Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — It may seem insignificant to some, but praying the Rosary every day is huge in the eyes of God, Pope Francis told an association of laywomen dedicated to the Holy Family and prayer.

“God loves what is small and makes it bear fruit,” he told members of the Sentinelles de la Sainte Famille(Sentinels of the Holy Family) during an audience at the Vatican Jan. 11.

Founded in Brussels in 2013, the group coordinates an international prayer network of women, known as “sentinels,” to pray the Rosary every day for the pope, priests, consecrated women, vocations, families and evangelization.

“The commitment required of someone who wants to become a ‘sentinel’ is simple, it might even seem laughable: recite a decade of the rosary every day,” the pope said.

The “very simple” requirement, he said, and may seem “small in the eyes of mankind, but it is much in the eyes of God if it is done faithfully over time, with faith and fervor and in a spirit of communion among you.”

Continued below.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My dad (the only Catholic in my family) gave me a rosary for Christmas. I've been praying with it nightly. Gives me a sense of peace.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — It may seem insignificant to some, but praying the Rosary every day is huge in the eyes of God, Pope Francis told an association of laywomen dedicated to the Holy Family and prayer.

“God loves what is small and makes it bear fruit,” he told members of the Sentinelles de la Sainte Famille(Sentinels of the Holy Family) during an audience at the Vatican Jan. 11.

Founded in Brussels in 2013, the group coordinates an international prayer network of women, known as “sentinels,” to pray the Rosary every day for the pope, priests, consecrated women, vocations, families and evangelization.

“The commitment required of someone who wants to become a ‘sentinel’ is simple, it might even seem laughable: recite a decade of the rosary every day,” the pope said.

The “very simple” requirement, he said, and may seem “small in the eyes of mankind, but it is much in the eyes of God if it is done faithfully over time, with faith and fervor and in a spirit of communion among you.”

Continued below.
I am a Catholic also, but have ADHD, so it would be difficult to pray the Rosary for more than a minute or so. I do not have a Reddit, but other Catholics with ADHD have had similar issues.

Catholic with ADHD & Rosary (this guy's post is not mine, but he has ADHD just as myself): https://www.reddit.com/r/Catholicism/comments/xclacg

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My dad (the only Catholic in my family) gave me a rosary for Christmas. I've been praying with it nightly. Gives me a sense of peace.
I need to resolve to pray the rosary daily again. It helps with my spiritual life :)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you ever pray it with others, it helps. IMHO :)
My friends sadly are not Catholic. I prefer regular prayer, as it helps me convey intent. One of these days. To be honest, the rosary gets boring quickly.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
My friends sadly are not Catholic. I prefer regular prayer, as it helps me convey intent. One of these days. To be honest, the rosary gets boring quickly.
I can understand if it gets "boring." Trying to meditate and repeat the prayers is difficult for anyone IMO

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can understand if it gets "boring." Trying to meditate and repeat the prayers is difficult for anyone IMO
Yeah. It can be. Especially with all this tech around us, such as streaming services, DVDs and computers (Star Trek: DS9, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc).

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. It can be. Especially with all this tech around us, such as streaming services, DVDs and computers (Star Trek: DS9, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc).
Overstimulation can be a huge problem when it comes to the rhythm of prayer. It's not something you can rush.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Overstimulation can be a huge problem when it comes to the rhythm of prayer. It's not something you can rush.
Agreed. That is why I say my regular prayers before going to bed, and before meals. Sometimes a quick one before leaving the house.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed. That is why I say my regular prayers before going to bed, and before meals. Sometimes a quick one before leaving the house.
Short prayers are always effective :)

Upvote 0