Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Israeli authorities have unveiled a new synagogue in Jerusalem underneath the Temple Mount that is now open for prayer after 12 years of construction and an investment of $50 million.

The significance of the new Jewish worship center placed beneath the foundation of the holy site is of biblical proportions.

t is located directly under the Western Wall, where Jews have gathered for centuries to pray at the retaining wall for the Temple Mount,” WND reported....

Regulations on prayer in the underground synagogue are slated to be published by the Western Wall Heritage Foundation (WWHF), which invites all who want to learn more about God’s people and Jewish history.

“[The new synagogue] will be open to anyone who desires to study and connect,” WWHF informed.

Israeli Jews open synagogue beneath Temple Mount

Darrel Slugoski

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2017
Edmonton
✟35,915.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I need your help come back and help to " Catholics cant answer this " thread . I may need you help the next few days . One of the posters seemed to make amends before you left . You cant take this stuff personally . Just have fun with it .

• Useful
Reactions: Rachel Rachel
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israeli authorities have unveiled a new synagogue in Jerusalem underneath the Temple Mount that is now open for prayer after 12 years of construction and an investment of $50 million.

The significance of the new Jewish worship center placed beneath the foundation of the holy site is of biblical proportions.

t is located directly under the Western Wall, where Jews have gathered for centuries to pray at the retaining wall for the Temple Mount,” WND reported....

Regulations on prayer in the underground synagogue are slated to be published by the Western Wall Heritage Foundation (WWHF), which invites all who want to learn more about God’s people and Jewish history.

“[The new synagogue] will be open to anyone who desires to study and connect,” WWHF informed.

Israeli Jews open synagogue beneath Temple Mount
WOW! POW! Keep on keepin' on!

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
map-273x416.jpg
So where is this synagogue according to this pic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This was from almost a year ago.

Is it still in operation? Has WAQF objected?

I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Yes, there were objections during its excavation.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟781,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oddly it is very difficult to find any information on it. I can find the original articles from last year, but nothing else. Even the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, which according to one article runs the synagogue, does not seem to mention it on their website.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oddly it is very difficult to find any information on it. I can find the original articles from last year, but nothing else. Even the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, which according to one article runs the synagogue, does not seem to mention it on their website.

I wonder if it is for security - the Muslims are not best pleased about it, it seems! I think the entrance is in the tunnels, so in theory no Muslims should get through but...

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟781,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if it is for security - the Muslims are not best pleased about it, it seems! I think the entrance is in the tunnels, so in theory no Muslims should get through but...
That makes sense, I do wish one could find out more though!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That makes sense, I do wish one could find out more though!

I could do with another trip to Israel - perhaps in February - then I can find out!

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could do with another trip to Israel - perhaps in February - then I can find out!
Please let us all know. I am probably going back next October (year from now) and would love to know about it.

Upvote 0