SuperSynthesisMax

Apr 11, 2007
Keeping this on the down low... yes
✟7,651.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome from me too. I was a bit confused by the intro about how you go through your logic, but that is cool.
Another welcome… thanks

Must be the baby lol:sorry: But seriously, it can’t be all that difficult to understand. Its as simple as: I am very determined to understand Roman Catholicism, therefore I am studying it’s foundational criteria (revelation) in chronological order. This would be because truth is by definition ordered, logical and absolutely consistent with itself (chronological). Truth has the habit of presenting itself in a chronological fashion.

Besides, our church has such an IMMENCE amount of revelation, who on earth would want to read it from two or more different angles? All you’ll end up doing is confusing yourself and burning the candle at both ends. And I really don’t have time for that sort of thing. For me, an almost middle-aged pregnant and hard working mum, it would be better if I just started from the beginning of the race as any other race. The way you read a news paper article or reader’s digest… that’s how I’m gonna read all Roman Catholic Criteria:(A) First the law and the prophets- Old Testament; (B) then the New Testament (C) then our additions to the New Testament; (D) and then the Saints and Fathers, including the writings of our Popes.

Ine of the the big secrets is to use your logic, but let the Holy Ghost guide it and interpret things for you through it.

Sorry if my words were so vague. I never meant to give the impression that understanding of revelation comes through man. We are so savage and mad… it would break my heart to hear a message like this being preached. True understanding is a gift from God, a fruit of the Spirit… it is something far beyond us. We are burdened to see in part… we are burdened with a flawed and sinful being. Understanding is of God. I really can’t see it any other way. The heart of man and the heart of this world, they are just too painful and too evil and wicked… if I search within… I will loose all sanity and probably die. Having converted from a background that exalts the self… I see no hope in the self, but only in Christ. It is not I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me. Therefore I will praise Christ.

Understand also that the church gives us many toos to guide us and to use in our lives. Scripture is just one. You have to logically combine it with the others such as the Traditions of the faith and the liturgy, and the teachings of the church fore-fathers and saints. With these you can have a strong foundation in life.

How could the law of Moses have proceeded out of our Roman Catholic Church, if the law existed before the Church? Sorry, forgive my bluntness, but why would you say that?

When you say “combine” I’m not sure whether you are telling me to force a reality of agreement over the revelation or try and find an agreement. If you were trying to say that we need to assume there is an agreement and live with that reality, I can’t live with that. I am a truth seeker, so I test things that call themselves truth. That’s why I study in chronological order.

…Zzzz… I’m getting tired.

I guess we probably at a bit of a conflict on this matter. Never mind that friend. The Lord will bless his beloved:thumb:

Oh yeah, and in the 2007, you have......us at your disposal!

Thanks a million:clap: Could you guys perhaps then refer me to a place where I can later study about Catholicism from the earliest traces of it.... like way way back:eek: ... lol

Peace to ya all:wave:

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
How could the law of Moses have proceeded out of our Roman Catholic Church, if the law existed before the Church? Sorry, forgive my bluntness, but why would you say that?

I meant Scripture to be the full Bible. The bible was put together by the church in the 3rd centry. With the guidence of the Holy Ghost, the books were choosen and others were discounted and others just proven frauds. The way the scripture is created and and all the wprds in it give us a complete picture of Gods love and how He desires us to be.

When you say “combine” I’m not sure whether you are telling me to force a reality of agreement over the revelation or try and find an agreement. If you were trying to say that we need to assume there is an agreement and live with that reality, I can’t live with that. I am a truth seeker, so I test things that call themselves truth. That’s why I study in chronological order.

No, it isn't about forceing hun, it is about continuing the passion and making the spirit grow bigger and bigger through the truth. You must look and combine the traditons and interpretations and teachings given by the forefathers and mothers of the church to completely understand and believe in things such as the Trinity and Mary's divinity and the maricals of the saints.

Those things are not found in the scripture and you will be backed into a corner and challenged by others if you do not understand that. Just ask any of us here who have ventured into the other forum areas here.

Peace Out!

Upvote 0

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WELCOME!!

:clap:
Hope you enjoy your stay...

WE sometimes let folks leave, with
a signed permission slip.

^_^

God Bless. BTW, nice to meet!
ROFL @ permission slip!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Hello Max and welcome to OBOB :wave:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome :) I am new too, so we can be newbies together! Congrats on the baby, and try to stop in to the parenting forum--there are lots of nice mamas (and papas) over there!
Welcome to the forums Donna! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuperSynthesisMax

Apr 11, 2007
✟7,651.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome :) I am new too, so we can be newbies together! Congrats on the baby, and try to stop in to the parenting forum--there are lots of nice mamas (and papas) over there!

Well then welcome to ya too newbie;) Thanks dear, the parenting forum sounds like a lovely idea.... thats if I have the time of course.

Upvote 0

SuperSynthesisMax

Apr 11, 2007
✟7,651.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry folks, but it seams I won't be posting on CF again. I don't raelly want to say why, its a bit of a private thing, but it was nice while it lasted.

Oh and stivvy, thanks for your advice, but as I said, I am a truth seeker, I don't begin with the statement: "Everything that procalims to be truth is truth..." I begin with the statement: "I will test and see if that which proclaims to be truth is in fact truth." Sorry, but that's the way I am and always will be. And even if the whole entire world hates me for this... so be it. If the world is against me and my stand for sound doctine and truth... then I will just love and pray for them even more.

But I love you folks. Don't let the sun go down unsolved.

Rest in his mercy and sweet grace

May you all increase in your understanding, and keep away from the evil one

-Maxine

Upvote 0