Indiana
✟9,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm early to bed and early to rise.. to be healthy, wealthy and wise. -Benjamin Franklin

Hello to all. I joined for fellowship, and sharing God's Word and growing together in Him.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm early to bed and early to rise.. to be healthy, wealthy and wise. -Benjamin Franklin

Hello to all. I joined for fellowship, and sharing God's Word and growing together in Him.
Amen, welcome!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Welcome! :wave:

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟9,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Q yo you and to all "Are you a "SEEKER" as commanded in Matt 6:33? I am! I quit READING my Bible over 40 years ago because I started studying it, for I purposed to never be under the triple curse of Hos 4:6

TBNK

My Q yo you and to all "Are you a "SEEKER" as commanded in Matt 6:33? I am! I quit READING my Bible over 40 years ago because I started studying it, for I purposed to never be under the triple curse of Hos 4:6

TBNK
Did you not read "I joined for fellowship, and sharing God's Word and growing together in Him."

Did you miss the meaning of 'sharing God's word and growing in Him"? I read my Bible because it can't be studied without reading it.

Hos.4:6 is primarily concerning the OT days of a lack of availability of personal Bibles for the populace. So they had to rely on the religious leadership who kept the Logos (written) Torah-Tanak at the synagogue.. plus there were the righteous & holy prophets who spoke the Rhema word of God. The common people had to rely on the Tsedeken's and the Pharisees to have the exegesis of the religious writings in order to properly follow it.

To the Christians who may have several Bibles, and various Bible materials nowadays, Hos.4:6 is a reminder to be diligent as a disciple to read, study, meditate, pray, obey God's word daily so as not to slip into a backslidden condition.

I seek to be diligent in order to please the Lord God, and Savior who bought me with a precious price, I seek to know all that there is to know of God's word that I walk worthy of Him.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

Please do not goad. Most of our Christian members are very diligent to study the Word, pray, and continue to follow the Holy Spirit through the sanctification process. To question their spiritual diligence for no reason is to place them on the defensive and goad them into flaming you, which is against the rules.

Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟9,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

AMBASSADOR HAT

Please do not goad. Most of our Christian members are very diligent to study the Word, pray, and continue to follow the Holy Spirit through the sanctification process. To question their spiritual diligence for no reason is to place them on the defensive and goad them into flaming you, which is against the rules.
This response was sent to me.

The person I responded to asked me if I was a seeker I presumed he asked because it wasn't apparent that I am.. so I replied to assure him that I am.

I know that my thoughts were gentle and peaceful as I formed my words into a question. It's unfortunate that they were thought to be said in a negative attitude. I am not one to despise the rules against goading. I would not think to communicate negatively and think that I get away with it. I am not a child. I am an adult. I shrink from offending anyone with harsh negative attitude in my communication. My parents have been godly role models to me and I am a godly role model to our child. I think about what to say and go over it more than once to make sure as best as my vocabulary allows that the words I choose do not offend.

It is my mistake that I didn't just say that yes indeed I have been a Christian for over 40 years and as I said, I enjoy to fellowship and share from God's word.

As of this incident of being wrongly misunderstood, I will be taking a sabbatical from activity on this discussion board.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

This response was sent to me.
It actually was mainly sent to the poster above you, who has been removed for trolling people. However, your post did contain a couple of loaded questions to snap back at that poster for his bad behavior, which is why I addressed the post to everyone in the thread instead of just him.

I’m sorry that happened, and I’m sorry that you have chosen to leave. If you wish to return, please just remember to report instances of goading and flaming to the moderators instead of responding in-kind. The mods and I deal with trolls when we find them, but we are only human and sometimes our actions do not occur instantly. Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟9,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

AMBASSADOR HAT

It actually was mainly sent to the poster above you, who has been removed for trolling people. However, your post did contain a couple of loaded questions to snap back at that poster for his bad behavior, which is why I addressed the post to everyone in the thread instead of just him.

I’m sorry that happened, and I’m sorry that you have chosen to leave. If you wish to return, please just remember to report instances of goading and flaming to the moderators instead of responding in-kind. The mods and I deal with trolls when we find them, but we are only human and sometimes our actions do not occur instantly. Thanks!
Thank you for clearing up the situation. I reiterate this in a calm manner, I don't fly off the handle so easily, as to snap at someone. My use of such words which you identify as loaded questions were actually gently directing the person to words that indicated that I am not a person without knowledge of God as the Hos.4:6 was used to imply against me. I actually had not thought that he was expressing bad behavior, but just that he hadn't paid attention to my phrases that indicate my desire to share God's word with others. Which meant that I was not a seeker without knowledge of God and His word. In my reply to that person I assure you my emotional state was that of a level headed teacher to a student who'd assumed the wrong thing in a sentence he'd read and therefore came to a wrong conclusion.

Again, thank you for clearing things up. As a result, I will be returning soon. Thank you for your work in catching people of inappropriate intent.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0