Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Suggesting a new forum - subforum - something - for believers to discuss topics such as prophecy, tongues, etc with the restriction that the posters are there to share and/or learn about how these operate in the "church" today.

Seems there was a prophetic forum previously. Also, know there's a Spirit filled and a Sign gifts forum open now. But would appreciate your consideration of this request. Thank you.

Last edited:

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How would you envision this forum to differ from the Signs and Gifts forum that currently exists?
Perhaps it wouldn't. Having read the SOP, my question would be about personal prophecy. I would not envision actually doing it on the forum... that would be a mess. But rather, talking about how it works, how to do it properly and in order and how it connects to other spiritual gifts. Along with generic examples.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see. In that case we have the Spiritual Gifts forum. In your explanation of what you would like to discuss it seems like the right place:
Spiritual Gifts Forum Statement of Purpose
"The spiritual gifts that may be discussed in this forum are: Prophecy, Service, Teaching, Exhortation (encouraging), Giving, Leadership, Mercy, Wisdom (speaking Biblical truth), Knowledge (spiritual insight), Faith, Distinguishing of Spirits (discernment), Apostleship, Administration, Evangelism, Shepherd or Pastor."

But keep in mind the overall forum rule about this:
"Personal Prophecy (prophetic utterance) will be considered off-topic to all site forums. These may be posted in your own personal blog."

So, do not make actual personal prophesies, but discussion as you are saying sounds OK to me.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is an example of what I was hoping we could avoid Is this speaking in Tongues?

That thread should not have been in that forum to begin with. If you make your post in a "safe house" such as Spiritual Gifts then it precludes people that do not believe in the gift (such as tongues) from teaching against them.

• Agree
Reactions: Halie Stevens
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok The poster is new and might have thought "prayer wall" included prayer language.
yeah, it happens a lot. Usually the thread is just moved if it has a few posts and is on topic. At this point I am not sure where it could be moved as it is full of off topic posts and replies. Staff will check it out and see.
Anyway, thanks for your time again.
No problem :)

• Agree
Reactions: Halie Stevens
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe if there was a message that came up when the "Sign Gifts" forum was accessed that briefly stated who could post there according to forum rules would be helpful.
Most forums here have a "Statement of Purpose" that should be read before posting in them that explain the purpose of the sub-forum, who can (and can't) post there, and any pertinent rules. I don't think there is a way for the forum software to make a brief popup or scroll for a specific forum like this, we can do it for the whole forum, but not individual sections, unless I am mistaken. Regardless, the Statement of Purpose should always be read before posting a new thread, that helps one understand what is allowed to be posted there.

Upvote 0