Mar 12, 2011
✟54,249.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Where I lived before, we had a JW coming to our door regularly. Once I tried something I had learnt from an apologetics video: I showed him that in his very own Bible translation, in the Revelation of John, both Jehovah and Jesus are called "the first and the last". But logically, there can't be two firsts - unless Jesus and Jehovah are the same. He didn't answer this.

Another time, I mentioned that the name Jehovah is nowhere to be found in the New Testament (and the Greek Old Testament). He found a passage in the New Testament in his Bible where it had "Jehovoah", and I pulled out my Greek New Testament from my bookshelf (the TR, but it's not really relevant here), and showed him that in the very same passage in Greek, the name Jehovah wasn't there - instead there was only the word "theos". He then accused my Greek New Testament of being a Greek translation of the Latin Vulgate!

And everytime since then, he only wanted to speak about the name of God. Since then, I've actively avoided talking about the name of God when meeting JW's, since it quickly derails from what I want to talk about with them.

Upvote 0