Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
# Story Highlights
# 47-year-old British charity worker wows Simon Cowell with singing
# Clip of Susan Boyle singing has become a YouTube sensation
# Boyle, from West Lothian, Scotland, said she wanted to be a professional singer

Never-kissed woman wows Cowell, becomes YouTube sensation - CNN.com

here's the youtube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

I NEVER watch American Idol,but I saw this on MSNBC this morning and searched for the story. WOW! I was blown away by her amazing voice, Almost cried my eyes out the way she changed all those laughing people's opinion,and it was better for me than seeing Simon Cowell get a pie in the face,LOL! You can bet that I have saved this clip in my music favorites folder!

Prayers that her dreams come true and her life is blessed as her voice will surely bless listeners! :prayer::clap:

I'm not sure why the video here says embedding disabled by request because the CNN clip still works and the clip is still working at youtube? Just do a search Susan Boyle youtube. You have to see the whole clip to see how the judges and audience were smirking at her before she starts singing!

Last edited:

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:clap: This you-tube is flying around the internet, I am so happy for her. This is what the talent shows are all about finding the
ugly duckling as they put it
and exposing the Beautiful swan.
Her life is now forever changed. A voice straight from heaven.

Reactions: Gazelle
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
:clap: That was absoutely amazing! Beautiful performance.:)

I know, I can't watch it without choking up,because of the attitude of the judges and the audience smirking, before she sings!

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Another fun fact is that if you look up the most viewed on youtube, a clip of her currently has first place for the week. It also has 5th place, 10th place, 12th place, and 14th place.

If you add all the views of those clips together, you get 15,154,287 total views at the time of those post.
[Source]

Her total views is more than 14 times the second highest for the week, and more than 2 times the second highest for the month... and she has yet to lose momentum.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟380,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'm cynical about shows like that, though I do love those moments of constructed emotional moments.

They had another one of those a couple years ago. It was a fella who walked on stage lookin' mighty mighty dorky but just blew EVERYONE away.
YouTube - Paul Potts Britain's Got Talent
It was a beautiful moment. Simon's reaction was great. But I preferred the immediately following shot of the woman. You can ACTUALLY see the moment the singer catches her breath...TWICE! Unfortunately her comments at the end seem a bit....cliche.
THAT is cool!

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm cynical about shows like that, though I do love those moments of constructed emotional moments.

They had another one of those a couple years ago. It was a fella who walked on stage lookin' mighty mighty dorky but just blew EVERYONE away.
YouTube - Paul Potts Britain's Got Talent
It was a beautiful moment. Simon's reaction was great. But I preferred the immediately following shot of the woman. You can ACTUALLY see the moment the singer catches her breath...TWICE! Unfortunately her comments at the end seem a bit....cliche.
THAT is cool!

I so agree with you about the female judge(don't know her name) and though her comments after were cliche, I did notice her voice catch when she admits what a wake-up call they got.

Thank you for the Paul Potts clip,and yes he also has a beautiful voice,what surprised me even more was to see that Piers Morgan was also on the panel judging him,so both he and Simon Cowell should know better than to judge someone by their appearance!

Susan is on Wikipedia already,and here is some great news~Simon Cowell is reported to be setting up a contract with Boyle with his SyCo Music company label, a subsidiary of Sony Music.

As of April 16, 2009, the video had been viewed more than 12 million times and received over 63,000 comments.

Susan Boyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So fans like me may be able to get a CD soon! :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tsadde

Aug 9, 2007
Mt. Lac le Fort St. Prince McJohn River
✟8,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is this woman's performance such a surprise?

I am happy for her victory and admire her courage, but it pains me deeply that the video is being passed around simply because so many people are surprised that a less than fashionably beautiful woman can sing beautifully. Although some see it as encouragement that they themselves still have a chance for recognition, the popularity of this video says a lot more about most of the viewers than it does about her.

Unfortunately the Christian music industry has bought into the same brutal criticism about what is marketable and, with few exceptions, promotes only the young and beautiful as worshippers.

We have a lot to answer for.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

I am happy for her victory and admire her courage, but it pains me deeply that the video is being passed around simply because so many people are surprised that a less than fashionably beautiful woman can sing beautifully. Although some see it as encouragement that they themselves still have a chance for recognition, the popularity of this video says a lot more about most of the viewers than it does about her.

Unfortunately the Christian music industry has bought into the same brutal criticism about what is marketable and, with few exceptions, promotes only the young and beautiful as worshippers.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

I do not see the popularity of the video as a bad thing. If we were as shallow as you think, no one would care about the voice.

The surprise to me was that this voice has been hidden all this time. I am pleased that there are shows on TV now that allow people without connections or money to have their voices heard. Its all good.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I'm tempted to agree.
I'm glad people are busting through the "ugly people are there for our amusement" ethos that's prevelant on TV.

It's just disappointing that anyone holds those views to begin.

The reason that I, and I believe so many others love this video, has nothing to do with surprise,but joy how the smirking judges and audience members were shamed by her fantastic ability for their pre-judgement based only on her appearance! :clap:^_^^_^

I also hope Susan stays just the way she is,and refuses to get a make-over just to please such disgusting shallow people!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The reason that I, and I believe so many others love this video, has nothing to do with surprise,but joy how the smirking judges and audience members were shamed by her fantastic ability for their pre-judgement based only on her appearance! :clap:^_^^_^

I also hope Susan stays just the way she is,and refuses to get a make-over just to please such disgusting shallow people!

:amen:

Upvote 0