USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I listened to most of it. It's decent but I think it lacks something his other albums captured; maybe the comedic song he always seemed to release as his first single on an album.

Rap God is pretty decent. It seems to be the track everyone talks about.

Upvote 0

coventrytrey

May 8, 2012
✟15,140.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Rap God was mediocre, didn't listen to the rest of the album. I'd rather remember the good albums. Actually just listened to stan earlier today because something reminded me of that song. Very solid story telling. HE doesn't have it any more but he's still one of the greats. I'm happy that he's happy where he is in life now though and wish him good luck.

Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Blah! I have never been a fan of Eminem but did give him a try after hearing him on a Kid Rock album and I didnt care for his sound then and now. My opinion is that he is getting kinda old and up there and really his lyrics are pretty childish as most rap lyrics are, but that is my opinion

To the OP - love the signature of GTA 5 - such a great game. Fun times. For more fun and more amazing story telling, play The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1 - WOW

Upvote 0

HotRhymez

Patrick Star
Aug 7, 2004
Watching you
✟19,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After listening to it a few times, I really like the tracks "Rap God", "Survival" and "Berzerk"..though I agree it's not as great as his older stuff, however in some songs its seemed he's matured and grown up a little bit. No doubt he can still spit, though.

Upvote 0

OBEY

Joel
Oct 4, 2004
North Carolina
✟1,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been listening to it on a regular basis. It's honestly one of my favorite albums he's released. "Beautiful Pain" on the deluxe version is my favorite song on the album, followed by "Rap God." Strangely enough, I also really like "Headlights," but more so for the singing parts than the actual rapping. There's not a single song I don't like, though, which doesn't happen too often.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I haven't really listened to it yet, but I know I didn't care much for his last couple albums.

That said, I have to admit, as a person, I have a great deal of respect for Mathers. The man went from being a total nobody, neglected and abused to being a successful musician. He took custody of his younger brother til he grew up. Took custody of his then-wife's niece. Tried multiple times to fix things with his ex, and gained joint custody of his daughter. Then still took custody of his ex's second child that wasn't even his.

Upvote 0

cloudwalker

FireSpeaker
Jan 15, 2014
Billings
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He means you people.

The fact that you guys are talking about Rap God on a so called "Christian" site is absolutely appalling.

Rap God.

What does the Lord say about other gods?

Have any of you read your bibles or even understood what was wrote concerning not being contaminated by the world?

Marshal Mathers is a man is absolutely needs Jesus. Anyone can justify anything using scripture, that's why we are told we need to rightly divide the word of truth.

Marshall Mathers glorifies himself and himself only.

Look at that song called Stan, he sings about a guy who idolized him so bad that he wanted to be him and then kills himself.

Isn't that the same kinda reason that Elijah cut off all of the head of the prophets of Baal?

Those men idolized Baal so much that when Baal didn't answer, they started cutting themselves and violently tortured themselves until Elijah called fire down from Heaven and straight chopped heads off of men due to their idolization of Baal.

I can understand how one would like Emeniem, good beats but those lyrics are so damaging to spirituality that

YOU PEOPLE should really check yourselves.

The fact that the secular music forum has the most hits out of all the other music forums and this is supposed to a "christian" site.

The Lord said we would be able to tell what the people are by their fruit.

This site is loaded with Bad Fruit.

I've seen so many satanic symbols in the few minutes i've been on this site it's absolutely ridiculous.

This is the reason why we live in an era were men will be lovers of selves, money, passions and pleasure.

We are living in a Laodecian Age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Excellent game BTW. I can't get enough of GTA5.

Onto the OP. I used to love Em when he first came out and was as outrageous as they come (he had to do something to separate himself from the countless other rappers out there). As I got older I started to drift away from his music and almost all rap in general but I do have to give credit where it is due and Marshall definitely deserves credit for being an excellent lyricist. Lots of respect for the guy, even though I don't really listen to his music anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums