✟22,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello any and all,

I have only participated in 2 online forums and removed myself from participation because of my disappointment with them. I thought a Christian Forum might provide a bit more so here I am.

Most importantly, my name is Howard but not Beale… I forgot that you should use some pithy nom de plume instead of anything resembling your real name… anyway, now I am stuck with it.

I have been driven my entire life to reach an understanding of the Scriptures that would guide my in daily existence, without interest in winning debates or litigating dogma. I have come to the very clear understanding that the words and teachings of the Divine Incarnate, Jesus, are the lens through which all Scripture must be viewed - keeping in mind that those words and teachings stand on the shoulders of the Foundational Books of Moses. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me…” [John 5:46]

I spent decades in the study of the Scriptures in their original languages. Latin and Greek with the Christian Brothers and Jesuits, several years studying Hebrew with a Lubavitcher Rebbe in Boston and finally Arabic at NYU. My drive demanded that I also pursue Theology, Philosophy and finally Psychology.

My health is such that it takes me a rather long time to put things together.

Thank you to any who may have read this!

Howard

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”

Stephen Hawking/Daniel Boorstin

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
d50eca0177e348e1a1d76458e3efc2de.gif

54560b5b8e090fe7334d4fbc45e2bd5f.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love that quote in your sig man. It sounds like you have a fascinating knowledge of scripture. I'd love to talk Bible with you sometime, I HATE debates myself, I won't have them, I mean heck we're commanded not to have them lol Not long ones anyway, but a good theological discussion? Oh yeah, I'm all about that.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello any and all,

I have only participated in 2 online forums and removed myself from participation because of my disappointment with them. I thought a Christian Forum might provide a bit more so here I am.

Most importantly, my name is Howard but not Beale… I forgot that you should use some pithy nom de plume instead of anything resembling your real name… anyway, now I am stuck with it.

I have been driven my entire life to reach an understanding of the Scriptures that would guide my in daily existence, without interest in winning debates or litigating dogma. I have come to the very clear understanding that the words and teachings of the Divine Incarnate, Jesus, are the lens through which all Scripture must be viewed - keeping in mind that those words and teachings stand on the shoulders of the Foundational Books of Moses. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me…” [John 5:46]

I spent decades in the study of the Scriptures in their original languages. Latin and Greek with the Christian Brothers and Jesuits, several years studying Hebrew with a Lubavitcher Rebbe in Boston and finally Arabic at NYU. My drive demanded that I also pursue Theology, Philosophy and finally Psychology.

Howard

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”

Welcome! :)

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hello any and all,

Howard

My dear brother Howard, a very warm welcome to CF

We Christians here are very diverse group of believers.

May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always

May God our Father give you wisdom as you study the Scriptures

0 homeless pray for the homeless.jpg

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dear brother Symph, to whom are you referring? Me?
Yep! That's what the ^^ were for haha You're always so warm and bright to new people! But that's enough of that.

things might get weird.....
tumblr_m08xamKkCU1qiunvpo1_500.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PoetStorm

Wanderer in the wilderness
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island New York
✟21,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome! I too tend to shy away from debates overmuch. I figure there's enough for everyone to work on in trying to obey and follow the big points most agree on. That's plenty hard enough. We can get to debating finer points when we're perfect right? LOL

But it sounds like you have an interesting depth of knowledge. I hope to see you posting around so I can learn a thing or two. I'm relatively new to studying the word myself. Nice to meet you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello any and all,

Howard

Hi HB, so nice to meet you here. This is only my second CF as well. SO nice to meet you here. God bless!:wave:

Upvote 0