Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My first post in this forum. Love the title. Threads look exciting. I love to talk about Jesus and the Eucharist. Peace
Welcome! :wave:

I hope you enjoy it. We need more people that like to talk about edifying subjects. :)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My first post in this forum. Love the title. Threads look exciting. I love to talk about Jesus and the Eucharist. Peace

Nice to meet you online Wkmt! :) My name is Holly but I go by Ave Maria here on CF. That said, I also love to talk about Jesus and the most holy Eucharist. What a great gift Jesus gave us in the Eucharist so that we might receive Him when we go to Mass!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the welcome bro's & sis's. I'm excited to start out in a new forum. This seems like a far more loving forum. The one I just left (CARM) had far too much hate in it and I was letting myself get infected by it. Ready to start over ...... again. Peace

You went to CARM? Seriously? Catholics are made up to be demons over there. :(

This site isn't perfect-- right now if you see one of the threads in this forum you can see some of the drama that happens. I'm glad people are talking it out though.

Anyways, I'm also a CF Welcome Angel so let me know if you have any questions about using the site. The Angel ministry was set up to assist new members with questions, be a prayer buddy, and a friend. :)

God bless! :hug:

Upvote 0

wkmt2819

Feb 17, 2012
✟7,658.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You went to CARM? Seriously? Catholics are made up to be demons over there. :(
I know. I started out very charitably defending the faith using God's Word, historical writings, and reason but every single response was of the "pagan", "papist", "harlot of Babylon type". One of the moderators even told me I wasn't "really saved" because I left evangelical Protestantism for Catholicism. The final straw was when I got temporarily banned by a moderator and then the moderator immediately responded to several of my posts using, calling the CC a "cesspool" and I had no way to respond. I think this was a sign from God to leave the place and He showed me this. I'm excited and think I will stick to proclaiming what I believe to people who are more open to hear it.

Anyways, I'm also a CF Welcome Angel so let me know if you have any questions about using the site. The Angel ministry was set up to assist new members with questions, be a prayer buddy, and a friend. :)

God bless! :hug:

Thanks for the welcome. Since I have your virtual ear, let me ask you a question ......

If I want to talk about the Passover Seder and the Shabbat Dinner (the bread and wine Jewish people bless before they eat dinner on Fri night) and how it ties into the Eucharist, should I discuss that here or in the Messianic Judaism forum? I think the MJs could really relate but am afraid it would be viewed as proselytizing. I don't know how something like this would be received and I don't want things to get like they did on CARM.

Peace

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I just bought Nash's "Worthy is the Lamb" which is on the biblical roots of the eucharist. His first point is that Jesus in the eucharist is our opportunity to take of the tree of life. That is on opposition to Adam's sin who took of the tree of knowledge instead. So we earn eternal life by participation in Mass.

Upvote 0

wkmt2819

Feb 17, 2012
✟7,658.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Okay - just read some reviews and downloaded to my Kindle. Have you read Scott Hahn's "The Lamb's Supper"? or Brant Pitre's "Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist"? They are both amazing.

In my sojourn through Protestantism, I encountered Messianic Jews and went to one of their Seder meals. It was also a "teaching" Seder. The pastor/rabbi held up the afikomen, explained that this was what Jesus was holding up when he said "this is my body", and then stated that some early Christians believed that it truly was the body of Christ (as if Christians don't today!). This was right when I was discerning entering into the CC and knew all about the Early Church Fathers views on the Real Presence. It was an amazing affirmation that I was heading where God was leading me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome.

Scott Hahn is awesome!

I think, with your history, that you may enjoy some of the debate in Theology. I would suggest General Theology. Just remember to read the site rules and Theology rules as well. I think you will enjoy yourself in Theology if you came from CARM.

God bless you.

Jack

Upvote 0