✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like what Peter said about it:

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses." 6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

John O.

Wow!
:ok::ok:

Reactions: kittystorm92
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just one question before the OT is passed away. Does it not say that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, did He chyange? Also while we are talking of being free from the Law we should also look at the phrasse in Christ, is it just for those and who are those and how many sitting in church do you think are in Him?
Hello..:wave:
I love the ot too..:)
But the covenant changed,that is where the whole story was headed..

Jesus ratified the new..:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I surely do not know it by some list. I know it by the Spirit inside me, He leads me and guides me. Being a drunkard doesn't seperate me from God, the heart condition that makes me seek after booze is what seperates me.

REALLY think way back did someone say to you as a child [ dont kill people its wrong ] did someone say [ dont lie ] and soooooo on !!
brother you were taught the law at some point in time they taught it in schools and a million other places.
We are seeing DAILY the results of the absense of those teachings people have never heard the law people do not reconize the face of sin. we have yound people who do not have the law sealed in their hearts and minds and those very same people are killing others killing babies, women are with women men are with men, sin abounds because the face of sin has been erased from our schools from our courts and from families lives and now we have christians who want to erase it from Christs teachings as well. how very very sad. You have to be able to reconize evil from good before you can turn towards one or the other. and like it or not the law is the line in the sand that distinguishes good and what is of God from that which is evil.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses." 6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

John O.
preach it bro:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello..:wave:
OI love the ot too..:)
But the covenant changed,that is where the whole story was headed..

Jesus ratified the new..:)
Yes, but again who does this apply to? Those that are in Him. Now what is in Him? We are defined as a bride of Christ in the Jewish sense but aside from that a bride sees her husband, obeys her husband, wishes to please Him always, Jesus said those that lovce me obey me, so I ask who and how many in church do you think are part of the bride and in Him and free of the Law. To many want free and sit back for God to do when He has already done and given us all power an authority to defeat satan and sin

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
REALLY think way back did someone say to you as a child [ dont kill people its wrong ] did someone say [ dont lie ] and soooooo on !!
brother you were taught the law at some point in time they taught it in schools and a million other places.
We are seeing DAILY the results of the absense of those teachings people have never heard the law people do not reconize the face of sin. we have yound people who do not have the law sealed in their hearts and minds and those very same people are killing others killing babies, women are with women men are with men, sin abounds because the face of sin has been erased from our schools from our courts and from families lives and now we have christians who want to erase it from Christs teachings as well. how very very sad. You have to be able to reconize evil from good before you can turn towards one or the other. and like it or not the law is the line in the sand that distinguishes good and what is of God from that which is evil.

My brother, they taught form and form never brings a heart change, only the Spirit of God through the Blood of Christ can bring that. My not stealing means nothing if my heart envys continuously. I can be faithful outwardly to my wife all day long, but if my heart looks with lust on other women I am as Jesus said, an adulterer.

Reactions: kittystorm92
Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

John O.

How do YOU know what sin is ??

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I surely do not know it by some list. I know it by the Spirit inside me, He leads me and guides me. Being a drunkard doesn't seperate me from God, the heart condition that makes me seek after booze is what seperates me.
amen,that is what Paul saw in Romans 7.
He saw he was wretched,could not fix it,died to the law,then Romans 8.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My brother, they taught form and form never brings a heart change, only the Spirit of God through the Blood of Christ can bring that. My not stealing means nothing if my heart envys continuously. I can be faithful outwardly to my wife all day long, but if my heart looks with lust on other women I am as Jesus said, an adulterer.
Now your really coming for dinner!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wow thats so close you could have stubbed your toe :clap:
TWO parts
1. you have to understand-have knowledge of what sin is, you have to know that looking at another woman is adultry. Knowlede of what sin is. what God expects us not to do. the law draws that line in the sand teaching us right from wrong.
2. desire to be as Christ, heart condition change brought on by the Spirit of God and the blood of Christ.
TWO parts
ONE HOLE
BOTH needed

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, but again who does this apply to? Those that are in Him. Now what is in Him? We are defined as a bride of Christ in the Jewish sense but aside from that a bride sees her husband, obeys her husband, wishes to please Him always, Jesus said those that lovce me obey me, so I ask who and how many in church do you think are part of the bride and in Him and free of the Law. To many want free and sit back for God to do when He has already done and given us all power an authority to defeat satan and sin
Well sounds like we please God,by walking in His ways..
The way of grace,that was born on the cross...
We walk in the new man..
Grace is for the Jew and gentile.:)
I think we agree,I cant tell..:)

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow thats so close you could have stubbed your toe :clap:
TWO parts
1. you have to understand-have knowledge of what sin is, you have to know that looking at another woman is adultry. Knowlede of what sin is. what God expects us not to do. the law draws that line in the sand teaching us right from wrong.
2. desire to be as Christ, heart condition change brought on by the Spirit of God and the blood of Christ.
TWO parts
ONE HOLE
BOTH needed

My point is rules don't mean anything. The Spirit reveals to me sin, far much more than some list. Guess what though, the revealing shows me my wretchedness and my absolute inability to stop. He then empowers me to overcome.

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am confused what exactly do you teach your children.
Have you told them not to kill other people ?
Have you told them not to lie ?
Have you told them not to hate others ?
Have you taught them what is good and what is evil.
Because thats what the law does it teaches us what is good and what is evil.
Or do you just tell them go for it that Christ will forgive you, do what you want there is no law. i guess that explains the condition of the world we live in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes..
Elementals do nothing.
Lol..they are worldly..
Movies and a cold beer is not worldly,the law is,,:D

20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21"Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is true we have been taught much law, but, according to Jesus only two were necessary

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[b]38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c]40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

And, according to Hebrews 10, God will write His law on our hearts and minds.

15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16"This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds."[b]17Then he adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more

And, according to Hebrews 8

11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.

John O.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am confused what exactly do you teach your children.
Have you told them not to kill other people ?
Have you told them not to lie ?
Have you told them not to hate others ?
Have you taught them what is good and what is evil.
Because thats what the law does it teaches us what is good and what is evil.
Or do you just tell them go for it that Christ will forgive you, do what you want there is no law. i guess that explains the condition of the world we live in.
Dude...
Really,you have made your point..:thumbsup:

We know what sin is..

But the answer is grace.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is true we have been taught much law, but, according to Jesus only two were necessary

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[b]38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c]40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

And, according to Hebrews 10, God will write His law on our hearts and minds.

15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16"This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds."[b]17Then he adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more

And, according to Hebrews 8

11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.

John O.
aahhhhhh...thank you.He does it..
Now I am going to work.bye bye for now..:wave:
Your coming for dinner too,with benadam..

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yes..
Elementals do nothing.
Lol..they are worldly..
Movies and a cold beer is not worldly,the law is,,:D

20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21"Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.

but Torah is not worldly but heavenly as it came down from heaven.

it is not human commands, but the very words of God, the commandments of God,
it teachings and precepts are beautiful (just read Psalm 119)

the passage you cite it to do with the earthly tradition, not the heavenly Torah.

Steve

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.