Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So Heb. 7;18,19 is a lie from God to man for thoses who want to follow the law? Heb. 7;18 "For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of it's WEAKNESS AND USLESSNESS, and on the other hand there is a BRINGING IN OF THE BETTER HOPE, through which we draw near to God." So many of you can take the law as weak and as usless as it is, I for one will live in the grace of Christ to the glory of the Father.

but this is a change in a single command not the whole of the command, just the priesthood itself. The funny thing is that Hebrews compared this present age with the age to come, not the temple system before Jesus compared with the temple system after Jesus died.... otherwise I would ask why if God was able to rip the veil, did he fail to destroy the temple at the same time.

I never said the Torah system was perfect... it is weak, but it is strong enough to remove a persons sins. If this is in doubt the OT is quite clear about the nature of the effect of the day of atonements.

I would also ask why the temple needs to be rebuilt, so that prophecies concerning Jesus' return can be fulfilled. Why would God re-institute the daily offerings of the tamid. And why will the anti-christ put an end to them?

Steve

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Then why this?

Why no more circumcision either?

Galatians 2:11-14
When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. 13The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.
14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

Galatians4:8-11
Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

Colossians2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

i could recommend a study on the real meaning of these passages from within the confines of 2nd temple period Christianity, but I do not think you would really read them, or even entertain the conclusions they draw.

Steve

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i am a gentile by birth. I am in Christ. But the last time I checked, my genitalia were intact (now expecting baby number two - due next may).

obviously neither of these texts mean what they say at face value. So I can only understand them to mean that God does not show favouritism. Unless of course you think they can be understood differently, or that your genitalia have somehow changed since you came to faith.

Steve

p.s. as to whether you follow Torah, I would presume you do after all, it should be written on your heart. To love your neighbour as yourself as multi-faceted.

Do you love the Lord your God - Torah
Do you love your neighbour as yourself - Torah
Do you not commit adultery - Torah

but some commandments are more important than others... I believe the rabbis taught that the least weighty commandment is the one about not harming a mother bird whilst removing eggs from its nest - so even animal welfare is an issue to God. Do you observe the about out of grace coupled to love, or do you observe these because you know them to be the right things to do.

Wait a minute now...

Do I as a gentile follow the Torah...

Customs,cicumcision,feasts,holidays,laws,moons..

You get the picture...

Please tell me what externals to follow..

Give me a the WHOLE list,of all the Torah things for this gentile to follow.

And what makes you think what Paul said 2 times,is not just what he meant.?

I thought we were all one in Christ..

Read the context of how Paul used them in,it is quite clear.

I am glad you have your manhood,but you know exactly what Paul meant.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cyberlizard

Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Wait a minute now...

Do I as a gentile follow the Torah...

Customs,cicumcision,feasts,holidays,laws,moons..

You get the picture...

Please tell me what externals to follow..

Give me a the WHOLE list,of all the Torah things for this gentile to follow.

And what makes you think what Paul said 2 times,is not just what he meant.?

I thought we were all one in Christ..

Read the context of how Paul used them in,it is quite clear.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

first and foremost, the most important commandments are the ones you should follow... love the lord your god and love your neighbour as yourself... Jesus said the law and the prophets hang of these two commandment... so all the other laws derive from these....

think of it like a tree with two main branches.... branch number one 'love the lord your god has a set of associated commands which branch of and subdivide, branch two, 'love your neighbour as yourself' has sets of commandments which branch off from it. The passage does not mean there are only two commandments, but that all the rest find their source in these two.

Micah says, what does the Lord require of you....To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

These can be seen just like Jesus' comments. Micah is not saying following Torah is unimportant, just that some bits are ore important than others. And this is what Jesus said.

Look what he said to the separatists, when debating about the tithing of common household plants.... Jesus said, you should not overlook the heavy commands at the expense of the lighter ones. He did not teach the light ones were unimportant, but that there is a pecking order within them (but any orthodox Jew could tell you this.)

Tell me is Love the Lord your God not an external command. Should we not be able to see Love the Lord your God in action.

Is love your neighbour as yourself only an internal command.... no it is an external command. James says, faith without works is dead, Jesus says let your lamp (good deeds rabbinic parlance for torah deeds) shine before mine... no one hides their good deeds under a basket. Paul says the sins of some are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not obvious cannot remain hidden forever.

there are no internal commands really. They are all external, they are all designed to be done (not simply thought about.)

You like Paul, what did Paul say about Passover.... He said, keep the feast. What did he say about another feast, i hurried to get there (why would he do that).

if Paul's teachings are so simple, why would another apostle say they contain things which are hard to understand which people distort.

Steve

p.s. so if you claim to be observing 'love your neighbour as yourself' and you see an old granny struggling under the weight of her shopping and fail to help, are you really loving your neighbour as yourself?

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I will await the list of Torah things this gentile must do.

If I am to follow the Torah,it sounds like I should know ALL,I am to follow.

here is your answer - your question is flawed... the use of the word 'must' shows you do not understand what i am telling you. The instructions are not things you must do.

now i have answered your question (which was based on a faulty assumption), i will now ask my question.

which laws from the old testament writings are not included in the list written on your heart? (bearing in mind it is one law which is to be written on our hearts - many commands-one law, one commandment-many laws)

Steve

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
here is your answer - your question is flawed... the use of the word 'must' shows you do not understand what i am telling you. The instructions are not things you must do.

now i have answered your question (which was based on a faulty assumption), i will now ask my question.

which laws from the old testament writings are not included in the list written on your heart? (bearing in mind it is one law which is to be written on our hearts - many commands-one law, one commandment-many laws)

Steve
ya know..
on all these threads,you always ask me alot of questions,and I always answer....

I asked you a simple question...

you said here in post 213.

"has nothing i have said made any sense. The festivals are" the law... they are not just prophetic."

So,if this gentile(me) is supposed to follow the Torah,please give me a list of ALL I am to follow.

Moons,circumcision,festivals,sabbaths,laws...

To start asking me questions whan you never answered mine,gets nothing done.

Please provide a list,thanks.

Really not such a hard demand is it?

I always provide scriptures when I post..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cyberlizard

Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
here then is the answer to your question...

love Ha'Shem your God with all heart heart, soul and resources, in as any ways as this single instruction presents itself.

love your neighbour as yourself, in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself.

Now I have answered your question, I will ask mine.

In the Prophets, it speaks of the Messianic age, when all things are placed under Messiah's feet. In the passages concerning the Messianic Kingdom it clearly shows that all the nations of the earth will observe shabbat, rosh chodesh and the three great pilgrimage feasts. Why would these be necessary if the law has ended?

don't simply trot out your verse but attempt to explain how and why this is the case.

Steve

note also Jesus comments at the last supper (a passover meal). I will not drink of the fruit of the vine (in the context of re-celebrating Passover) until it is drunk anew in the kingdom of God. Passover will be celebrated in the kingdom. Paul also encouraged you to keep the feast. Why would he do this.

I think the truth is your entrenched in your dispensational theology whereas I am not. I used to be, but not anymore.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
here then is the answer to your question...

love Ha'Shem your God with all heart heart, soul and resources, in as any ways as this single instruction presents itself.

love your neighbour as yourself, in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself.

Now I have answered your question, I will ask mine.

In the Prophets, it speaks of the Messianic age, when all things are placed under Messiah's feet. In the passages concerning the Messianic Kingdom it clearly shows that all the nations of the earth will observe shabbat, rosh chodesh and the three great pilgrimage feasts. Why would these be necessary if the law has ended?

don't simply trot out your verse but attempt to explain how and why this is the case.

Steve

note also Jesus comments at the last supper (a passover meal). I will not drink of the fruit of the vine (in the context of re-celebrating Passover) until it is drunk anew in the kingdom of God. Passover will be celebrated in the kingdom. Paul also encouraged you to keep the feast. Why would he do this.

I think the truth is your entrenched in your dispensational theology whereas I am not. I used to be, but not anymore.

List???

I have always answered ALL of your questions..

This is a silly attempt to divert what i want,and you know it;)

List???

Festivals,sabbaths,moons,circumcision,laws..

I an a Gentile who is asking a simple question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cyberlizard

Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
well that was pointless...

the two part answer was the list, but how can I argue with a dispensationalist.

i am logging off now and will return at the end of shabbat, maybe then I will have an answer to my question.

shabbat shalom - :wave:

Steve

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well that was pointless...

the two part answer was the list, but how can I argue with a dispensationalist.

i am logging off now and will return at the end of shabbat, maybe then I will have an answer to my question.

shabbat shalom - :wave:

Steve
No,not at all...

A simple question..

Show me what I am to follow in the Torah...

It is written,so please tell me.

If a fellow Torah observant person asked you,I am sure you would have alot to say..

So why not for me?

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
List???

I have always answered ALL of your questions..

This is a silly attempt to divert what i want,and you know it;)

List???

Festivals,sabbaths,moons,circumcision,laws..

I an a gentile who is asking a simple question.

He did answer you. His answer was the same one that Jesus gave. See below for the answer you keep saying is not given. Are you so ingrained in your own thoughts that you are not able to comprehend what is being said?
cyberlizard said:

love your neighbour as yourself, in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself

There is no other list. Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself. And, love your neighbor in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself.

It cannot be made any more simple!

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All those in favor of changing Pinetrees name to Grace wave your hand :wave:
If we add 'Kelly' at the end of his name, can we get to paint his face too?

Oh goody!!!

GraceKelly1.jpg

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He did answer you. His answer was the same one that Jesus gave. See below for the answer you keep saying is not given. Are you so ingrained in your own thoughts that you are not able to comprehend what is being said?

There is no other list. Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself. And, love your neighbor in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself.

It cannot be made any more simple!

What laws..

What do I follow?

Circumcision,festivals,sabbaths,new moons,laws?

Those are in the Torah..:)

Help me with a simple list,thanks!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What laws..

What do I follow?

Circumcision,festivals,sabbaths,new moons,laws?

Those are in the Torah..:)

Help me with a simple list,thanks!:thumbsup:

1. Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself.
  2. Love your neighbor in as many ways as this single instruction presents itself.
That is your list of the two laws in Torah. These two laws are what Torah instructs to follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.