Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Caedmon said:
Consider this.

A young muslim is losing his faith and sees no reason to continue reading the Koran or to continue following the tenets of Islam. Then a strong male islamic father figure talks to him about how he needs to return to the faith of Allah.

1. Would you give this film a "Parental Guidance" rating?

2. As a Christian parent, would you want this film to have a "Parental Guidance" rating, alerting you to its potential for islamic proselytization?

1. No

2. No

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JoshuaCh1v9 said:
Instead of going down this route in case the film offends anyone of anbother faith, they would do much better actually asking Muslims, jews, Hindu's etc if they feel

Are you kidding? One of the reasons our country is in the mess it's in is because we have created and maintained a culture of being offended. Everyone is offended these days.
People are often offended by truth, and almost always by a God who requires them to change their lives.

Upvote 0

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Domi_Adsum_05 said:
Are you kidding? One of the reasons our country is in the mess it's in is because we have created and maintained a culture of being offended. Everyone is offended these days.
People are often offended by truth, and almost always by a God who requires them to change their lives.

I find this statement offensive. :|

(Couldn't resist... ^_^)

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
notanordinarygirl said:
I find this statement offensive. :|

(Couldn't resist... ^_^)

I used to be offensive due to my arrogance, but now I'm offensive due to my faith... and my arrogance.
:o

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
In this case, she was told that it "decided that the movie was heavily laden with messages from one religion and that this might offend people from other religions.

I hate this. It's a subtle way of suppressing christianity and religion in general. Freedom of speech no longer exists when anyone can label anything as "offensive" as an excuse to snuff it out of existance. This is the same kind of crap we see with any public displays of faith related material, in movies or otherwise. It's "offensive" if other people that aren't christian are exposed to it. Yea? Well what if I'm offended by the constant attacks on christians and christianity or foul/sinful expression? Tough luck bud, it's freedom of speech .. :scratch::confused: We live in a world of diversity..people will believe different things, but that doesn't give anyone the right to simply supress one in favor of the other. They take cautious approaches towards positive expression of christianity, yet it's no big deal when the opposite happens...

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good thing they came up with this warning!

Think of all those poor people who walked into a showing of the Left Behind movie and were shocked, "WHAT?! This is a Christian movie??!! How was I supposed to know without a warning???!!!"

:p

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
alucardr said:
I hate this. It's a subtle way of suppressing christianity and religion in general. Freedom of speech no longer exists when anyone can label anything as "offensive" as an excuse to snuff it out of existance. This is the same kind of crap we see with any public displays of faith related material, in movies or otherwise. It's "offensive" if other people that aren't christian are exposed to it. Yea? Well what if I'm offended by the constant attacks on christians and christianity or foul/sinful expression? Tough luck bud, it's freedom of speech .. :scratch::confused: We live in a world of diversity..people will believe different things, but that doesn't give anyone the right to simply supress one in favor of the other. They take cautious approaches towards positive expression of christianity, yet it's no big deal when the opposite happens...

Yeah, I can't wait til we see warnings about a movie because contains too much information about Islam, or about Wicca, etc.

How about this one on The Omen: "Warning: This film may confuse your child and make them follow Satan."

Never happen, would it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.