Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi All, I'm pretty new too and just wanted to stop in and say hi. Good to be here, i'm a musician from way back. Been playing vountry and blue grass as long as I can recall. Hi omally, kinda sounds Irish. See you all around.
God Bless, Rick:wave:

Upvote 0

Christian Soldier

QUESTION EVOLUTION
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟2,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Greetings to both omolly and radrick! :wave:

It's safe to say there aren't a lot of country music fans on these forums.

I really don't have an opinion on Carrie's new album, because I listen almost exclusively to traditional/classic Country. I'm not interested in much Country music that came after about the mid-1970's.

I like traditional Bluegrass and Bluegrass Gospel, but don't really care for Newgrass/Progressive.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Difficult to say. i grew up on Hee Haw, went to rock, then when i met my husband he got me into more, such as old Loretta lynn and then Lorrie Morgan.
Now my son got into it this summer.
I enjoy this stuff most.
Oh I love some oldies, such as The Perfect Country Music Song by David Allen Coe, but a lot of songs I like are by Toby Keith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian Soldier

QUESTION EVOLUTION
Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟2,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen Buckeye, that's my favorite type, is older bluegrass and old country. I like some of the new stuff, but new to me is the 70s.lol. Most of the new is really R&R. with a cowboy hat on.

That was me, not Buckeye. :)

I like 50s and 60's Country the best, followed by 40s and 70s. I'm not that interested in much Country after the 70's, though a few of the new artists who have a traditional sound are pretty decent.

Upvote 0

rickrit

Oct 11, 2007
✟7,682.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi i was just "browsing" the sites and found this one I grew up on country from the 50's on up I like alot of the old and alot of the new too.
I love country gospel I try to play I've taught myself guitar and now trying to learn alittle banjo I'm not a musician by any stretch but I do like playing and singing
My husband and I have a jail ministry and I play there and try to sneak my "country " stuff in on them ..they really don't seem to mind much
anyone else play or do you just aprreciate listening?
Happy birthday Howard Dean!!

Upvote 0

radrick

Oct 12, 2007
Mid-west
Visit site
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That was me, not Buckeye. :)

I like 50s and 60's Country the best, followed by 40s and 70s. I'm not that interested in much Country after the 70's, though a few of the new artists who have a traditional sound are pretty decent.
Sorry Christian Soldier, I like about the same as you too,lol. I accually like playing bluegrass and country more then listening.
Rick

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.