North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Mosaic law covenant cut on Mt Sinia. Was between the house of Jacob - the children of Israel only! (Ex 19:3)

High Priest: Israels Levitical order high priest served as a mediator between God & the people.

Feasts: 7 Feasts of the Lord. 3 (Passover-Pentecost-Tabernacles) required a mandatory pilgrimage. Every year, ALL males 20 years & older were required to travel to the Temple Mt in Jerusalem for these 3 feasts. (See Lev 23)

At Jesus death the Levitical priesthood was retired. When the Temple veil was torn in 1/2. (Matt 27:50-51)

The veil separated the Temple holy place, from the holy of holies. Where once per year on the Day of atonement. God's presence appeared (between the 2 Cherubim on top the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant) to the high priest. (Ex 25:22)

Three days after Jesus' death He's resurrected. Shortly thereafter in the presence of God (Heb 9:24). Jesus enters the heavenly Holy place with His sinless sacrificial blood. He's the NEW COVENANT, eternal High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek. Eternal mediator between God & mankind. (Heb 5:8-10, 6:19-20, Ps 110:4)

Although Israel continued animal sacrifice rituals, they were useless. In 70 AD (1952 years ago) the Temple is destroyed. No more useless Levitical priestly order, no more animal sacrifices, no more Temple to pilgrimage to & no more obsolete Mosaic law covenant! (Heb 8:6-13)

Jesus died & was resurrected to mediate a New Better Covenant. Now the presents of the Lord eternally dwells inside every believer. (1 Cor 6:19)

Read the transition from old to new covenant here: Bible source link
Bible Gateway passage: Hebrews 9 - King James Version

The main focus of the Hebrews epistle is:

Christ is better:
Better than angels, because they worship the Christ. Better than Moses, because He created Him. Better than the Aaronic priesthood, because Christ's sin sacrifice is once for all time. Better than the law, because Christ mediates a better sin management blood covenant.

All praise, glory & honor belong to our great God & Savior (Titus 2:13) Jesus the Christ. AMEN & Amen!

Last edited:

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Mosaic law covenant cut on Mt Sinia. Was between the house of Jacob - the children of Israel only! (Ex 19:3)

High Priest: Israels Levitical order high priest served as a mediator between God & the people.

Feasts: 7 Feasts of the Lord. 3 (Passover-Pentecost-Tabernacles) required a mandatory pilgrimage. Evert year, ALL males 20 years & older were required to travel to the Temple Mt in Jerusalem for these 3 feasts. (See Lev 23)

At Jesus death the Levitical priesthood was retired. When the Temple veil was torn in 1/2. (Matt 27:50-51)

The veil separated the Temple holy place, from the holy of holies. Where once per year on the Day of atonement. God's presence appeared (between the 2 Cherubim on top the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant) to the high priest. (Ex 25:22)

Three days after Jesus' death He's resurrected. Shortly thereafter Jesus enters the heavenly Holy place, with His sinless sacrificial blood in presence of God (Heb 9:24). He's the NEW COVENANT, eternal High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek. Mediator between God & mankind. (Heb 5:8-10, 6:19-20, Ps 110:4)

Although Israel continued animal sacrifice rituals, they were useless. In 70 AD (1952 years ago) the Temple is destroyed. No more useless Levitical priestly order, no more animal sacrifices, no more Temple to pilgrimage to & no more obsolete Mosaic law covenant! (Heb 8:6-13)

Jesus died & was resurrected to mediate a New Better Covenant

Christ is better:
Better than angels, because they worship the Christ. Better than Moses, because He created Him. Better than the Aaronic priesthood, because Christ's sin sacrifice is once for all time. Better than the law, because Christ mediates a better sin management blood covenant.

All praise, glory & honor belong to our great God & Savior (Titus 2:13) Jesus the Christ. AMEN & Amen!
No more tithing to chief priests. No more sin offerings. No more Temple tax. No more going to Jerusalem for a Passover Seder. No incense offering. No stoning Sabbath breakers. Praise God.

There are still laws against murder, rape, theft, perjury, etc. among the nations. These are not scoffed at. Adultery is grounds for divorce. Incest is a sin. Prostitutes and their customers were arrested. Child molestation is a crime. As long as I have lived there have been laws. Praise God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
(MY NOTE: OT law covenant demanded self-works. NT Christ did all the work (deserves all the praise & glory) Under Christ' mediated new better covenant. Through belief/faith in His works, He imputes His righteousness (only He is righteous) onto the believer through their faith in Him)

God made a covenant promise to Abraham based on righteousness imputed through faith (Gen 15:4-6). That it would include ALL nations (Gen 22:18)

Gen 22:14 Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.
(MY NOTE: The LORD provided a ram in Isaacc place & foretells where this promise will happen. Abraham names the place: JehovahJireh means "The LORD Will Provide" Christ is the sacrificial provision fulfillment of this promise)

Gal 3:8-17- Verse 17, And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of no effect.
(MY NOTE: This Abrahamic covenant promise is made 430 years before the Mosaic LAW covenant & the Mosaic LAW covenant doesn't annual Abram's FAITH covenant promise. Which includes ALL peoples)

The Christ' risen new eternal covenant. Is the Abrahamic promise being fulfilled (righteousness [Christ/God's] being imputed through faith.

Open to anyone that acknowledges their sin against God's sovereign rule [showing repentance towards God = unbelief of - to Belief in God. [Acts 20:21] Understanding God the Father sent His Son to redeem/Pay sins required wage (Rom 6:23) & placing faith towards Jesus [Acts 20:21]. Specifically His sin atoning death & resurrection. (1 Cor 15:1-2)

Also see Rom 3:21-30 - That is establishing the NT "Law of Faith". I'll be happy to parse for those that twist vs 30 to fit their law promoting narrative)

LOVE & FAITH are the new covenant pillars:

Matt 22:
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 And Jesus replied to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for others].
(MY NOTE: Love God 1st & love your brother)

40 The whole Law and the [writings of the] Prophets depend on these two commandments.” (Also see Mark 12:28-34, John 13:34-35)
(MY NOTE: If we truly love God & our brother. We won't kill, steal, covet, falsely accuse etc)

Royal Law, Law of Christ, Love:

Ja 2:8 If, however, you are [really] fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, if you have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit]” you are doing well.

Gal 5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one precept, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].

Gal 6:2 Carry one another’s burdens and in this way you will fulfill the requirements of the law of Christ [that is, the law of Christian love].

1 Cor 9:21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law
(MY NOTE: If we truly love God & our brother. We won't kill, steal, covet, falsely accuse etc)

Rom 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another; for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor has fulfilled the [essence of the] law.

1 Thes 4:9 Now concerning brotherly love, you have no need for anyone to write you, for you have been [personally] taught by God to love one another [that is, to have an unselfish concern for others and to do things for their benefit].

1 Jn 4:
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love
(MY NOTE: All I ever glean from today's law promoting pharisees is condemnation. Again, I digress)

1 Cor 13:
4 Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant.

5 It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured.

6 It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail].

7 Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening].

Summery:
Love; patiently endues, is always kind, truthful & forgiving.

Love is never jealous, envious, boastful, proud, arrogant, rude selfish, provoked, vindictive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Feasts: 7 Feasts of the Lord. 3 (Passover-Pentecost-Tabernacles) required a mandatory pilgrimage. Every year, ALL males 20 years & older were required to travel to the Temple Mt in Jerusalem for these 3 feasts. (See Lev 23)

Three days after Jesus' death He's resurrected. Shortly thereafter in the presence of God (Heb 9:24). Jesus enters the heavenly Holy place with His sinless sacrificial blood. He's the NEW COVENANT, eternal High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek. Eternal mediator between God & mankind. (Heb 5:8-10, 6:19-20, Ps 110:4)

Jesus died & was resurrected to mediate a New Better Covenant. Now the presents of the Lord eternally dwells inside every believer. (1 Cor 6:19)

Christ is better:

It is true that no living person today has ever been under the Nation covenant at Sinai - because it ended 2000 years ago.

But everyone on planet earth has been condemned under the Old Covenant in the OT consisting of God's commandments since they define what sin is. And that is what makes all mankind in need of a Savior.

Rom 3:
19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is true that no living person today has ever been under the Nation covenant at Sinai - because it ended 2000 years ago.

But everyone on planet earth has been condemned under the Old Covenant in the OT consisting of God's commandments since they define what sin is. And that is what makes all mankind in need of a Savior.

Rom 3:
19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Scripture Study Tips

When dissecting any verse of scripture. Ask yourself, of whom, to whom, with what words, what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, considering what is written before and what follows any single verse context.
^^^Myles Coverdale, Bible theologian/translator^^^

So, ask: Who is writing? Paul. Who’s it written to? Believers See TRom 1:7. What are the circumstances? New covenant What’s the context BEFORE? Justification thru FAITH What's the context after? Establishing the NT Law of Faith!

One shouldn't take a verse (31) out of context & try to build a doctrine.

Establishing the LAW of FAITH:

Rom 3:
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(MY NOTE No one will be justified by their works/obedience to Mosaic law!)

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
(MY NOTE: The righteousness of God is without the law is manifested/revealed)

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
(MY NOTE: The righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ. Will be imputed onto all that BELIEVE. Thru FAITH not self-righteous works)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(MY NOTE: Being justified/receiving Christ' imputed righteousness. Through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus & accessed thru FAITH (Rom:1-2)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
(MY NOTE: Propitiation means reconciling atonement. Thru FAITH in Christ' blood. Not thru obedience to Mosaic law.

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
(NOTE: This verse declares the righteousness of Jesus & proclaims Him as the justifier of those who: believe/have FAITH in Him > His sin payment & resurrection. Not those that promote Mosaic law)

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
(MY NOTE: By the LAW of FAITH)

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
(MY NOTE: Man is justified [see Vines addition below] = judicially declared righteous by a sovereign God > = by FAITH without the deeds of the law. ALSO see Acts 15:24)

29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
(NOTE: He's God of BOTH, jew & gentile)

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
(NOTE: God justifies = Declared righteous. BOTH the circumcision = JEW, by/through "FAITH". And uncircumcision = GENTILES through/by "FAITH")

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
(NOTE: If you'll read verse 31 in context. It's the new covenant LAW of FAITH that's being established, just "REREAD vs 27".)

Bible dictionary's Justify/justification:
KJV Dictionary Definition: JUSTIFICATION; In theology, remission of sin and absolution from guilt and punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner and accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
(MY NOTE: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are still laws against murder, rape, theft, perjury, etc. among the nations. These are not scoffed at. Adultery is grounds for divorce. Incest is a sin. Prostitutes and their customers were arrested. Child molestation is a crime. As long as I have lived there have been laws. Praise God.

OP doesn't claim there are no laws. New Testament pillars are Faith & Love.

All brackets below are placed by the Amplified Bible translators. Each chapter provides a link to its source.

Gal 2:16 yet we know that a man is not [e]justified [and placed in right standing with God] by works of the Law, but [only] through faith in [God’s beloved Son,] Christ Jesus. And even we [as Jews] have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law. By observing the Law no one will ever be justified [declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty].

Gal 2:21 I do not ignore or nullify the [gracious gift of the] grace of God [His amazing, unmerited favor], for if righteousness comes through [observing] the Law, then Christ died needlessly. [His suffering and death would have had no purpose whatsoever.]”.
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 2 - Amplified Bible

Gal 3:10 For all who depend on the Law [seeking justification and salvation by obedience to the Law and the observance of rituals] are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed (condemned to destruction) is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, so as to practice them.

Gal 3:11 Now it is clear that no one is justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing] before God by the Law, for “The righteous (the just, the upright) shall live by faith.

Gal 3:13 Christ purchased our freedom and redeemed us from the curse of the Law and its condemnation by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs [crucified] on a tree (cross)
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 3 - Amplified Bible

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: Habakkuk 2 - King James Version

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 5 - King James Version

Gal 6:2 Carry one another’s burdens and in this way you will fulfill the requirements of the law of Christ [that is, the law of Christian love].
Bible source link: Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 6 - Amplified Bible

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No more useless Levitical priestly order

(CLV) Jer 33:20
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

(CLV) Jer 33:21
then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Mosaic law covenant cut on Mt Sinia. Was between the house of Jacob - the children of Israel only!

(CLV) Ex 12:38
Moreover a mixed multitude ascended with them, and flocks, herds and cattle, exceedingly heavy.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

SHABBAT (Sabbath)

" Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant." (Exodus 31:16)

PESACH (Passover)

“And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to YHWH throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance FOREVER.” (Exodus 12:14)

HAG MATZOT (Unleavened Bread)

“And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance FOREVER.” (Exodus 12:17)

BIKKURIM (Feast of First Fruits)

You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute FOREVER throughout your generations in all your dwellings (Leviticus 23:14)

SHAVUOT (Feast of Weeks)

“And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute FOREVER in all your dwellings throughout your generations.” (Leviticus 23:21)

YOM TERUAH (Feast of Trumpets)

The sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow the trumpets; and these shall be to you as an ordinance FOREVER throughout your generations. (Numbers 10:8)

YOM KIPPUR (Day of Atonement)

Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute FOREVER throughout your generations in all your dwellings. (Leviticus 23:31)

FEAST OF TABERNACLES (Booths / Sukkot)

And ye shall keep it a feast unto YHWH seven days in the year. It shall be a statute FOREVER in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.(Leviticus 23:41)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Ja 2:24
You see that by works man is being justified, and not by faith only.

I've shared many, many verse that cite faith & faith alone. Good works are a result of one's faith. Not the cause of their salvation.

Here's another example of salvation by grace thru Faith & faith alone
Source KJ Bible

Acts 10:
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Bible Gateway passage: Acts 10 - King James Version

(MY NOTE: Vs (43) whosoever believes in Christ shall receive remission of sins (Vs44). As Peter speaks the Holy Spirit indwells them (Vs45). Witnessing Jews are astonished to see, Gentiles receive God's gift of the Holy Spirit. Without any obedience to Mosaic law keeping.

No repentance of any kind was done, No water baptism, No circumcision, they brought no sin sacrifice to the Temple etc.

Thru Faith & Faith alone placed in Jesus death burial & resurrection (vrs 39-40), these gentiles received God's salvation sealing indwelling Holy Spirit. (2 Cor 1:22, Eph 1:13, Eph 4:30, Rom 8:38-39)

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Ex 12:38
Moreover a mixed multitude ascended with them, and flocks, herds and cattle, exceedingly heavy.

Ex 19:
7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.

8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.

(MY NOTE: "ALL" the people answered & said, "ALL" that the Lord hath spoken WE WILL DO! They could have said no & left, yet THEY ALL AGREED to the words the Lord had spoken.

So, anyone that wasn't part of the House of Jacob when they left Egypt, that agreed was now, by choice, part of this Sinai covenant.)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've shared many, many verse that cite faith & faith alone.

Here is the only place in the Bible where you will find the words "faith alone.":

(CLV) Ja 2:24
You see that by works man is being justified, and not by faith only.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ex 19:
7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.

8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.

(MY NOTE: "ALL" the people answered & said, "ALL" that the Lord hath spoken WE WILL DO! They could have said no & left, yet THEY ALL AGREED to the words the Lord had spoken.

So, anyone that wasn't part of the House of Jacob when they left Egypt, that agreed was now, by choice, part of this Sinai covenant.)

Yes the Father endowed us with freewill from the beginning.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good works are a result of one's faith. Not the cause of their salvation.

(CLV) Hb 5:9
And being perfected, He became the cause of eonian salvation to all who are obeying Him,

(CLV) Mt 19:16
And lo! one coming to Him said, "Teacher, what good shall I be doing that I should be having life eonian?"

(CLV) Mt 19:17
Yet He said to him, "Why are you asking Me concerning good? One is good. Yet if you are wanting to be entering into life, keep the precepts."

The Complete Jewish Bible
Acts 5:32
We are witnesses to these things; so is the Ruach HaKodesh, whom God has given to those who obey him."

John 3:36 CJB

36 Whoever trusts in the Son has eternal life. But whoever disobeys the Son will not see that life but remains subject to God's wrath."

Hebrews 3:18-19
Complete Jewish Bible

18 And to whom was it that he swore that they would not enter his rest? Those who were disobedient. 19 So we see that they were unable to enter because of lack of trust.

1 John 2:3-6
Complete Jewish Bible

3 The way we can be sure we know him is if we are obeying his commands. 4 Anyone who says, “I know him,” but isn’t obeying his commands is a liar — the truth is not in him. 5 But if someone keeps doing what he says, then truly love for God has been brought to its goal in him. This is how we are sure that we are united with him. 6 A person who claims to be continuing in union with him ought to conduct his life the way he did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(MY NOTE: Vs (43) whosoever believes in Christ shall receive remission of sins

(CLV) Hb 10:26
For at our sinning voluntarily after obtaining the recognition of the truth, it is no longer leaving a sacrifice concerned with sins,

(CLV) Hb 10:27
but a certain fearful waiting for judging and fiery jealousy, about to be eating the hostile.

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone repudiating Moses' law is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant by which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

Prior to the verses you cite. Beginning with (vs 14) Jer is speaking of the future time of restoration.

Vs 15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He (the Messiah) shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth.

This is future a time, after the time on the gentiles (we're there now). When the King (Christ) that literally comes from heaven. Will rule & reign from Jerusalem. (1 dispensation)

The OP's focus in on the here & NOW. Abraham received a promise that all nation would be bless thru him.

Gen 15:6 Abraham believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. Believing God Abram received imputed righteousness. Abram preformed no works.

The NT body of Christ is the fulfilment of that promise. (2 dispensations)

Gal 3
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

16 The covenant promise God give to Abraham, which gentiles fall under, was given/made by god, to Abraham 430 years before God give Moses the law

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

The Mosaic law covenant is with Israel only. (3 dispensations)

I've presented 3 dispensations (there are more Adam, Noah etc)

So, the Jer verse (Israel's future restoration) isn't applicable today.

This would be my (dispensational) reply to your #10 post. All Old Testament verses not applicable today. That will restart after the King comes. BTW there is No Temple to pilgrimage to. How can we follow the law?

Back to the here & now:

All brackets below are placed by the Amplified Bible translators. Each chapter provides a link to it's source under the last verse.

Heb 7:
11 Now if perfection [a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper] had been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people were given the Law) what further need was there for another and different kind of priest to arise, one in the manner of Melchizedek, rather than one appointed to the order of Aaron?

12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity a change of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.

13 For the One of whom these things are said belonged [not to the priestly line of Levi but] to another tribe, from which no one has officiated or served at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord descended from [the tribe of] Judah, and Moses mentioned nothing about priests in connection with that tribe.

15 And this becomes even more evident if another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek,

16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a [c]physical and legal requirement in the Law [concerning his ancestry as a descendant of Levi], but on the basis of the power of an indestructible and endless life.

17 For it is attested [by God] of Him,

(MY NOTE: These verses retire (in the here & now) Levitical priesthood. The new Melchizedek like priest (Christ) on the basis of the power of an indestructible and endless life.

Heb 9:
14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal [Holy] Spirit willingly offered Himself unblemished [that is, without moral or spiritual imperfection as a sacrifice] to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works and lifeless observances to serve the ever-living God?

15 For this reason He is the Mediator and Negotiator of a new covenant [that is, an entirely new agreement uniting God and man], so that those who have been called [by God] may receive [the fulfillment of] the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has taken place [as the payment] which redeems them from the sins committed under the obsolete first covenant.

16 For where there is a will and [d]testament involved, the death of the one who made it must be established,

17 for a will and testament takes effect [only] at death, since it is never in force as long as the one who made it is alive.
Bible Gateway passage: Hebrews 9 - Amplified Bible

MY NOTE: Christ is the Mediator of a new covenant, an entirely new agreement uniting God & man. Those who have been called [by God] may receive [the fulfillment of] the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has taken place [as the payment] which redeems them from the sins committed under the """obsolete""" first covenant.)

May His grace be multiplied to you & yours, JJ

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Hb 10:26
For at our sinning voluntarily after obtaining the recognition of the truth, it is no longer leaving a sacrifice concerned with sins,

(CLV) Hb 10:27
but a certain fearful waiting for judging and fiery jealousy, about to be eating the hostile.

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone repudiating Moses' law is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant by which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?

I didn't write the verse. I gave its source I'll refer to them. Having said that. Be a witness of 2-3:

John 3:
15 That whosoever """believeth""" in Jesus should not perish, but have eternal life

16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever """believes""" in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Prior to the verses you cite. Beginning with (vs 14) Jer is speaking of the future time of restoration.

Vs 15 In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He (the Messiah) shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth.

This is future a time, after the time on the gentiles (we're there now).

We haven't made it to verses 20 and 21 where I live. We still have day and night here.

Are you purporting that the Covenant with the Messiah, our King, has been annulled where you are?

Upvote 0