✟16,772.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi there!
There's a fair bit out there about neurotypical/ASD marriage - most of which seems to say "don't do it". I was wondering whether there were any Christians here in neurotypical/non-NT marriages? eg being married to someone on the autistic spectrum or with Aspergers, or ADHD. How have you managed to make this work?

Last edited:

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not in such a marriage, although I've had the chance to share part of the journey of others in that position.

For the submission part of the discussion in general, I suggest you start a thread in the Women's forum, which is where that topic is supposed to be discussed. But I would say that submission doesn't mean you can't do what you're good at, or that you (as a couple) can't decide that a wife is responsible for certain things.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Marriage involves two people adjusting to living together, marroiage prepartion courses help discus many issues and help set up a framework on which a couple can build.

Any couple thinking of marriage need to think about their finances, where they are going to live, how to pay the bills, get to work, what church to attend etc etc
As it is a partnership, the best person suited to a job can do it so long as they have talked it through.

This applies to all marriages.

Upvote 0

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,729.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not in such a marriage, although I've had the chance to share part of the journey of others in that position.

For the submission part of the discussion in general, I suggest you start a thread in the Women's forum, which is where that topic is supposed to be discussed. But I would say that submission doesn't mean you can't do what you're good at, or that you (as a couple) can't decide that a wife is responsible for certain things.
My mom is nt. My dad is very aspergers. They have been married over 50years. I am somewhat aspergers and have anxiety and some OCD traits... and my husband is nt. We have been married 7 years, and have a great marriage. We are totally honest with each other about how we feel, and are scrupulously kind to each other, esp when we don't understand each other. It can work just fine!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My mom is nt. My dad is very aspergers. They have been married over 50years. I am somewhat aspergers and have anxiety and some OCD traits... and my husband is nt. We have been married 7 years, and have a great marriage. We are totally honest with each other about how we feel, and are scrupulously kind to each other, esp when we don't understand each other. It can work just fine!
That is a wonderful testimony!

Upvote 0