Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it's been less than a week since I was baptized, confirmed, and given the Eucharist. I know this is a little premature, but I can't restrain myself. I'm not posting this in the mens' section because there's not many Catholics there.

Anyway, I haven't hidden the fact that I have been subject to the more carnal pleasures since somewhere between 9 and 12 years of age. It has been a daily struggle that has been marked with constant failure. The past week has been a complete turn around. When lustful thoughts start to creep into my head (and they often do), I cast them out very quickly. I haven't even come close to misusing the Internet (more or less...). It's truly been a freeing experience thus far, and I know it's because of the sacraments and God's grace. I know this is a bit more blogworthy than anything else, but hopefully it makes someone smile.

P.S. I also take a huge risk in writing this. Drawing attention to doing well has, in the past, made me slip up on the same day about 90%+ of the time. Say a quick Ave or Pater for me, as it's usually best that I just completely forget about lust.

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well now that you know you will have to confess each time you slip up... or you can not have Communion, that hopefully we be enough to keep you clean.

QFT. Weighs heavily on my mind, but perhaps not so heavily as one may expect. Chains are heavy, but the sacraments are from God, and God's yoke is not heavy.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Remember these precious words of Christ's, always: "My grace is sufficient for thee." (II Corinthians XII:ix). These precious words are a great consolation when in time of distress and temptation. :)

Christ will always give us sufficient grace to combat temptation, evil, and sin with His help. :) Do not fret or worry. Ours is a God that has come that we might have "life more abundantly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
QFT. Weighs heavily on my mind, but perhaps not so heavily as one may expect. Chains are heavy, but the sacraments are from God, and God's yoke is not heavy.

If you do slip up, just don't get so discouraged and do go to confession and don't be too ashamed and feel like a failure.

Its so, so not about your success but that your trust in divine mercy and forgiveness to get up again, trusting in that when you fall.

Jesus fell under the weight of His suffering and pain...

There's an analogy, the sinner falls in the mud, he likes it and stays there. The good person falls in the mud, he is too ashamed by it so he lingers for a while before finally having enough of it he gets out but the holy person falls in the mud, he gets up right away and thinks nothing of it and just washes it off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well now that you know you will have to confess each time you slip up... or you can not have Communion, that hopefully we be enough to keep you clean.

That is actually what helped me overcome the same vice as Vendetta. I know I shouldn't think of confession as something to be avoided, but if it helps keep me from slipping up who am I to think different.

Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All your replies have been amiably noted =). Had another short story for the thread. I was feeling ill on Saturday (accidentally had more schnapps Friday night than I had intended...). I went to vigil mass with the girl, and she could tell I was not feeling so hot. Took the body and blood, and immediately it was gone. Really enjoying these little pseudo-miracles. And like I said, my mind has miraculously been very sealed against impure thought. When it comes, I cast it away like I've never been able to. Praise to the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly I have found the Truth.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Blessings, You've got! The Virtue of Chasity and pure thoughts is a good one indeed.

(However, be on guard, as this may be a consolation that God may not always give. It may at times be harder. Our Souls are tried like iron in a furnace; perfected by the shaping of God's grace. Sometimes, we may have grace-giving trials or tribulations set for us in the future by God, on vice we may have temporarily been shielded from for until such a time, that God chooses to "try us like iron" by his grace and use to help perfect our soul in and by grace.)

Pax Domini.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(However, be on guard, as this may be a consolation that God may not always give. It may at times be harder. Our Souls are tried like iron in a furnace; perfected by the shaping of God's grace. Sometimes, we may have grace-giving trials or tribulations set for us in the future by God, on vice we may have temporarily been shielded from for until such a time, that God chooses to "try us like iron" by his grace and use to help perfect our soul in and by grace.)

Pax Domini.

Indeed, indeed. I consider it to be akin to a parent sheltering their baby because the baby is so weak. If anything, I think it speaks to my absolutely weak will that God would grant me such abundant grace. I will know, when such grace is not given, that God is preparing me to mature spiritually. Nonetheless, I thank you for your reminder, brother.

Dominus Vobiscum.

Upvote 0