Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thought I would try this forum out. Really just starting to get life back on track spiritually. I’m a an introvert with social anxiety, and thought maybe a good start since I’m not attending church, and have had troubles with church in the past. Nervous and hoping for best.

Royals IS

May 20, 2017
Western Michigan
✟28,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive struggled with social anxiety all my life, was an introvert as well. I finally overcame it with proffesional help and guidance by God, If you ever need someone to talk to about anything, don’t hesitate to ask. Welcome as well. :D

Reactions: Randar
Upvote 0

Randar

Jan 1, 2019
Hays
✟11,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive struggled with social anxiety all my life, was an introvert as well. I finally overcame it with proffesional help and guidance by God, If you ever need someone to talk to about anything, don’t hesitate to ask. Welcome as well. :D
Thank you!

Reactions: Royals IS
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thought I would try this forum out. Really just starting to get life back on track spiritually. I’m a an introvert with social anxiety, and thought maybe a good start since I’m not attending church, and have had troubles with church in the past. Nervous and hoping for best.
Hello and welcome,if you know of any churches in your area and location,you can always watch the services online,if they tape it live.

Upvote 0

SuZQ154

Apr 25, 2018
Alburtis
✟12,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Reaching out here and to the Lord are keys to success:) Have you considered a church near you? Being connected with a church and moreso, other believers, helped me to overcome anxiety and know I am loved, enough, and have purpose. Might want to consider. So, so glad you are here!!

Upvote 0

Jimdubu

Aug 28, 2018
Menifee
✟17,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suffer from anxiety as well I have two books that have helped me a great deal. The first is by Max Lucado called anxious for nothing And the other is called Anxious For Nothing by John Macarthur. Both are written by Christian authors. As far as finding a church, you need to find a Bible based church one that is completely Christ centered ,not watered down to appease the worldview crowd. Unfortunately many churches are about demographics and putting on a great show. AW Tozer said back in the 40's I believe " There is no lack of Bible teacher to set forth correctly the principles of the doctrine of Christ, but too many of these seem satisfied to teach the fundamentals of the faith year after year, strangely unaware that there is in their ministry no manifest Presence, nor anything unusual in their personal lives. They minister constantly to believers who feel within their breasts a longing which their teaching simply does not satisfy" In other words there are a lot of clergy out there that just doesn't have the fire of the spirit within them. Here is a link to some information you may find helpful Churches Offer More Than Free Donuts | A Listly List. The first step to anything is prayer, just climb in your Fathers lap and tell him what is going on ( He already knows He just loves hearing from you) Prayers my Friend .

Upvote 0

SuZQ154

Apr 25, 2018
Alburtis
✟12,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sister-in-law gave me Max Lucado's "Be Anxious for Nothing" for Christmas. My husband and I have both read parts of it. Being on the same page as my hubby is second only to being on the same page with the Lord.

Keeping relationships in check are so difficult and take time and "branching out". Sometimes I shy away from people, so I can live in my comfortable world. I don't have to change or talk or feel vulnerable. Yet, when I "branch out", it usually helps. What would "branching out" look like for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums