New Jerusalem God dwelling in us

• Thread starter In Christ Forever
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

In Christ Forever

I was reading through Paul today and found this passage and remembered it is like the one in the New Jerusalem in revelation:amen: Has anyone else see this before? I know awhile back I had viewed the New Jerusalem as the Holy Spirit for some reason but never could understand why. Just today I happen to see this passage and it just popped up at me. It would be hard to explain this to anyone and I am still kind of amazed at it. Any views on this?:preach: God bless.

2 corin 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among [them.] I will be their God, And they shall be My people." 17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you." 18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

reve 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them [and be] their God. 4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

21Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 "God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

gala 4:25 And, the Hagar, is Mount Sinai, in Arabia,--she answereth, however, unto the present Jerusalem, for she is in bondage with her children; 26 But, the Jerusalem above, is free,--the which is mother of us ALL

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi InChristForever, :wave:

:amen: and :amen: !!!

I am not looking for the glorification of an earthly city, but:

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God." (Hebrews 11:8-10, ESV)

I wouldn't necessarily view the Holy Spirit as the New Jerusalem, because we have the Holy Spirit now--but later, we shall dwell in the New Jerusalem, the True Jerusalem, built by God and not man. But thanks for sharing the verses! :)

In Christ,

Daniel

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
In Christ Forever said:
I was reading through Paul today and found this passage and remembered it is like the one in the New Jerusalem in revelation I know awhile back I had viewed the New Jerusalem as the Holy Spirit for some reason but never could understand why.
Great OP! I read somewhere that All articles in the tabernacle, and the outer court, and the priests were anointed with olive oil, this is in Ex 30:22-33. And the Olive oil is said to represent the Holy Spirit. and this,

2 corin 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among [them.] I will be their God, And they shall be My people." 17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you." 18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

Would we rather say we are today’s tabernacles?

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
Be warned, this is a wild comment! Go through it at own risk!

A friend of mine believes the tabernacle started in the Garden of Eden, or rather the Garden of Eden was the first temple. And after that God Tabernacled with man through the Temple in the Wilderness, later the Temple of Solomon. And that we are the temples, as Paul stipulates. Jesus called Himself a temple. And that saints will be the New Jerusalem, as they would have become the express image of Jesus Christ! :amen:
Oooops! hope there are no accidents! Told you to buckle-up!

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

queenm04 said:
Be warned, this is a wild comment! Go through it at own risk!

A friend of mine believes the tabernacle started in the Garden of Eden, or rather the Garden of Eden was the first temple. And after that God Tabernacled with man through the Temple in the Wilderness, later the Temple of Solomon. And that we are the temples, as Paul stipulates. Jesus called Himself a temple. And that saints will be the New Jerusalem, as they would have become the express image of Jesus Christ! :amen:
Oooops! hope there are no accidents! Told you to buckle-up!

That is not a wild comment to me. In fact it appears the bible started in the Garden of Eden with man casted out, and and now God dwelling with us.
I still feel Pentecost is more important than most realized and it appeared to fulfill a lot of scripture. Your friend is actually reading the bible spiritually, which is how it was written.
It just proves to me that God does Truly exists, that He came down and manifested Himself in the flesh as Jesus Christ, and was raised then ascended into heaven. Only God could have written a Book like this and I am so glad He came into my life and opened my eyes to it.
Thanks for sharing that with us.:preach:

Ezekiel 37:12 "Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 "Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 "I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land[Jerusalem above?]:amen: . Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken [it] and performed [it,"] says the LORD.' "

1 corin 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them,] because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is [rightly] judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0

mythbuster

Apr 14, 2004
✟746.00
Faith
Christian
In Christ Forever said:
I was reading through Paul today and found this passage and remembered it is like the one in the New Jerusalem in revelation:amen: Has anyone else see this before? I know awhile back I had viewed the New Jerusalem as the Holy Spirit for some reason but never could understand why. Just today I happen to see this passage and it just popped up at me. It would be hard to explain this to anyone and I am still kind of amazed at it. Any views on this?:preach: God bless.
The New Jerusalem is our destiny. Not heaven. In the New Jerusalem is God's eternal purpose realized. He will obtain His bride which is His counterpart as illustrated by Eve in Genesis. Out of Adam's side is produced Eve, which Adam declares to be "bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh." Likewise when Christ dies on the cross out of His side is produced His counterpart by means of the blood and the water. Blood for redemption and water for life impartation. This life, the eternal uncreated zoe life of God was released by His death. As the grain of wheat He died in order to produce the many grains. The end result of the flowing out of God into His chosen people is His bride, which is the New Jerusalem.

So today we enjoy our wonderful redeeming God, Who has redeemed us for His tremendous eternal purpose. Today we take Him into us, as the river of water of life, bright as crystal. Today we heed the call of the Spirit and the bride.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who his thirsty come, let him who wills take the water of life freely.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.