Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Great post! Thanks for posting. Cardinal Dolan looks very approachable, very kind and friendly--not at all "holier-than-thou" and a "sour-puss" and someone just out to be mean. And he's very correct-- this is about religious freedom and Obama has been very shrewd to make it seem that it's only about contraceptives. Divide and conquer.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought that it was interesting that both O' Reilly and Cardinal Dolan sought to define the issue as religious freedom because they both recognized that few people are concerned about the availability of birth control and that most people, Catholics included, disagree with the Church's prohibition of it.

I respect Cardinal Dolan. He is a good communicator and a good spokesperson. He takes the reality--few care whether Catholic hospitals and colleges have to pay for birth control--and tries a different strategy.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great post! Thanks for posting. Cardinal Dolan looks very approachable, very kind and friendly--not at all "holier-than-thou" and a "sour-puss" and someone just out to be mean. And he's very correct-- this is about religious freedom and Obama has been very shrewd to make it seem that it's only about contraceptives. Divide and conquer.

Yes, he is very correct and he is a Cardinal. Great guy and Bishop and I am sure God has much work for him with all the dissenters and their wicked ways, lies and deceit and promotion of killing and self worship. So, it makes me proud that Cardinal Dolan is speaking to the RCC in the USA and setting the record straight.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought that it was interesting that both O' Reilly and Cardinal Dolan sought to define the issue as religious freedom because they both recognized that few people are concerned about the availability of birth control and that most people, Catholics included, disagree with the Church's prohibition of it.

I respect Cardinal Dolan. He is a good communicator and a good spokesperson. He takes the reality--few care whether Catholic hospitals and colleges have to pay for birth control--and tries a different strategy.

Those are very foolish Catholics (bolded), indeed. It is like you telling God to be quiet and listen to you because you are greater than God, yeah... self worship is what it is. You get it loud and clear. So, I am glad we agree with Cardinal Dolan and his great wisdom.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to see the Cardinal on the broadcast network that puts the most filty and immorality on the air.

Jesus preached in the Temple and in the sinful places. Cardinal Dolan is a great man and awesome Bishop who is following in the footsteps of Jesus. It would be wise for all those foolish Catholics out there to stop worshipping themselves and choose the Church, which is choosing God.

Upvote 0