New Adam, who's the new Eve?

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We will all reign with Christ. 2 Tim 2:11-12: It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; If we endure, we will also reign with Him.. There are many more verses which refer to this 'royal' promise given to us in Christ Jesus.

Mary (I assume this is what the thread is really about), has endured. At the very least, she, having received the crown of life, is now reigning in heaven. So she is a queen of heaven. If paganism floats into your mind, banish it with visions of Narnia, queen Lucy, ect.

Now if she is the greatest of saints she could be called 'queen' in that sense too (i.e. 'queen of all saints'). Her reign as queen could as well, be tied to her motherhood (especially since the 'royal' promise given to her comes through Christ). However, this would make the most sense to those who believe that she is not only Christ's mother, but ours as well. (I am not referring to the 'queen-mother in David's line' argument commonly heard from Roman Catholic apologists).

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In reply to the OP, I would assume it's the Church/Mary as long as we maintain that Christ saved both sexes equally. I've always wondered too, why, if the earthly Tabernacle/Temple were representations of Eden, where was Eve's representative, since there were no female priests (priestesses)?

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Women in the old times became mothers quite quickly...I must say here now when we speak of kings and queens. The typical king and sometimes queen if she is queen by birth is strongwilled and has usually intellect above average in more than one direction and is sometimes rather energetic, and often not afraid to say things out loud that others would not dare to. This could end up in trouble in todays world but if You have rulers, kings and emperors in Your bloodline You might end up with happy, energetic, strong, strongwilled kids with great plans and fantasies with a mind of their own. This gives the psychologist a dilemma, they want to put them in a chategorized box of adhd or some other letterdisease but since they have both energy like a hunter and can concentrate like a scholar or rabbi it is rather hard nut to crack. Besides they can be charming like an performer, perhaps they also sing like an angel, so the best solution to the blueblooded kids is to let them train hard and fun mind You until they sweat then they are much easier to cooperate with, teach the singer to dance so She can concentrate on the piano better later on, then She can be a queen at that. I think we should take small steps to reach the bigger ones. In the kingdom of God, there is a special plan for all of us, we are all important for Him and all we do should be to honour Him. Internet, for exampel do we spread gospel by it, do we find the lost and bring them to Christ or do we spread the devils work or get snared by the devils work. Do we only share vanity on our facebooks or do we share more important things, we should maybe look over our own act. Sure homemade beautytips are probably fun but it would be better if we invited some friends over and did the beautyhacks and afterwards we prayed for everybody and their troubles. It was simply an idea, I have no idea if it is worth trying but I know many women with problem of all sorts and an antistressmask of roses would maybe be just what they need or a backmassage. There are different ways to reach out to people, it must not only be handing out tracts on the street if that makes You uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course, the entire premise of this thread is absurd. It is as if every metaphor and analogy must be taken literally and worked out to its complete limit. I will provide a parallel problem to ponder.

If God can do anything, can He make an object so immense that He cannot move it?

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course, the entire premise of this thread is absurd. It is as if every metaphor and analogy must be taken literally and worked out to its complete limit. I will provide a parallel problem to ponder.

If God can do anything, can He make an object so immense that He cannot move it?

It is like the scotsman that stood beside a painting and said Christ is in my art... I foreign as I was started to literally look for Christ in the painting, not thinking He meant heart. Bride of Christ is probably those with Christ in their hearts.

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What's the metaphor?

Yes.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What's the metaphor?

Yes.

A metaphor here is that Jesus Christ is like Adam. All will agree that He was not the reincarnation of Adam (a literal reading) but is metaphorically compared and contrasted with Adam.

1. He is like Adam as being the progenitor of a human race. In Adam's case it was a physical race. In the case of Jesus Christ, it is a spiritual race. There are some cults, such as the Unification Church (founded by Sun Myung Moon) which maintain that because Jesus is the new Adam, both are the progenitors of a physical human race.

2. He is unlike Adam altogether in regard to sin. Although Adam was created innocent of sin, he fell to sin in Eden and all of his progeny have inherited that nature, whereas Jesus was impeccable (incapable of sin) and did not sin so that his spiritual children have His nature. Some take this too far and insist that all Christians are incapable of sin while in this human body inherited from Adam.

3. He is unlike Adam in not having a wife. God created Eve for Adam, but Jesus never married and any who insist that He had to have been married to a wife (Mary Magdalene is frequently put forth as the New Eve by these people) are in serious error.

4. It is equally erroneous to insist that Jesus Christ must be married "spiritually". That definitely would leave His physical mother, Mary, out because it would constitute incest.

5. What, then, shall we think about the Bride of Christ, the Church? Is there some sort of physical marriage in heaven? Only if one becomes literal. God spoke of His wife, Israel, whom He divorced. When and how did God marry Israel, especially considering that Israel was a literal man? Is God a homosexual? Is Jesus Christ, as well as God, a polygamist in being married to a huge body of people, male and female?

This is just the tip of the iceberg of errors and heresies that have been taught and believed over the centuries of Christian history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beloved2018

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A metaphor here is that Jesus Christ is like Adam. All will agree that He was not the reincarnation of Adam (a literal reading) but is metaphorically compared and contrasted with Adam.

Okay. I disagree then. Christ is literally the new Adam or the 'new Man'. See below.

1. He is like Adam as being the progenitor of a human race. In Adam's case it was a physical race. In the case of Jesus Christ, it is a spiritual race. There are some cults, such as the Unification Church (founded by Sun Myung Moon) which maintain that because Jesus is the new Adam, both are the progenitors of a physical human race.

But that 'spiritual race' is a real race. Being born again is a real (not a metaphorical) thing.

2. He is unlike Adam altogether in regard to sin. Although Adam was created innocent of sin, he fell to sin in Eden and all of his progeny have inherited that nature, whereas Jesus was impeccable (incapable of sin) and did not sin so that his spiritual children have His nature. Some take this too far and insist that all Christians are incapable of sin while in this human body inherited from Adam.

I think you will agree though that being Adam or being human, has nothing to do with sin. So I'm a bit confused here.

3. He is unlike Adam in not having a wife. God created Eve for Adam, but Jesus never married and any who insist that He had to have been married to a wife (Mary Magdalene is frequently put forth as the New Eve by these people) are in serious error.

See below.
4. It is equally erroneous to insist that Jesus Christ must be married "spiritually". That definitely would leave His physical mother, Mary, out because it would constitute incest.
See below.

5. What, then, shall we think about the Bride of Christ, the Church? Is there some sort of physical marriage in heaven? Only if one becomes literal. God spoke of His wife, Israel, whom He divorced. When and how did God marry Israel, especially considering that Israel was a literal man? Is God a homosexual? Is Jesus Christ, as well as God, a polygamist in being married to a huge body of people, male and female?

Switch things around. Remember how the earthly tabernacle/temple was a shadow of the heavenly one. The reality is not here. The reality is not our marriages, or dare I say it, even our sexuality. We are the metaphors, the types, the shadows, the reflections of the realness that awaits us. As Christians, we already have a foretaste of that. Hence Christians down through the centuries have know Mary as both bride and mother but without any inclination of incest. Does it make sense in our world? Not completely, because we don't have the complete picture. Again, we don't have the complete picture when an individual soul falls in love with her Lord, knowing that there are billions like her. We know it's not polygamy. It's something totally Other. Something out of this world. We need metaphors to describe it... but those metaphors fail at a certain point (a defense of marriage gives way to polygamy).

P.S. This is not to say that we have a right to alter these 'shadows'. In fact we can't alter them. We can only lie about them as Mr. Moon has done.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of errors and heresies that have been taught and believed over the centuries of Christian history.

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Cor. 13:12

Upvote 0