• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New Forum: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jaimegerise

Sep 28, 2004
✟879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another ADDult here who just found this area! Thanks a BUNCH....

Without mentioning any names, I had, in the past year, become a very involved member of another very active ADD forum on the net. I was even a "super moderator" on the boards and a member of a couple of the committees there. VERY recently, heated discussions came up on various issues such as religion. Even though there was already a forum guideline in place that specifically forbid the debate of these topics, it was still happening...causing a bit of concern to several members. This compelled the admins of the board to create a new policy FORBIDDING the discussion of anything to do with religion (and a couple of other topics as well) and also forbidding the use of any reference to such in our profile signatures or forum pictures/avatars.

As a Christian, I felt very much like those who have been placed under attack for prayer in school, etc....I felt very wronged to have my beliefs slapped in my face when all I had done was try to be the best representation of Christ in those forums without EVER "preaching" or throwing my beliefs onto anyone. I felt like I couldn't be ME...like I had to hide my identity as a Christian in order to stay a member there.

So....without further adeu, I resigned my position there, and decided to look for support forums where I could feel free to be the Christian I am.
smiley.gif

Which brought me to CF....and NOW I can enjoy the ADD area!!! Yayyyyyyy

Upvote 0

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anyone else here with ADD just get to the point of wanting to end it all. Do you ever feel that it is the only way to end the pain of rejection of other people??

If so how do you deal with it????

Please help me

Upvote 0

Zacharias

זכריה
Jun 18, 2004
✟12,721.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Tenorvoice said:
Does anyone else here with ADD just get to the point of wanting to end it all. Do you ever feel that it is the only way to end the pain of rejection of other people??

Please help me

Sorry I can't help, I'm home-schooled and go to a small church.

God Bless, Freak4JC

Upvote 0

jaimegerise

Sep 28, 2004
✟879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tenorvoice said:

Please help me
Well, I've had major depression that sprouted from my ADD...and other things....

But I've never felt like ending it all....sure felt like running away though...and hope to never feel like that again.

Hope you are doing ok!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.