Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guy Gaucher. I Would Like to Travel the World. Manchester, NH: Sophia Institute Press, 2023. Paperback. $18.95. 208 pages. Available from the publisher.

This year marks the 150th anniversary of St. Therese of Lisieux’s birth. During Lent of this year, I was praying one day and said to God: If my life was different, I think I would like to be a missionary. Shortly after, one of my colleagues asked me if I would be the spokesperson for a newly translated book on the Little Flower titled I Would Like to Travel the World! So, from my home I’ve been able to talk with various platforms and individuals across the globe about this book.

The author, Bishop Guy Gaucher, was auxiliary bishop of Lisieux and Bayeux. He highlights miracles obtained through her intercession from the 1990s to the beginning of the 21st century, explains why the declaration of St. Therese as Doctor of the Church is revolutionary, and chronicles an array of healings and conversions which continue to take place during her worldwide relic tour.

Bishop Gaucher oversaw the editing of the critical editions of St. Therese’s writings which led to her being declared a Doctor of the Church. He received a flood of letters from individuals who experienced an array of miracles through St. Therese’s intercession and chose seventeen of their testimonies for this book. He wrote about the missionary spirit of St. Therese, saying:

Continued below.