New Mexico, USA
✟7,754.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
well i dont know if this belongs here but we'll see.
my main goal in life is to dig deeper into what is Christianity because it would be nice to know in deepth about your religion to answer questions by non-religious friends. and tis is what i came up with.............oh P.S. please feel free to argue it would only do more to inprove my faith!

1. Christianity is a religion based on the ability to believe that there is a God and the ability to trust in what you cannot see physically.

2. We as Christians are not here to convert people to Christ we are here to plant the seed then let God do the rest OR through Gods will we go forward to telling people over and over while still providing truth.

3. God created the world we brought suffering in pain upon ourselves.

4. God gave us the freedom to choose our paths (even if he already knows them) so we dont have to be a Christian but God would be happier if we were.

5. Maybe Gods '7 days' were the time between the big bang and the first real human(just something to chew on...).

6. Can we as Christians really describe our religion which we have experianced to someone who thinks your bluffing? or is it Gods job to work in them?

7.Can we prove Gods exsistance? Can we prove that Gods inexsistance? We cannot prove it because God works with your heart, soul, and mind. Just because we cannot physical see him does not mean that he does not exsist.

8.In the Bible it says "...who ever believes in him..." not who ever has seen him.(running out of thought)

AND

9. Why should we believe in your religion? give us one good reason why your religion is the best and we attack it not only in spirt but in faith and trust in a loving all powerful God.

oh one more...

10. When you start doubting your faith look to the fact that Jesus suffered his fathers Warth (which by the way was since he first got mad at us so gy that time the rage God had bottled up must have been pretty intense) and DIED FOR US so that we wouldnt have to suffer all that rage.

Well there are my thoughts so now feel free to agree or disagree to your hearts content, God Bless!

JohannAT

Christ our Life!
Apr 5, 2007
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello dear young sister TwilightSol,

You stated "my main goal in life is to dig deeper into what is Christianity". What a really marvelous main goal to have! May God bless you richly as you pursue your main goal, dear sister.

It is getting really late, so I can only address a few of your points. I trust in the Lord that He will send others to also help you with your points and that He will give me some more time to come back to your points.

1. Christianity is a religion based on the ability to believe that there is a God and the ability to trust in what you cannot see physically.

Amen, dear sister! I believe that this ability to believe comes from God and is called faith. One thing to add - other religions also believe that there is a God and they also trust in what they cannot see physically. Islam is a very good example of this - they also believe there is one unique God and they trust their God to do things for them and work things out for them. The difference in Christianity is that there is more to what we believe: we believe that there is a God, but we also believe that our God came to earth in the form of the humble man Jesus, and carried out our salvation as the God-man Jesus. Jesus, our Lord and Savior, is both God and man. How wondeful He is!

We as Christians are not here to convert people to Christ we are here to plant the seed then let God do the rest OR through Gods will we go forward to telling people over and over while still providing truth.

Yes, we have our part to play in converting people to Christ, and God has His part to play. By our speaking words of truth, and even more, by living a life that matches the truth, we plant seeds of truth into others. Jesus spoke clearly in His parables that the ground where this seed grows is the human heart. Only God can get inside a person and soften and heal their heart. So, we are commanded to go, to speak and preach "the Good News", the Gospel, to others, and to pray for the ones we speak to; but, ultimately it has to be God drawing the heart of that one to Himself, and only God is capable of doing this.
We might be sent to speak over and over to the same ones; but ultimately, the condition of their heart determines if the seed will flourish and grow, or will die. This is like the Apostle Paul's word in 1 Corinthians 3:6, "I planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth." All the glory is to our Wonderful God! Only He can cause the seed to grow!

Upvote 0

JohannAT

Christ our Life!
Apr 5, 2007
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you so much on the little advice youve given me i hope to hear more from you and others. !

Amen, dear sister in Christ. I look to the Lord to provide me with some more time to respond tomorrow. I also hope that you will hear from some of the other dear sisters that post here in Deeper Fellowship - there are so many dear sisters here that really, really, love the Lord Jesus!

Upvote 0

JohannAT

Christ our Life!
Apr 5, 2007
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello again, young sister TwilightSol,

Praise Him for the seeking heart He has placed within you! May He continue to supply you with the answers to all your questions.

3. God created the world we brought suffering in pain upon ourselves.

Yes, this is so true. The Bible is clear that God created an utterly beautiful world for human beings to inhabit. The sad story of Adam and Eve's disobedience is clearly told as well, and we know that their choice to go against God's clear speaking to them is what brought sin and death, and everything else negative, into the world.
This all happened 6000 years ago. For us today, in our daily living, whether it is at school, on vacation, or working at a job, we are constantly faced with the same basic choice that confronted Adam and Eve. Just like they had a choice between the two trees in front of them (one approved by God and one condemned by God), so we, as Christians, have to choose between the spirit and the flesh. When we choose to listen to the "still small voice" of the Spirit, we have, according to the Bible, "life and peace". When we choose to listen to the flesh, then we bring pain and suffering upon ourselves.
For example, when we have to interact with a person we do not like, the Spirit would desire us to love that person, while the flesh would try to get us to think (and say!) hateful things. Loving that person will set us free and make us feel so peaceful and happy, but hating them will harm us spiritually, psychologically, and eventually, even physically.

Of course, for those who love the Lord Jesus there are sufferings that He will bring to us for the sake of His Body on this earth. These we accept from Him with joy, knowing that He will never load us down with more than we can handle. This kind of suffering is not the result of our choosing the flesh instead of the spirit, but is actually a very special gift from Him.

4. God gave us the freedom to choose our paths (even if he already knows them) so we dont have to be a Christian but God would be happier if we were.

This question is very much related to Question 3! Yes, we have been created with free will, and we are constantly choosing our paths. However, God has feelings and He really, really, cares for all the human beings He created in His own image. His loving heart is so grieved when He sees people make choices that ultimately lead to their own destruction. The choice between the spirit and the flesh is a choice that faces us daily as Christians, but an even more fundamental question we have to face is this: what do we belive about Jesus Christ? To belive that He is the Son of Man (He is a real man) and the Son of God (He is God), and that He died to save us from our sins and rose again from the grave, is to choose to believe in Jesus as He is truly revealed in God's Word. This makes God happy and the Bible says that all of heaven rejoices every time a sinner turns away from their sins and turns to Jesus in this way of faith. According to the parable of the Prodigal Son in the Gospel of Luke, when we come back to God based upon Jesus Christ, His Son, God runs to us, embraces us, and kisses us! He then throws a big party for us! We don't have to be a Christian, but look at how happy God is when we do become a Christian! Wow, He really, really, gets happy whenever that happens! :clap:

Upvote 0

JohannAT

Christ our Life!
Apr 5, 2007
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello again, sister TwilightSol,

Did you get the help that you needed? Are you still digging deeper into what is Christianity? (I think that is such an awesome goal for a young person to have! :thumbsup: )

If it helps, I have a few more quick comments for you, based on your 10 original points:

5. Maybe Gods '7 days' were the time between the big bang and the first real human(just something to chew on...).

Genesis chapter One has to be one of the most awe-inspiring, but most mysterious, chapters in the whole Bible. I have heard multiple theories about the '7 days':
1) They are a literal 7 days and the earth is 6000 years old.
2) Each of the 7 days actually represents a much longer period of time, just like the expression in Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8: "With the Lord one day is as a thousand years".
3) There is a "gap" of unknown duration between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, before the '7 days' occurred.
Now I can add your theory to this list - maybe God's '7 days' were the time between the big bang and the first human. Certainly what astronomers call the "big bang" had to be the Almighty God speaking the universe into existence! Other then that, I am not sure exactly how to interpret the '7 days'.

6. Can we as Christians really describe our religion which we have experianced to someone who thinks your bluffing? or is it Gods job to work in them?

My experience is that while we always need to be ready "in season and out of season" to share our faith with anyone to whom the Lord sends us, the best witness we can give to the reality of Jesus Christ is a changed life. When others see us no longer living a selfish and self-centered life; but, rather, living a life of loving others, then there is not much that needs to be spoken. As the Lord Jesus said, "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35).

For our part, may we show forth in our actions that God and Christ are real and that God is love. Along with our actions, may we speak the truth in love. At that point, a seed has been planted and the Spirit of God has to do a work deep within the heart of the one we are witnessing to, in order that the seed just sown will not be snatched away by the evil one.

7.Can we prove Gods exsistance? Can we prove that Gods inexsistance? We cannot prove it because God works with your heart, soul, and mind. Just because we cannot physical see him does not mean that he does not exsist.

You said something so wonderful here: "Just because we cannot physical see him does not mean that he does not exsist." Amen, sister! :amen:

I do not think we can conclusively "prove" God's existence in any kind of logical or scientific way. Some excellent attempts have been made in this area; but, ultimately, God has so ordained that we will know Him not by sight, but by faith. We draw near to Him in faith, and faith is "the substantiating of things unseen" (Hebrews 11:1b).

And yet, God surely "desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth". How can all men come to be saved? The two "proofs" that He has ordained that will subdue and convince all men are the love Christians should have for one another (see Point 6, above) and the oneness Christians should have with one another. Concerning our oneness, our dear Lord Jesus prayed in John 17:21 "That they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You did send Me." (The same thought is also found two verses later, in John 17:23.)

Sad to say, we Christians have to fall on our faces and repent to the Lord, confessing with tears that Church History is full of rivalries, animosities, fighting and divisions amongst us Christians. There is definitely a lack amongst Christians concerning our love for one another and our oneness with each other. Due to this lack, the world is not subdued and they do not believe what God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit have spoken. May God have mercy on us all.

Upvote 0

TwilightSol

Feb 14, 2007
New Mexico, USA
✟7,754.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i may have finally reached a point where my brain says learn more! so tonight i will go and read some deep books on the evolution of christianity (whatever that means) and as i do so i will keep u in my mind and heart dearest sister. please continue to shed some light on my weary faith. God bless.

Upvote 0

JohannAT

Christ our Life!
Apr 5, 2007
✟15,467.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello once again, sister TwilightSol,

Wow! The fact that you are reading some deep books on the evolution of Christianity says to me that you are definitely digging into the depths of our Christian faith! That is really amazing!

Here are some comments that I hope and pray will be useful related to the last of the 10 points in your opening post:

8.In the Bible it says "...who ever believes in him..." not who ever has seen him.(running out of thought)

I can not think of much to add to what you said here expcet "AMEN!". :amen: Thomas, one of the twelve disciples, would not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead unless he could see and touch the wounds in Jesus' hands and side. When Jesus appeared to Thomas and the others, His words to Thomas convey the same thought as what you said: "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John 20:29)

9. Why should we believe in your religion? give us one good reason why your religion is the best and we attack it not only in spirt but in faith and trust in a loving all powerful God.

If I understand your point 9 corectly, what I said in repsonse to your very first point aplies here as well: "Other religions also believe that there is a God and they also trust in what they cannot see physically. Islam is a very good example of this - they also believe there is one unique God and they trust their God to do things for them and work things out for them. The difference in Christianity is that there is more to what we believe: we believe that there is a God, but we also believe that our God came to earth in the form of the humble man Jesus, and carried out our salvation as the God-man Jesus. Jesus, our Lord and Savior, is both God and man. How wonderful He is!" Jesus said clearly that He, in His person and in His work of salvation, is the One unique way to our heavenly Father. This is a point where Christianity clearly differs from other religions. Each person had to decide for themselves what they are going to do with Jesus' claim to be "The way, the truth, and the life".

10. When you start doubting your faith look to the fact that Jesus suffered his fathers Warth (which by the way was since he first got mad at us so gy that time the rage God had bottled up must have been pretty intense) and DIED FOR US so that we wouldnt have to suffer all that rage.

Wow! You stated this so well, again I can say little else but a strong "AMEN!". :amen:

It really is awe-inspiring - God is absolutely Holy and Righteous and can not tolerate sin in any form. However, God Himself came to earth in the man Jesus Christ and this wonderful God-Man became the Lamb of God. He bore God's full wrath against all the sins of the whole world. Yes, I do believe that the when our precious Lord Jesus took upon Himself the sins of the whole world, the suffering of God's righteous judgement upon Him was very, very, intense. How marvelous He is! Because of His sacrifice, we do not have to suffer God's rage - our Lord and Saviour already bore it for us. Praise Him!

May our dear Lord richly bless you as you continue to search into the depths of Christianity.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.