Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks to everyone for the answers to my first question. I'm still doing some of my own research to learn and grasp the answers but I do have a new question and figured to just ask it here without starting a new thread.

I'm just wondering if there is a version of the bible out there that is almost like in story form? I did a google search and all I got was links for children's bibles and the sort. I've tried various times to read the different bibles that I have even some that are made for beginner teens and I just get lost in the way it's written and think if it was written out like a novel is I'd have a better chance. Does that exist out there anywhere?

I have been blessed to find a Bible called "The Living Bible" by Tyndale House Publishers. This Bible is translated in such a way that it is so easy to read, that describing it as a novel is just the right way to describe it. I encourage you to look for that translation in your local second hand book shop, or even spend a while in the bookshop reading various translations until you find one that makes it easy to understand. Before obtaining this translation I found it difficult to read Genesis and follow the genealogy of humankind, but this translation is so easy to read it's really filled in the blanks very well. Check it out, even if you have to buy a new copy, give me a PM if you can't afford it and I'll order one for you, this translation comes with my highest recommendation :)

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
from John 1 said:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

Jesus = God = Creator of the Universe

Upvote 0

Saltyjames

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
✟15,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Beautiful question.

They are both walking with you.

And you would pray to the same One that Jesus prayed to, God. Yet you can still talk to Jesus! Jesus is you Brother, your Friend, the person who takes up your cause. God is our Father. There is a difference.

Your consideration on this point of reverence is quite wise and humble!

Bless you!

Upvote 0

Scorponok

I Walk The Line
Jul 1, 2010
Pleiades
✟15,185.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Green
I have been blessed to find a Bible called "The Living Bible" by Tyndale House Publishers. This Bible is translated in such a way that it is so easy to read, that describing it as a novel is just the right way to describe it. I encourage you to look for that translation in your local second hand book shop, or even spend a while in the bookshop reading various translations until you find one that makes it easy to understand. Before obtaining this translation I found it difficult to read Genesis and follow the genealogy of humankind, but this translation is so easy to read it's really filled in the blanks very well. Check it out, even if you have to buy a new copy, give me a PM if you can't afford it and I'll order one for you, this translation comes with my highest recommendation :)

Thank you for this, it's what I've been looking for. I realize some people feel some translations aren't true to the original but I just cannot seem to grasp what is being said otherwise. I'll look for this book at my local Christian bookstore, and give it a try.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you find "The Message," take a look. I absolutely love it, but haven't seen the living Bible. I do know the painstaking extent that went into Faithfully translating The Message from the original, but the important thing is - READ IT! Just get it all in there, one way or another, regardless of version ...

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is smiling down on you right now for your eagerness to learn - this is a wonderful thing. You will hear from many different denominations - all these answers are good and just listen for the leading of the Holy Spirit - turn away any advice that does not lead you to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I had a teaching one time that kinda made it clear to me - Father, Son and Holy Spirit was explained like an apple - you can't have an apple without the core (God) - it is not an apple without the meat around the core (Jesus) and you cannot have an apple without the skin (Holy Spirit) - 3 in 1 - same as Father, Son and Holy Spirit - 3 in 1.

Jesus says in the Bible that He does only what the Father tells Him to do - so God is in Charge - He passes His Will on to Jesus and Jesus implements it and the Holy Spirit is the very Spirit of Jesus - Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit to lead us into truth and guides us. So 3 in 1 - we cannot have just one - we have all 3.

So when I pray I always start off with 'FatherGod, in the name of Jesus' - but you can pray and talk to all three.

I also like the Living Bible - some don't like it, but for beginners in the Lord, it helps you learn. Just remember that the Bible was written over 1,600 years but they connect without any form of communications back then, which is evidence that it is God's Word and not mans. There was 400 years between the Old Testament and the New Testament - lots of changes there that are not fully explained without extensive study of history.

Don't get bogged down with a lot of legalisms from different denominations - you can find a Bible study and just ask the Holy Spirit to teach you - the Bible tells us that we really do not need a teacher because God's laws are written in our hearts and the Holy Spirit will lead us. Just know that Jesus is walking with you each step of the way and the Holy Spirit will not lead you in the wrong direction.

Asking question is a good thing, we can all learn, but if something is said and you think 'that doesn't sound right' - then do the study and ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit - don't take anyones word for Gospel until you have peace about it.

Thanks for sharing, I love threads like these because I can learn also.

Upvote 0