✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nick Sandmann files $250 million lawsuit against Washington Post

February 19, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – In what they say is “just the first of many,” lawyers for Covington Catholic High School junior Nick Sandmann filed a $250 million lawsuit against the Washington Post today.

“The Post rushed to lead the mainstream media to assassinate Nicholas’ character and bully him,” high-profile attorneys Lin Wood and Todd McMurty wrote in a summary of their lawsuit. The newspaper “[fanned] the flames of the social media mob into a mainstream media frenzy of false attacks and threats against Nicholas.”

Sandmann and his fellow Covington classmates became the target of false accusations of racism after a selectively edited video of them waiting for their bus after the 2019 March for Life was shared on social media. The video purported to show the boys harassing an elderly Native American veteran. But additional extended video and firsthand accounts soon revealed the man, Nathan Phillips, was the one who waded into the group waiting for its bus and decided to beat a drum inches from Sandmann’s face, and other adults who accompanied Phillips shouted racial taunts at the kids. The kids had been performing school cheers in an attempt to drown out the harassment, and did not respond to adults’ insults and abuse in kind.

No video showed the teens chanting “build the wall,” as was widely reported.

Nick Sandmann files $250 million lawsuit against Washington Post

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There's already a good discussion on this, but to sum up the better posts from it. We see where the kid's entitled bratty behavior comes from since mommy & daddy filed a quarter of a billion dollar worthless suit. The suit hasn't got any merit. Hopefully the family will learn themselves a lesson by having to pay the legal fees. Looks like they're wanting to use Donald's trick of bullying by lawsuit so folks just settle on account of not wanting to waste the time & money duking it out. All the time folks get settlements they do not deserve on account of that. But there's also folks who file frivolous lawsuits, have to end up paying the legal fees. That's what needs to happen here.

He's the victim of nothing but poor guidance, from the parents & from the chaperones who failed to act appropriately that day. My school played against Covington. He's earned himself a reputation for being a jerk well before he showed that of himself on camera.

Sure would be nice if Donald Trump could be sued for all the nasty lies he's told about folks, but we're supposed to take his Twitter as "hyperbole" nonsense. Well that's how to take his tweet cheering on Nick, I suppose.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's already a good discussion on this, but to sum up the better posts from it. We see where the kid's entitled bratty behavior comes from since mommy & daddy filed a quarter of a billion dollar worthless suit. The suit hasn't got any merit. Hopefully the family will learn themselves a lesson by having to pay the legal fees. Looks like they're wanting to use Donald's trick of bullying by lawsuit so folks just settle on account of not wanting to waste the time & money duking it out. All the time folks get settlements they do not deserve on account of that. But there's also folks who file frivolous lawsuits, have to end up paying the legal fees. That's what needs to happen here.

He's the victim of nothing but poor guidance, from the parents & from the chaperones who failed to act appropriately that day. My school played against Covington. He's earned himself a reputation for being a jerk well before he showed that of himself on camera.

Sure would be nice if Donald Trump could be sued for all the nasty lies he's told about folks, but we're supposed to take his Twitter as "hyperbole" nonsense. Well that's how to take his tweet cheering on Nick, I suppose.
The assumptions you make about his parenting is what causes people to draw the wrong conclusions. Our News media has the power of the pen, or t.v. or microphone to report an incident and manipulate the truth by how they import their bias into their reports. The audience has no other source to compare the facts with except other news reports....so what we end up having is a lot of people who have been brainwashed into believing something without ever once getting all the facts.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We see where the kid's entitled bratty behavior comes from since mommy & daddy filed a quarter of a billion dollar worthless suit.
This statement in itself is proof of the damage media outlets like the Washington Post has caused. Your comment is the direct aftermath of the irresponsible journalism that the news outlets weaponized against this boy. A comment that would never have existed towards that boy if the media had any integrity. I blame the irresponsibility of the Washington Post and other irresponsible news outlets for the comment you have just made here on this thread and the millions of comments made worldwide.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This statement in itself is proof of the damage media outlets like the Washington Post has caused. Your comment is the direct aftermath of the irresponsible journalism that the news outlets weaponized against this boy. A comment that would never have existed towards that boy if the media had any integrity. I blame the irresponsibility of the Washington Post and other irresponsible news outlets for the comment you have just made here on this thread and the millions of comments made worldwide.

100% wrong but thanks for the lulz. He already had earned himself a reputation for being a jerk prior to this. His parents suing for a quarter of a billion dollars is what shows where he got that entitled complex.

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The assumptions you make about his parenting is what causes people to draw the wrong conclusions. Our News media has the power of the pen, or t.v. or microphone to report an incident and manipulate the truth by how they import their bias into their reports. The audience has no other source to compare the facts with except other news reports....so what we end up having is a lot of people who have been brainwashed into believing something without ever once getting all the facts.

Lol. Dude. The parents just filed a quarter of a billion lawsuit. You don't need the media to help you understand why that's ridiculously opportunistic & pathetic. I've formed more views on him from what other folks from Covington have said about him on Snapchat, WhatsApp, then on msm.

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
100% wrong but thanks for the lulz. He already had earned himself a reputation for being a jerk prior to this. His parents suing for a quarter of a billion dollars is what shows where he got that entitled complex.
So the Washington Post was justified in smearing this kid because he comes off as a 'jerk?'

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Technical difficulties.

Attachments

• dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-world-300x300.jpg
    dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-world-300x300.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
100% wrong but thanks for the lulz. He already had earned himself a reputation for being a jerk prior to this.
Is that really so? Tell me, what was YOUR opinion of the family before the whole incident? I will say that I had absolutely no opinion of the family because I never heard of them. Did you know the family before they were in the news?

• Useful
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So's Law in action.
So......what was your point in this comment?

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that really so? Tell me, what was YOUR opinion of the family before the whole incident? I will say that I had absolutely no opinion of the family because I never heard of them. Did you know the family before they were in the news?
I think the point of all this most are missing is Sandmann is a minor and the WashPo vilified him without fact checking sending many leftists in full hate mode wishing harm to him.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Probably not. Given the grudge he still has on the school. Sore looser I say. LOL

I don't have any grudge with Covington & in fact I respect the school. It's on account of respecting the school, the folks who went there, go there, that I respect their views about all of this & about Nick Sandmann.

Baseball is my sport, Covington is best known for their basketball, so I never personally played them. They won a championship title in basketball last year; Sandmann is not on that team.

The folks at Convington who actually know him, the family, are the ones who've called him a jerk & the family opportunistic. They are the ones who are resentful that their school, their community has become virtually synonymous with this whole incident. A very well-respected Catholic bishop in Lexington who wrote an op-ed critical of the way the Convington boys behaved that day also got threatened with a lawsuit by Sandmann, even though he did not name Sandmann. He got ugly stuff, all sorts of other crazy nonsense thrown his way. The archdiocese also got threatened with suits. Something like 50 people / entities got threatened with suits.

I'm on a full scholarship to the school that is first in the country for my field so no, not exactly a sore "looser" as you call it. :) I guess if I was like Sandmann I'd throw myself on the ground, have a fit & have my mommy & daddy sue you. Lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The folks at Convington who actually know him, the family, are the ones who've called him a jerk & the family opportunistic.
Except I am not concerned about what the family and folks at Covington said or think about him. I asked what YOU specifically thought about the family prior to the incident. You basically stated that you did not know him or the family, and like myself, had absolutely no opinion or knowledge about the family. Until the irresponsibility of the media kicked in. Hence, once again, I directly blame the irresponsibility of the media for the content of the first post you made on this thread. That is the reason why the Washington Post is being sued. And rightfully so. Perhaps, after getting crushed in their wallets, they will be more concerned about facts than ratings.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This guy getting sympathy for his bad behavior with the ever popular “they started it” defense while the women exploited by our President, the people outraged at racists being appointed to positions of power, and Dreamers who feel unduly targeted are going “really?”

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It matters not what he did before, had done, will do...

The fact and point is that they took a small clip of video and presented it to be something opposite to what it actually was.

This is the media of today... they were disingenuous.... and the reputation of a young man was presented in a untruthful way.. The bent and skewed the truth. They misrepresented the facts.. They purposefully created a situation that was non existent. They did this to present and promote their agenda.

This is called Propaganda....

Then... you wonder why it's called "fake news" Well... it's because it's Fake news.

Upvote 0