Need Suggestion for a good resource for Discipleship and Servanthood

divalishous

Nov 29, 2006
✟7,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I am looking for input. I facilitate a Christian Book Club at my church and am looking for a new book. Specifically I want something that focuses on Christian Action. Something that will give us examples of what we can DO to be the hands and feet of Jesus. A Christian Dare if you will. We have spent a lot of time on love and growing closer to God. Now that we are very loving and close to God it is beyond time for us to be more active. Any and ALL suggestions will be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I am looking for input. I facilitate a Christian Book Club at my church and am looking for a new book. Specifically I want something that focuses on Christian Action. Something that will give us examples of what we can DO to be the hands and feet of Jesus. A Christian Dare if you will. We have spent a lot of time on love and growing closer to God. Now that we are very loving and close to God it is beyond time for us to be more active. Any and ALL suggestions will be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

The Bible.

Be attitudes.

Love attitudes.

Whom Jesus taught was the greatest.

Micah 6:8

The example of Christ's humility (Philippians 2:5-11).

Hymnals "can" be a good source...

Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord... for example.

Upvote 0

divalishous

Nov 29, 2006
✟7,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the references. I should have said that I would also like some books in addition to those in the Bible. Obviously the best discipleship book on the planet (in my opinion) is Matthew, but I would also be interested in other resources and creative ideas. thank you for your responses

Upvote 0

Tee_w

Oct 29, 2008
England UK
✟7,912.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

I believe the book, Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness should be on everyone's read list.
Ficm International have some great books on helping people mature in the faith and overcome things that hold them back.

Hope that helps.
Blessings,
Tee.

PS I had some links for you, but I wasn't allowed to post them, shame. Still you can google the info...

Upvote 0