Status
Not open for further replies.

digstar

Dec 18, 2005
US
✟15,166.00
Faith
Seeker
I have been talking to some christians that have told me that even during the midst of their christianity, they still have doubts sometimes about god interacting in their lives, that they feel so distant from God during their darkest times. This question popped into my head, and i thought i would ask. Christians will tell you that it is impossible to understand all of God, that is is beyond our comprehension. You will never have all the answers about God. So is it not nieve to accept him and dedicate your life to his cause, if you cannot even recieve all the answers to your questions about him? Infact, it seems even more so that you are putting blind faith into a god that you will never physcially have shown to you, and you lead your life of obdience with that small thought still in the back of your mind saying, "well, what if he isnt there,' because even some radical christians will tell you that there are times where they have doubted god.

matthewgoh

Dec 15, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
✟8,249.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Digstar,

Physically, God is "hidden" from the physical world. But spiritually, he lives in the hearts of Christians. So, some non-believers think we are "crazy", yeah we are really different, because we are filled with the holy spirit which they will never understand.

God teaches us through the holy spirit, through the happenings in our lives. Sometimes, yes we do feel there's "no" God, we loose the spirit, but that doesn't mean God is leaving us, it's just that he teaches us to repent from our sins. Once we repent, we seek him and we see prayers answered. So, there's a relationship, started when we accepted Christ as our saviour. So it's not a blind faith.

How can we totally understand God, unless he physically appear to the world, revealing himself. But he will never do that, for a reason. The reason is for our Salvation - made possible by Christ's crucificion.

His glory is not important compared to the Salvation he has laid for us.

Hope I have answered your doubts. Please feel free to ask, and you will find answers from all your friends here at CF.

Upvote 0

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Dec 29, 2004
Kentucky
✟1,343.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You will never have all the answers about God. So is it not nieve to accept him and dedicate your life to his cause, if you cannot even recieve all the answers to your questions about him?
You can receive answers to a vast amount of questions through His teachings and inspired writings... However it is quite logical that were the Lord to exist we would not be able to fully comprehend Him... anymore than my pet dog can fully comprehend me... We are a lower form of life...

it seems even more so that you are putting blind faith into a god that you will never physcially have shown to you, and you lead your life of obdience with that small thought still in the back of your mind saying, "well, what if he isnt there,' because even some radical christians will tell you that there are times where they have doubted god
I will not lie there were times(I will explain why I no longer quesion) when I may have had a lingering doubt in the back of my mind... however I have been fortunate... I no longer doubt... in fact I no longer believe in the existance of the Lord... I know...

A little over two years ago... I had an experience where I heard the voice of the Lord speaking to me... of course this destroyed any of the small doubts that may have been in the extreme back of my mind...

I do not expect you to take me on my word on this... but it is possible that the Lord will Himself to you... at least through voice to me...

Upvote 0

L.A.W.

Feb 28, 2005
✟7,866.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is a good question you have raised. Let me give you my input on the matter.

It takes faith to believe in Yahushua. It is a miracle if one individually chose to follow Yahushua. Blessed are those who believe through blind faith.

Some people are born into a christian family and thus from birth to their adolasence, they go to church as their parents does. By going to church doesn't assure them of a personal relationship with Yahushua, but it is hoped for that they may make the decision to seek and to know their Savior and Lord God when they grow older and start to think for themselves. Many people who go to church continue to go to church because it's become rather traditional...religious. Over the times, many churches has been falling away from the truth and thus the truth is not taught in the churches anymore, so the faith of many are weak. It depends on the individual's desire that they will make the choice in continuing to keep seeking on their own. Others fall from faith due to their doubts and lack of diligence. It does not matter if you're born into a christian family or not, for in the end, it matters that you will choose to seek a personal relationship with Yahushua or not. By the spirit of Yahuhveh, the knowledge of Yahuhveh prevails. It is important to seek for the counselor, the Holy Spirit, so that the Holy Spirit will remind you of the truth and lead you to the truth. Thus you will have a spiritual and intimate understanding of the scriptures and thus a personal relationship in knowing Yahushua and Abba Yahuhveh. You must seek to be born of the spirit and to live by the spirit. Many do not seek for the Holy Spirit in the name of Yahushua and thus their lamps burn out and they loose faith. It is vital that you pray for the Holy Spirit and daily meditate and study the scriptures that you may come to know the truth and the truth will set you free. Then you will be one in Him and He in you.

Upvote 0

PapaLandShark

Post Tenebras Lux
Dec 4, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟4,274.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
digstar said:
I have been talking to some Christians that have told me that even during the midst of their Christianity, they still have doubts sometimes about god interacting in their lives, that they feel so distant from God during their darkest times.

Indeed...this is common. 9 times out of 10 it's because we have turned our attention away from God at some point. God doesn't move away...we do.

This question popped into my head, and i thought i would ask. Christians will tell you that it is impossible to understand all of God, that is is beyond our comprehension. You will never have all the answers about God.

He is far more than we can imagine...but this does not mean that we cannot know Him. Think of your best friend for a moment. However close you are to him or her you will never know everything about this person...but this does not mean your relationship with this person is not worthwhile. On the contrary...it is often this lack of understanding that carries the relationship to new and wonderful places.

So is it not naive to accept him and dedicate your life to his cause, if you cannot even receive all the answers to your questions about him?

Is it neccisary to know everything about a person to place your trust in them? Lets take your best friend again for an example. You know he or she loves you. You know you can trust in this person to tell you the truth even if it's not what you want to hear. You know this person keeps their promises. You know that you can trust what this person says by what they have done with you, told you, challenged you with...You don't need to know their shoe size or exact nationality or who they voted for in the last election. In the same manner we have our relationship with Jesus.

In fact, it seems even more so that you are putting blind faith into a god that you will never physically have shown to you

I know of no such blind faith. It is incomprehensible to me. I know Him through His creation. I know Him through His Word. I know Him through the wonders He has shown me in my life. I know Him through His Law. I know Him through His promises. I know Him through His Love. I know Him through His Grace and Justice and Righteousness...An unexamined faith is dangerous. Read through the book of James.

, and you lead your life of obedience with that small thought still in the back of your mind saying, "well, what if he isn't there,' because even some radical Christians will tell you that there are times where they have doubted god.

Even the Apostles doubted my friend :) Look at Peter and Thomas. The Bible is full of doubt and God guiding His people to Righteousness again and again. Trust in God is not natural to us. In fact it is impossible without the help of the Holy Spirit. I praise God daily that when I doubt I am always lead back to Him. In fact this process has strengthened my faith. Something to noodle on eh? He has never failed me and He never shall.

I hope this helps a bit.

Upvote 0

soap

Psalm 40:2
May 24, 2005
✟57,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of the greatest struggles Christians have is what the Bible calls "renewing your mind". If you spend a daily quiet time with the LORD, then it is hard to doubt His existence. Our struggle is not with flesh and blood, and the enemy will tell you there is no God. If you constantly hear that from the enemy, and never renew your mind (by reading the Bible and having a quiet time with the LORD), you start to doubt.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Digstar,

Another poster mentioned Thomas, maybe you've heard the story of doubting Thomas who actually had to touch the Lord to believe, and after the story it says:

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

We are blessed. We trust God because he is the truth. There is no doubt in my mind that God is real and is who He says He is. My doubts come when I'm afraid and I've forgotten the Lord's promises. But I don't doubt that God is real.

God bless you, Tapero

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.