Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am guilty of questioning The Bible recently, and I deserve to be hanged for such heresy.
I have disrespected God and tried to bring my wisdom up against Jesus Who Has No Fault.

do not do this, it is a fools peril who deserves the judgement.

Bah what now? Are you trolling?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am guilty of questioning The Bible recently, and I deserve to be hanged for such heresy.
I have disrespected God and tried to bring my wisdom up against Jesus Who Has No Fault.

Hey dont be so hard on yourself, the Bible can withstand any questions that anyone has.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

You probably should relax a bit. It's okay to struggle with Scripture, if we didn't we wouldn't be taking it seriously like we should.

Scripture should challenge us, it should make us uncomfortable, it should make us ask questions.

When Jacob wrestled with an angel in Genesis, God gave him a new name, Israel, which translates to "wrestles" or "struggles with God". As such in Judaism there has always been understanding that God's people are a people who are actively in a relationship with God through covenant; and that means struggling with God, struggling with how to understand God. The Scriptures are themselves a witness to that struggle, a witness to Israel's ongoing wrestling with her understanding of God.

It isn't until Jesus that we finally get a "face-to-face" with God.

Let the Scriptures challenge you, and don't despair when you struggle with something. What matters is holding firm to your faith and hope in Christ. When the Scriptures are properly dispensed to us, they affirm, shape, and guard our faith, that we might boldly confess Jesus Christ and His Gospel. Which is also why it is important to have solid ministers who are able to rightly divide the word of truth, that we properly understand that which is Law is Law (and what the Law is for, what it does, and what it doesn't/can't do), and that the Gospel is Gospel, in all its bright, shining sweetness.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0