"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've truly learned a lot about bitterness and unforgiveness the past few years. God is now doing something very new in my life. Now I have to accept kindness from people who spent a very long time showing me quite the opposite of kindness. The decision before me is to choose to reject the option of continuing to stew in bitterness and unforgiveness, choose to accept the new kindness, and to choose to move forward.

I think of Sarah, who laughed at the thought of finally enjoying the joys of motherhood, being 90 years old, and long past the hope of ever becoming a mother. I think of Joseph, who spent so many long years away from his family that he completely despaired of ever seeing them again, had completely moved on, counting them as completely lost, and then finally, had the joy of being reunited with his father and brothers again. I think of Jacob, who mourned for his lost son for so long, whose life was full of sorrow, that towards the end when he met Pharaoh, he told him that his years on the face of the earth had been few and evil and full of sorrow. Those are words I even quoted myself when I found myself in the depths of sorrow. These are 3 examples of people who had given up on all joy and then God, being God, came in with Joel 2:25-27, and began to restore.

God promised me that He would do a new thing according to Isaiah 43:18-19 and now it is happening, and it is strange. God promised that He would turn my tears into joy to the point where it would be like a dream according to Psalm 126, and now it is happening. And how strange it is. And yet, although it is like a dream, it is not a dream.

I reflect on being a Christian, and in truth, it is one of the most difficult endeavors I have ever undertaken in this life - to attempt to live for and walk with Christ in this sin sick world. I always say that anything worth doing in life is not easy. Walking with Christ has not been easy. And yet, how very worth it it has been!!!!

One major, huge mistake I made, one thing that tripped me up so badly in walking with Christ, is that I made too much of human beings. Humans, no matter their title, and though they are surely accountable to these titles, are mere mortal men and women. We are fallible. We are flawed. We make mistakes, both big and small. That caused me to stew in bitterness, anger, hatred, unforgiveness, resentment. God had to and has been breaking me of that. And I have found there is freedom on the other side. And God is working. And moving. And WOW! God is good and I am so grateful to Him.

Can anyone out here relate to this? Has God turned some situations around for you so profoundly that you thought you were dreaming? How has He helped you overcome the giants of unforgiveness, bitterness, hatred, resentment, and anger?

Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayer and fasting, and if you cannot fast, choose certain foods that you enjoy and deny yourself those foods for a period of time. It is a means of humbling yourself before the Almighty and most high God. Seek and work towards filling your mind with thoughts of God throughout each day. If your mind is full of the things of God, there will not be any room for evil and the things of this world.
Isaiah 55:7,
Let the wicked man forsake his own way

and the unrighteous man his own thoughts;

2Cor. 10:5, We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This past summer into the Fall, God Almighty in deeds and power set us free from the house of bondage and wickedness and I witnessed my own version of the parting of the Red Sea. In an impossible situation,
everything changed in the twinkling of an eye, doors were opened, enemies humbled, and my wife and I just had to keep our mouths shut and walk through the opened doors to freedom from tyranny and oppression in our lives. I'm still in awe of the many moving parts that had to coincide to enable our circumstances to change. God is Awesome and Beautiful indeed! He is the Apex of beauty in motion.
1Cor.14:33,
For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Upvote 0