Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I guess what holds me back is they're so cheesy. I mean I cannot really take it seriously. There's only really two songs of their's I like, the rest is more-so laughing material. I won't judge the new material, cause I haven't heard it... but am not running to do so :D. I mean I can take a band like Norma Jean or Oh, Sleeper alot more seriously... I was just never into their [Demon Hunter's] style much....

AND MAY RAW ROCK KILL YOU FOREVER AND EVER, AMEN.

Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess what holds me back is they're so cheesy. I mean I cannot really take it seriously. There's only really two songs of their's I like, the rest is more-so laughing material. I won't judge the new material, cause I haven't heard it... but am not running to do so :D. I mean I can take a band like Norma Jean or Oh, Sleeper alot more seriously... I was just never into their [Demon Hunter's] style much....

Try Training For Utopia... Plastic Soul Impalement is incredible,

Upvote 0

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Agreed, the Songs are Very Cheesy, I mean Random crap and going to Cheesy singing i find some too religous and up your butt...which is why i like the First Album the most.
The Latest album Shows More talent than The Triptych but its somewhat like Summer Of Darkness, only slower in many ways...and thats it i guess.

Upvote 0

ListenerFriendly

I Am My Own Adversary...
Mar 25, 2006
The Westward End Of An Eastbound Sh
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They fill a need in Christian Rock better than most others....say Pillar or Skillet or others who change their style every CD

Pillar, blah... sorry.

Skillet kicks some serious with their stuff! I mean they are pretty incredible. They tend to lack a little luster in a few areas, but their originality and relevance makes them a prominant player in today's rock scene. While they have the "radio" playability, they are artisitc enough to save themselves... They do one heck of a live show, I'll tell you.

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

The thread name is "New Demon Hunter- who's excited?"

well...I am
They fill a need in Christian Rock better than most others....say Pillar or Skillet or others who change their style every CD

I LOVE Skillet's new sound [far better than their old one]. Pillar is just plain annoying now, their last album sounded like a Creed rip-off.

Upvote 0

NightCrawler13

Veteran
May 13, 2006
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟9,466.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The thread name is "New Demon Hunter- who's excited?"

well...I am

True, i mean the Stuff From Collide was very different than the stuff from Comatose, but i hate Pillar, imo have no Singing talent or musical talent, Skillet is cheesier than Demon hunter too.

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

but i hate Pillar, imo have no Singing talent or musical talent, Skillet is cheesier than Demon hunter too.

"Fireproof" and "Where Do We Go From Here" were really good... their first album was incredably overly relegious, so much so it was almost scary, it had a good sound though. Their latest album was THE worst! They didn't even use their own sound. they stole their sound from bands like Creed and nickleback. Bad ethics Pillar! BAD ethics!

I'm a big fan of skillet though. It's not cheesy in my oppionion... I'd say John Cooper is one passinite guy and he's the sole reason why I'm drawn to the band. If he ever quit than i don't think skillet would ever make it as a band.

Upvote 0