• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New Things For When We are Tempted

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a list of things that we can do instead of sin. It has the sexual addict in mind more than any other addiction, only because I am not totally aware of all the other struggles and triggers of the other addictions.

1. Prayer
2. Stay in bed cuddled with your spouse as she/he wants to be close to you.
3. If you have chickens, go outside and take care of them. Feed them, let them out, etc.
4. Continue writing your novel or short stories.
5. Read and study the scriptures.
6. Take a course in a Seminary like Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary
7. Go to Christianforums and ask others to pray for you.
8. Do yard work outside.
9. Go for a walk on a trail with your kids.
10. Listen to some great Christian hymns.
[By the way, anything from Kaleb Brasee online is awesome!]
11. Write a sermon
12. Practice a special song for church.
13. Prepare your Sunday School lesson.

As I think of more, I will add to this list. Or, for the rest of you - please add your own alternative things to do other than sin. :) Peter James