✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kingpicreduc.jpeg

My avatar picture really is a picture of me. It is a picture of The Kingdom of God as Jesus describes it in His parables. The image was burning in my heart, and, together with my cousin, who actually is an artist, we painted it in 1986.

My cousin died in the UN Vietnam war in 1966, when I was seven. I come from a family of great American Veterans. Priest's homilies were just brutal on killing in war in that era. I had a great desire in my heart to love Jesus' and to do His will. The draft was on. Seeking out Jesus' will on if or when to kill, for the protection of my country, grew to be an unbearable weight on my heart. At age sixteen I asked my priest this question in the confessional. He told me I had to serve my country, but when I got back, come to the Church and she will help me with all the evil I had done. I ran from the confessional, knelt down at the Church Crucifix and, with tears streaming from my face, I begged God to tell me what to do. I prayed, If it is Your will God, I will stand by idle, with my weapon at my side, while my own mother is brutally beaten and murdered. Or Heavenly Father, I will travel ten thousand miles and fight to my death to protect someone else’s mother from being persecuted. But please Heavenly Father, let me know Your will on when to kill.

I began to read scriptures along with my prayers and contemplation. Slowly God did answer my question to Him. Just goes to show that if you throw enough prayer, contemplation and desire for God's will at something, anything can happen, even moving mountains. I continued on with other questions to God and fifty years later I am still reading scriptures, praying and contemplating God's will, continuously over the decades, with the same intensity I had in my youth.

My avatar is on the cover of my 500 page, 1990 self published book 'I Love You, God' (which never sold) and my www.ILOVEYOUGOD.com free web page, which went up in 1997. In 2006 I saw that the Blessed Mother had a globe cross also. Then I saw Jesus had a globe cross, and even Archangel Michael. Thus I went apocalyptic at that time. A globe cross is symbolic for Messianic Reign.

So this is the story behind my avatar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums