Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Love of the Father.

Ephesians 2
"7in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast"
Two things about salvation:

We are saved by Grace, which is the receiving of something you do not deserve.
We have salvation through Christ who gives us mercy.. which is NOT receiving something that you DO deserve.

So, we did not earn it and we do not deserve it..

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Included in the title of the post "I deserve it."

I try to stick with the thought that I deserve nothing except for a hot place down below.

Keeps one humble.
M-Bob

So where is the room for the boldness and the expectation and
the authority?

*So where did our unalienable rights come from?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Two things about salvation:

We are saved by Grace, which is the receiving of something you do not deserve.
We have salvation through Christ who gives us mercy.. which is NOT receiving something that you DO deserve.

So, we did not earn it and we do not deserve it..

What are you receiving and why? Do you have certain unalienable rights?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say I earned anything?

That's what deserve is about; you work/study hard, you deserve a reward/promotion/to pass the exams.
You spend a couple of hours gardening; you deserve a cuppa and a biscuit. If you were to say, "why do I deserve to pass/get a promotion/have you be nice to me?" the answer would likely be; "you've worked hard, you've earned it." People sometimes do outstanding acts of charity - the comment is made, "he/she deserves a medal."

We don't deserve anything good from God because we have done, and can never do, anything to earn it. On the contrary, if he punished us with illness/disability/death, that would be a "reward" for our sins - the wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23. Wages are something due to you because of your hard work; they are something you earn.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What are you receiving and why? Do you have certain unalienable rights?
I am receiving eternal life from Christ. I am receiving it because I believe Him when He says that He Loved me, died for my sins and paid the price that was due for my sins..which was death.

The result of my faith is eternal life. Which I did nothing to gain but since my accepting of my total inability to achieve it of my own accord, Christ has wiped my slate clean.

I have the Holy Spirit living in me now and He is my guide. Each day, since I changed from my earthly ways, I strive to live like Christ, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

When I die, Satan will accuse me of the awful things that I have done, that are contrary to God's righteous plan for me. Satan will demand the death penalty, for which I am full well deserving of.

Christ will then step up and state that I am pardoned by the fact that my death penalty has already been paid, by Him and He has granted this mercy to me due to my faith in Him and His promise. By God's grace I am given something that I do not deserve, Eternal life, through the fact that Jesus is merciful to not give me something that I truly deserve.. death.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
my death penalty has already been paid, by Him and He has granted this mercy to me due to my faith in Him

So your faith in Him is the reason He grants you mercy? Does your faith make you worthy of His mercy?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We don't deserve anything good from God because we have done, and can never do, anything to earn it. On the contrary, if he punished us with illness/disability/death, that would be a "reward" for our sins - the wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23. Wages are something due to you because of your hard work; they are something you earn.

Solid answer above.
Good for a change.
Also good to know our LOW position and be grateful
this is (if) we are Born Again
others will be blinded and not understand
simple unsaved man says, "that ain't fair."

MB

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Solid answer above.
Good for a change.
Also good to know our LOW position and be grateful
this is (if) we are Born Again
others will be blinded and not understand
simple unsaved man says, "that ain't fair."

MB

Let me ask you something ...does talent deserve to be rewarded?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So your faith in Him is the reason He grants you mercy? Does your faith make you worthy of His mercy?
No.

By definition, mercy is not receiving something you deserve. I will always be guilty of sin and deserving of Death... However, Jesus did the time for my crime. So He has the right to pardon me.... I am certainly not worthy. Only Christ's blood will cleanse me.

He loves me and has mercy on me because I believed on His promise.

Christ would love for all to be saved. He longs for us to accept Him. His work on the cross was for everyone. Remember? "For God so loved the world"?

Upvote 0