New church bells, constant 'Amazing Grace' draws fire

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be great if they have video of it. But assuming they are literally playing it non-stop, then I'd be offended by it. Its just plain rude to play it all the time. Church bells can be loud. The church near us has their bells toll a few times a day and we can here them from here. Thankfully its just like 3-4 rings. I can't imagine hearing the whole song play over and over.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes she should not of used the word 'constant' because the bells are not constantly played.
20-25 times puts it on the hour. Close enough. That's obnoxious and rude, no matter who you are or what is being played; and there are people with mental disabilities/developmental disorders who would be distressed at the frequency of the ringing - who knows if any are in the area? Plus babies being awakened by it, etc. It's just nonsense. Imagine if you had a neighbor who blasted ACDC's Highway to Hell every hour. Let's not forget that Amazing Grace is a song and takes a few minutes to complete.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've heard these types of Church bells as I used to live in a neighborhood that had a Church that played them. They do not play the whole song. Most Churches have a bell they ring hourly and it is basically non intrusive. I do not know what the situation is but this has been done by Churches for hundreds of years. I have no qualms with it. She'd really be in a pickle living close by a mosque.

Upvote 0