Springfield
✟10,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm new to Christianity. 21. In coming into new life; God has taught me that the devil plants seeds in areas we're too prideful to admit that we don't know all about.

For me, over the last few months, I've realized that the area my seeds of weeds have been planted is throughout the unmapped self image.

To be friends with the world before God truly turns you into a shell for unhomed spirits.

I've been too prideful to share my full testimony with those around me. It's been putting out my flame. Hence, I wanted to put it here.

At one time, my life was filled with addictions. From age 5 I was addicted to masturbating, not having God fearing authorities in my life. From age 9 I was addicted to wallowing in self doubt. By the time I hit 14, I'd fallen fully into hibernation, sleeping full summers of my childhood away. Building myself upon things people around me liked, I feared being myself. After graduating high school, I fell into New Age teachings. They give you just enough truth to believe; but not enough to ever help you progress. They flame into your pride, greed.. and shackle you. By having all these addictions by 20.. Marijuana, nicotine, sex... I was never satisfied. I became lazy and lost, stopped going to college.

But then, after realizing I'd been living with an incubus for a year (the hard way), I began to pray without ceasing. I would pour my heart out to Our Father. My grandma passed. While I was mourning, alone in the back of a parking lot.. a woman came to my car to comfort me. God's love poured through her. He didn't stop there, reminding me every day I was loved and there was hope through his son, my savior, Jesus Christ. I realized that all of my friends had bonded with me over unhealthy habits. All those who "loved" me only would look for my scars. Isn't that a weird way to love?

He saved me, so that I could be reborn through him, and (as undeserving as I am) that I would share my testimony and that I'd have a chance at a better life, through the ways of our King of Peace. Now, through learning about Jesus and being eager to sense his presence, I run full speed at my goal of fully welcoming Jesus into my heart, and letting all ways of my old self be put to death.

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me, over the last few months, I've realized that the area my seeds of weeds have been planted is throughout the unmapped self image.
Your story closely mirrors mine...I think Satan's way is to put our minds on our self-image (physical/intellectual etc) to lead us away from the true image we're meant to reflect from the spirit (God’s). The influence is definitely all throughout marketing and social media in this day and age, I think the younger generations are being conditioned from the start.

I'm glad you found God :clap: and how wonderful that he showed you his love through the woman who came up to your car, grief is so difficult :prayer:

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm new to Christianity. 21. In coming into new life; God has taught me that the devil plants seeds in areas we're too prideful to admit that we don't know all about.

To be friends with the world before God truly turns you into a shell for unhomed spirits.

I've been too prideful to share my full testimony with those around me. It's been putting out my flame. Hence, I wanted to put it here.

At one time, my life was filled with addictions. From age 5 I was addicted to masturbating, not having God fearing authorities in my life. From age 9 I was addicted to wallowing in self doubt. By the time I hit 14, I'd fallen fully into hibernation, sleeping full summers of my childhood away. Building myself upon things people around me liked, I feared being myself. After graduating high school, I fell into New Age teachings. They give you just enough truth to believe; but not enough to ever help you progress. They flame into your pride, greed.. and shackle you. By having all these addictions by 20.. Marijuana, nicotine, sex... I was never satisfied. I became lazy and lost, stopped going to college.

But then, after realizing I'd been living with an incubus for a year (the hard way), I began to pray without ceasing. I would pour my heart out to Our Father. My grandma passed. While I was mourning, alone in the back of a parking lot.. a woman came to my car to comfort me. God's love poured through her. He didn't stop there, reminding me every day I was loved and there was hope through his son, my savior, Jesus Christ. I realized that all of my friends had bonded with me over unhealthy habits. All those who "loved" me only would look for my scars. Isn't that a weird way to love?

He saved me, so that I could be reborn through him, and (as undeserving as I am) that I would share my testimony and that I'd have a chance at a better life, through the ways of our King of Peace. Now, through learning about Jesus and being eager to sense his presence, I run full speed at my goal of fully welcoming Jesus into my heart, and letting all ways of my old self be put to death.
It’s very important that you attend a church regularly and receive baptism, if you have not been baptized already, and join support groups the church may provide or refer you to for nicotine and marijuana use. God bless you in the Name of the Father + and the Son + and the Holy Ghost + , one God, now, always and forever.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

It’s very important that you attend a church regularly and receive baptism, if you have not been baptized already, and join support groups the church may provide or refer you to for nicotine and marijuana use. May you be blessed in the Name of the Father + and the Son + and the Holy Ghost + , one God, now, always and forever.

• Love
Reactions: sarah.barah
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I think Satan's way is to put our minds on our self-image (physical/intellectual etc) to lead us away from the true image we're meant to reflect from the spirit (God’s).
That is definitely one of them.

• Love
Reactions: sarah.barah
Upvote 0