says it is?
But there is no agreement even outside the Bible that people can ‘be gay’ rather gay means having a sexual attraction

As to morals, outside the Bible it depends on what ones morals are based on.

And with this statement you pretty much made the pro-gay's point.
If there is no distinction, then there's nothing to discriminate against.
There is something to discriminate against, the ‘gay’ in ‘gay christian’ A homosexual can be a Christian, they just cant be a ‘gay christian’ to be a Christian they are in Christ and in Christ there is no longer a distinction.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Dear Criada,
Why are you asking me, you can see for yourself what the scriptures say. In Christ there is neither male nor female, indeed at the resurection there will no longer be anyone marrying, Matt 22.
So, you can't be a homosexual Christian because.
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:scratch:
I am sure that this does make sense... somehow.
Perhaps we are just not on the same wavelength.
I'll leave this one... I'm tired, so perhaps I'm not thinking straight.

The important thing, I think, is that we love Jesus. He doesn't care about the labels we stick on ourselves or others, only about a heart attitude. :)
God bless you.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

Let me just apologise for my thread title which needs the OP to explain it. Its the concepts of homosexual and heterosexual which are human concepts and not God's concepts according to God's Biblical testimony. Of course some people claim they are homosexual based on their same-sex orientation, and thus they do exist according to that definition, but it isnt a defintion in God's word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamielindas

When given the option, choose love and compassion
Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Once again, this is semantic BS
The fact remains, there are those of us with same-sex attractions and the word used to describe this most often is Homosexual, but also, gay and lesbian. Sometimes bisexual. You can call me 'cheeseburger' if you want, if that's the word you wanna use to describe my same sex attraction.

This 'god's concept' concept is irrelevant. Even if one does believe the bible is the word of god, it is written in human words, using human concepts and intended for humans to read. If there were concepts that were god's and not ours, it wouldn't be in the book, nor would you or any other human be able to conceptualize it (hence the meaning of it being a god concept). Anything in the bible is going to be the intersection of god concept and human concept or human concept alone.

This argument is simple misdirection meant to pull focus away from the issues.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Dear onemessiah,

Yes absolutely. If I let myself look at women I can desire them sexually even though I a married, but as a Christian my mind is renewed to resisting the temptation.
Similarly one must distinguish between being attracted to take something that isnt mine, ie theft and acting on that attraction.

But there is no agreement even outside the Bible that people can ‘be gay’ rather gay means having a sexual attraction
As to morals, outside the Bible it depends on what ones morals are based on.

There is something to discriminate against, the ‘gay’ in ‘gay christian’ A homosexual can be a Christian, they just cant be a ‘gay christian’ to be a Christian they are in Christ and in Christ there is no longer a distinction.

If I'm not having gay sex or same sex attraction at this VERY MOMENT... am I straight right now?

If I'm not voting for a democrat RIGHT NOW, am I still a democrat?

If I'm not performing any abortions today... am I still pro-choice?

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dear TexasLynn,

That’s irrelevant, that’s just your opinion. To follow Christ is to seek to obey all His teaching, what we are discussing is His teaching.

Christ was entirely silent on the matter.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
To follow Christ is to seek to obey all His teaching, what we are discussing is His teaching.

Christ made it clear that he doesn't undo the OT laws... do you follow all of the OT laws? Why or why not?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear TexasLynn,

:sorry: got another spike in the irony meter when you posted what Texas Lynn said was "just opinion" what's yours if not also just "your opinion"? :scratch:
tulc(thinks he may have found a pretty sturdy irony meter, it hasn't exploded even once today!) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hooray, seeing as I dont exsist I can do whatever I want with nobody noticing.

*runs around naked*

In fact if Phinehas's "truth" is anything to go by barely any of us exsist. Unless we define our sexuality as "Christian" so maybe about ooo 3 people?

I exist because there is more to me than just my sexual orientation. Isn't there more to you than just your sexual orientation? Are you nothing else?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I exist because there is more to me than just my sexual orientation. Isn't there more to you than just your sexual orientation? Are you nothing else?

according to some here on CF there are some people (gay ones apparently) who are not only defined by their being gay, but were in fact not even part of Gods creation! :eek:
tulc(though who it was that did create them was a little unclear) :confused:

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Of course there is, I was just responding in a ridiculous way to the ridiculous claims of the thread. Simple really.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

wow, way to miss the joke... in the future, we'll refrain from being humorous.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oooh, there's a loving response. :doh:Why are you attempting to explain the "joke" in somebody else's post? How do you know for certain what their intent was? If someone is joking, they usually use a smiley or an LOL, in the post. As neither was present in that post, there is no reason to assume they are joking, especially when that type of answer is posted in response to the statement that neither homosexuals or heterosexuals exist in the Bible, since those terms were not in use at the time the scriptures were written, but came into use thousands of years later. What I see happening is that people are taking these modern terms and inserting them where they don't belong. I don't think the Bible deals with sexual orientations. I think it deals with actions committed by people.

Upvote 0