For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I need assistance. My music tastes change often. Right now I'm looking for some good instrumental stuff that resembles classical, but with a bit more... energy. It can be orchestral or more modern instruments (but no synthesizers, bleh). I just feel like instrumental music can express so much more emotion than music with lyrics.

In fact, I remember my parents used to listen to Yanni now and then. Something in that vein, perhaps.

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just feel like instrumental music can express so much more emotion than music with lyrics.

Thats a great line. I love that. I would try YouTube, so much good stuff there, I don't know if you like beach sounds of the ocean but its some pretty relaxing stuff. I given a gift by my uncle into the world of true nature music. I love it now.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A very broad request, my friend. Lots of things fit that description.

A few things which immediately came to mind which may or may not appeal (not so much the jazz aspect you mentioned):
Steve Reich - The Desert Music - Movement 1 - Fast - YouTube
Steve Reich, a contemporary composer

Explosions In The Sky- Your Hand In Mine - YouTube
Explosions In The Sky, post-rock

If you like either (or both) of those, I can dig up oodles of similar stuff. Actually, if you like the latter, just do a search for "post-rock" and you'll be golden.

Upvote 0