Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 6:7 comes to mind when I think about modern America. It seems like America's only desire is to mock God and enshrine every sort of perversion and debauchery imaginable, the more disgusting, the better.

I've completely quit watching TV and Movies (save for documentary films) because every TV show has to have a transexual character or a gay "married" couple on it and every movie has to have an explicit sex scene, which isn't really something that I'm interested in seeing for my own reasons, not because I'm some sort of a "prude". I mean, it's literally every TV show and movie that I have tried to watch in recent months, and I do not watch a lot of TV or movies at all.

The portrayals of violence, specifically sexual violence against women, have also gotten more graphic and it really speaks volumes about the state of the society that we live in. So it doesn't surprise me that a blue state like New Jersey, the state where I was born, would be allowing biological men to go into women's prisons just because they say that they "feel like women". The blue states and cities are also the ones pushing LGBTQ ideology on children, and teaching children how to have sex with each other in public schools. It makes me thank God every day that I don't have children, because I couldn't imagine what it's got to be like to try and raise a child in today's degenerate American environment.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟786,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It makes me thank God every day that I don't have children, because I couldn't imagine what it's got to be like to try and raise a child in today's degenerate American environment.
It's sad that as a Catholic I don't feel I can be open to life because of these very reasons. Since I'm single I don't know if that's a sin. I hope not.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since I'm single I don't know if that's a sin.

What, to be single? If that's a sin, then I'm in trouble.

But I definitely do not want to have to raise kids in this environment. This is the least conducive time to raising children that I've ever seen in my relatively short lifetime. I never imagined in the late 90s that the present was going to be as bad as it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟786,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What, to be single? If that's a sin, then I'm in trouble.

But I definitely do not want to have to raise kids in this environment. This is the least conducive time to raising children that I've ever seen in my relatively short lifetime. I never imagined in the late 90s that the present was going to be as bad as it is.
No lol I meant that if one stays single because they are weary of bringing children into this world, is that de facto contraception lol?

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No lol I meant that if one stays single because they are weary of bringing children into this world, is that de facto contraception lol?

Contraception is fine as long as it isn't artificial. Look at the Sisters. They remain celibate and chaste. (1 Corinthians 7:8)

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It's sad that as a Catholic I don't feel I can be open to life because of these very reasons. Since I'm single I don't know if that's a sin. I hope not.

During the early days of the Church when martyrdom was common everywhere, this concern did come up. Many chose a celibate life which grew into monasticism. Others chose to be married anyways, and it was not legal marriage as legal marriage under Rome meant pagan sacrifice and ceremonies. They had families knowing they could all be killed in an instance for their faith. Some watched their children be martyrd in front of them before accepting it themselves.

The Christian way is a way of courage and a way of being sustained by God above all else.

But remember chastity is always a requirement. Whether single in the world, monastic, or married.

Upvote 0