Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My wife died suddenly in seconds. The M E did not do an autopsy because of numerous health problems. They said that even though it would show cause of death like stroke, heart attack. However it would be difficult to determine what caused the event due to health problems. So it likely to raise more questions. The kids and myself are ok with not knowing the cause, if was going to lead more questions. My wife's siblings and some of the extended family wanted an autopsy. They want answers and I don't know how to help them. They are still bringing it up. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife died suddenly in seconds. The M E did not do an autopsy because of numerous health problems. They said that even though it would show cause of death like stroke, heart attack. However it would be difficult to determine what caused the event due to health problems. So it likely to raise more questions. The kids and myself are ok with not knowing the cause, if was going to lead more questions. My wife's siblings and some of the extended family wanted an autopsy. They want answers and I don't know how to help them. They are still bringing it up. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
I do not know what her health issues were but they obviously thought it was an effect of one of those conditions. Everyone is still grieving. It’s normal to have these thoughts and questions. Praying for God peace and comfort to envelop you all.

Reactions: Rom10:9
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

First, may God bless you at your loss.

If you do not want an autopsy and the Medical Examiner doesn't require one you don't need one. I can understand your in-laws wanting one but it is still up to you and you seem to have made your decision. When asked what your wife died from you can say "the Medical Examiner said it was natural causes". I am positive that won't please everyone but you'll never please everyone.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My wife felt a bit under the weather back in Dec 2020. On the 20th at 1:10 am she called for me and then passed in about 3 minutes. All I need to know is the Lord took her home. What her death certificate medical terms boil down to is massive heart attack. I was asked if I wanted an autopsy, my answer was no. Fortunately for me my family may disagree on my position of joy as to where she has gotten off too though I miss her here in the flesh, but we all agree she probably floated a clot. They don't understand my position, least not the unsaved. The impact of her passing has been tougher on some than others with every emotion under the sun revealing itself. I can't help them either but to pray. I hope they pray for me too because it's not that I have full immunity to the symptoms of grieving, just a completely different view and the Holy Spirit who has comforted me greatly.. And I really wish they would come to the Lord and begin to see what I've seen in her passing. I was blessed to have received two visions that remain in my mind as pictures of her not on the couch that night. Not all the family saw the couch scene and non the visions. If I could paint decently I'd paint the pictures left in my head to show them the beautiful scene she passed through and into and how beautiful she is now.

Non of it matters here, she has literally gone home to be with the Lord, praise God ! She beat me out, that nobody expected. Everyone has chased my ambulances.

I'll pray for your situation.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Rom10:9

Saved by Grace through Faith
Feb 4, 2022
Oklahoma
✟10,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, I know how bitter sweet. You miss her and long to be with her but she is no longer in pain and in the presence of the Lord. Sudden death is very hard. I pray
For God to give you and your family comfort and peace.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess there is always going to be some question in peoples mind of why their loved one died, could anything have been done, did the doctors miss something at the last exam? It is all part of the grieving process. I know from your posts you did everything you could have done. Give it time everyone will accept the fact that loves goes on after death and death is unavoidable. BUT death is not the end, it is just a transition to a better and fuller life. Blessings

Upvote 0

Rom10:9

Saved by Grace through Faith
Feb 4, 2022
Oklahoma
✟10,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
[QUOTE="disciple Clint, BUT death is not the end, it is just a transition to a better and fuller life. Blessings[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing to the fact death is not the end but something much better. Kent

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
I will always wonder what happened when my husband had the last grand mal seizure, fell into a coma and passed. He did have stage 4 cancer with mets to the brain but I will always wonder what caused the seizure. No autopsy though, I mean, his death was inevitable. His official cause of death was attributed to the cancer.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

My mother was pronounced dead, and was autopsied. She had been suffering from cancer. Cancer was at the top of the list of the causes of death. Somewhere in that list, her kidneys failed; which ultimately led to her heart stopping.

So why did my mother leave us? She was alive before her heart stopped. I tell everyone one that it was cancer; but what caused the cancer?

I have lived after my last heartbeat for my entire life, until the next beat comes.

Once it didn't come right away for me; but I still lived in the spirit.

My Great Uncle was pronounced dead on the operating table; and they wheeled him out into the hall. To everyone's astonishment he got up off of the table in the hallway. He had been listening to the doctor as the doctor had pronounced him dead. He couldn't speak. He was thinking that if he could just lift a finger to show everyone that he was still alive. The doctor didn't believe his story, until he repeated the doctor's words from the operating room, and the words of his staff, verbatim.

We are here until we have served our heavenly Father's purpose for us. Not a moment longer. not a moment less.

We aren't dead unless our Father declares us dead.

Many appear to be alive, but are dead. Many appear to be dead, but are alive.

With this passing Yom Kippur, I am more committed to living a life more dedicated to our Father's will.

Upvote 0