Needles!

What do you think of needles?

• I like them!

• They're okay, I guess

• I don't really like them that much

• NOOOOO!! ANYTHING BUT NEEDLES!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
As an ex drug user I had alot of people want me to shoot up with them but I couldn't do it(thank God) I hate needles, I cringe when the nurse has to poke me and giving blood...I use only because I have a rare blood type (AB-) and it was the right thing to do...till I found out I was a diabetic(kind of a blessing in disguise)

Upvote 0

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
i don't mind them, i've had rather a lot. Sometimes I can watch, but most times i just turn away - it doesn't seem to hurt so much. Also, i have to admit here though, that i don't like having needles in my gums/pallette, like when i have to have some work done on my teeth, that, I HATE. Brings tears to my eyes just to think about it - i don't have to remember too far back because i was having treatment at the dentist last friday and my mouth still hurts really badly.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I once went into the hospital for some minor outpatient surgery. I was to be put under for the proceedure. When the nurse was putting the IV into the back of my hand (not the most comfortable place, mind you) she kept telling me how big the needle was.

The way I figure it she was either rather dumb or very sadistic. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,776,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get poked once a month whether I like it or not. I have to have my blood checkd that often as I take medicine that could possibly cause bad liver damage, and a blood test is the best way to detect it. I guess I'd rather deal with a needle once a month than cirrhosis. But I still don't like them needles:(

Upvote 0

PuppyforChrist

Loyal and obedient to its Master
Jun 25, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟18,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I used to hate needles oh so much. I used to have one every month when I was younger. For immunes and stuff like that, and I always cried. But now, I don't even flinch. I guess it's because I'm used to it.

(Psst, welcome to CF OpenBook) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stumpsitting101

Dec 30, 2002
Ala.
Visit site
✟775.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi All: I must say I'm not over-joyed with the thought of being stuck with a needle, but have become somewhat use to it. I, like Lucy, had to give a blood sample every other week for liver and CPK check. This went on for over one year. now I have to give every other month, Praise the Lord. It is a must but not one I look foward to.
Blessings
Ken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I'm fine with them but hubby gets weak. The other day he had to give blood for a CBC and the guy couldn't find the vein and was actually under it rolling it around and it made hubby queasy. He had to leave when they were putting my epidural in too because they had to stick me three times. He is such a manly man that it cracks me up to think of him getting sick over needles. I know, I am so mean.

Upvote 0