New and utterly confused

blessed2

Oct 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟710.00
Faith
Messianic
I apologize in advance if anything i say here offends anyone. That is not my intention. I only wish to air my thoughts and confusion. I guess I'm seeking direction and guidance.
I have already made an exodus from the organized denominational church.
I'm searching for a deeper, closer relationship with G-d. I want to know the truth and serve Him as fully as I possibly can. I want to give Him more.
I need spiritual guidence and fellowship....mentors?
I tried full gospel. I found that many of those churches pressured people to speak in tongues and held the attitude that if you didn't get the gift them you weren't saved although I read the passage as to "some" the gift of this and to some the gift of that....not all and every.
Also I was disturbed that they collectively pray out loud in tongues when the scriptures are spacific about not doing that.
Although I do not doubt the sincereity of thier love, I did not feel that I could follow.
The catholic church....I love that you can go anywhere in the world and hear the same mass. I like structure and tradition. etc but....
I was told that I could not be catholic if I didn't believe that Mary had remained a virgin her whole life...was born without original sin guilt etc
I feel that she probly wasn't and being married, there was sin sin in it, would have been scripturally correct if she did. Didn't understand why it was even an issue as it's not by Mary that I'm saved.
I cannot bring myself to pray to her. Have not found any scriptures to validate any of the above.
As per the Pope. I cannot reconcile the believe that he is the literal voice of G-d on earth. If this was true...well, I could just go on and on but one point is how to you explain the visious acts of the church in history? Chr-st himself did not do such things nor preach it....therefore the Popes of that time could not have been opperating under the will of G-d. So then that theory is impossible. Many of these believe that if you aren't Catholic then you can't go to heaven. They say that it is the first church....how did the first hebrew church become Roman? The most hateful people I've ever met were in churches....how can this be?
I have so many questions.....
1st, I know that the L-ord I follow was a Jew. My faith based in the Jewish religion although we have not been instructed as such.
OK, if we are saved by the name of......it is the name above all names.....pray in the name of.....at whose name every knee shall bow....(sound important huh?) then you'd think they'd get the name right.
I am retraining myself to call Him Y.
As per G-d.......is this wrong? What shall I call Him.
I have always been taught that if you followed Chr-st you were a Chr-stian. What shall I say that I am if I follow Y?
Where should I begin?
You are all so instructed and knowledgable......it is very overwhelming to feel so behind.
My heart is this.....
I love H-m with all of myself and pray He knows the heart of me.
I want to serve H-m with all of my strength.
I owe H-m so much and I want to give H-m my best.
I am starved for the sincere milk of the word and need much guidence....spiritual parenting so to speak.

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would say that an online forum where you have a diverse set of members all at varying levels of knowledge is a great place to start. I have gained so much through my personal friendships and relationships on these forums.

I hope you can gain the same.

shalom,
yafet

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
blessed2 said:
1st, I know that the L-ord I follow was a Jew. My faith based in the Jewish religion although we have not been instructed as such.
OK, if we are saved by the name of......it is the name above all names.....pray in the name of.....at whose name every knee shall bow....(sound important huh?) then you'd think they'd get the name right.
I am retraining myself to call Him Y.
Y'shua What a blessed name! Though I am not that strong on the actual "name" as in verbiage as many of my brethern are. But if what you do you do to honor Him then that is a blessed thing.
Some time I will have to expound on "in the name of" is. Today is not that day. But to return to the original Hebrew or Aramaic or Greek is always a good thing.

BTW it's ok to say or type Y'shua IMHO. Same goes with Christ (This is a title not a name!)
blessed2 said:
As per G-d.......is this wrong? What shall I call Him.

Ha'Shem - The Name
El' Ohim - Almighty creator G-d

Actually there are lots of names for G-d. He told Moshe to tell us
that he is I AM THAT I AM. YVWH works too. Most of what we call G-d really talks about his atributes. Perhaps Abba is good for you.

In all things honor him show proper fear and respect you are well on your way.

blessed2 said:
I have always been taught that if you followed Chr-st you were a Chr-stian. What shall I say that I am if I follow Y?

Don't get wrapped up in titles!
I am a follower of Y'shua is good.
How about Charismatic - Messianic Mennonite?
Thats what I use :)
But then I am nuts

Remember the Lord is looking at your heart not your title.
If what you call yourself unsettles people thats just too bad
Are you serving and loving the Lord? Where is your heart?

blessed2 said:
Where should I begin?
You are all so instructed and knowledgable......it is very overwhelming to feel so behind.
My heart is this.....
I love H-m with all of myself and pray He knows the heart of me.
I want to serve H-m with all of my strength.
I owe H-m so much and I want to give H-m my best.
I am starved for the sincere milk of the word and need much guidence....spiritual parenting so to speak.

In my humble opinion if this is where your heart is you are well on your way
In fact you are on the same path as the rest of us.

Remember the line from the old Hymn
"We'll understand it all by and by"

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:

Upvote 0