Singapore
Visit site
✟7,953.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Herman Chauw's Blog: QnA

Q: Could you give me some XXX (insert weight loss, exercise etc.) tips?
A: Eat less and exercise more. Any thing more detailed you have to tell me what specific information you want to know. I am not going to give you any more general tips because there are already a lot of free information out there. I know that you know what you need to do. If you are asking just for the sake of asking i am not going to entertain you. However if you are really interested and WILL take action, including spending money on what is necessary, i would be very glad to help you out.

Upvote 0

TheProject

If it lives in water, I don't eat it...
Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want to loose weight then do regular exercise.........

To follow up on this, I would suggest a concentration on Cardio workouts, which will help burn fat and create lean muscle. If you are going to do any resistance exercises and want to go lean, go with lighter weight but more reps. The opposite is true if you want to build up muscle.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
M

MattRose

Exercise is hard. Most overweight people stop after they get bored which takes 1-2 months. Atkins diet is easy as h-e-double-hockey-sticks if you are already into meat. I had to lose weight for my job and since 1 Dec. I have lost 35 pounds (15 to go). The best bit is that I eat as much as I want and I'm never hungry. I'm lucky because I work month-on month-off at sea and they always have 3 entrees each meal. It's tougher at home and some people don't understand the mechanics of Atkins and waste their time by sneaking some carbs. I may have trouble maintaining and I will have to exercise eventually, but tomorrow is another day.

Upvote 0

rossignol

Feb 18, 2012
✟7,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exercise is important for health and I see it as part of weight loss but more in maintaining weight. If you want to loose weight then your diet is most important.

3,500 calories equal a pound. Burning that amount of calories at the gym takes a long time while you can exclude those calories from your daily food intake easily. It's important not to starve yourself or you body will not trust you for nourishment and will store any calories you take in. Calculate your BMR, which is the amount of calories you burn if you are in bed, doing nothing all day. It should be around 1,500 to 1,700. You may burn 500 to 1,000 in daily activities including the gym. If you eat food that equals your BMR you will loose weight.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

GroovyChad2

Feb 19, 2012
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to say that P90X has worked WONDERS for me and my wife.. We are now on our 7th week and having a blast... have lost 25-30 lbs (depends on time of day), my clothes fit SO MUCH BETTER and i feel AWESOME... The program works, i promise... you work out 6-7 days a week, roughly an hour at a time, at home (our kids join us from time to time) and you get to eat some awesome food... theres no starving between meals or eating 1000 calories a day while you try to burn 2000... none of that... THIS WORKS!!!! get with me and ill take care of you... find me on facebook (chad m. knapp, nitro, wv), or windows live messenger as CoachChadPTL.... I will take care of your... LETS DO THIS!!!!

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,867.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Decades ago I saw one of the advertising icons of the time make a very good point.

Don't look for 'The best' excercise, look for somethign you like doing.

He was spot on. find somethgni yuo like and yuo wil stil be doing it 6 months from now, a year from now and on. Find something to make yuo fitter and the odds are in 2 months you will no tbe doing it.

Upvote 0

GroovyChad2

Feb 19, 2012
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OUTSTANDING REPLY KEITH!!!! I should have chosen my words better... You do need to find something you love to do... And thankfully I have.. I had tried the "diets" before and lost the weight for a week or two then it was back and i wasnt happy at all while i attempted to lose the weight i didnt want any more... P90X has made my journey so much more enjoyable... THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lem29

Apr 27, 2011
✟7,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Keith is right of course. Even the most efficient program in the world can't work if you aren't motivated to actually DO it. So start with things that are fun for you. Like the outdoors? Then get walking! Prefer video games? Get a wii and at least get off the couch.

Looks like you just need some help with the basics at this point. One of my favorite websites covers all of the diet and exercise basics from a Christian perspective. It is easy reading, but really could be just what you are looking for. This is a link to an overview article about Christian health, but be sure to follow the links to the more detailed articles. Best of luck!

Lem

Upvote 0

NoelAsa

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
At Computer
✟23,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am wanting to lose weight and get muscle tone. I am looking for someone who can help guide me in the process. I presently weigh 190lbs and want to get to a leaner, toned 160lbs.

Private Message me if you can help.

Try this website Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

It is free and what it provides is guidance. They have nutrition and fitness trackers to record what you eat and the excercise you do. They have all kinds of articles on food and exercise. They have message boards for information and encouragement. Just a lot of different things that you can utilize in your effort to lose weight. Good luck!

Upvote 0
M

meshak2

I am wanting to lose weight and get muscle tone. I am looking for someone who can help guide me in the process. I presently weigh 190lbs and want to get to a leaner, toned 160lbs.

You need to eat less and start jogging if you are young. If you are over 50, you should get elliptical and work out about an hour a day. You need to sweat when you work out.

If you can stick to it you can lose.

blessings.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keith is right of course. Even the most efficient program in the world can't work if you aren't motivated to actually DO it. So start with things that are fun for you. Like the outdoors? Then get walking! Prefer video games? Get a wii and at least get off the couch.

Looks like you just need some help with the basics at this point. One of my favorite websites covers all of the diet and exercise basics from a Christian perspective. It is easy reading, but really could be just what you are looking for. This is a link to an overview article about Christian health, but be sure to follow the links to the more detailed articles. Best of luck!

Lem

From the site, great advice~prayer, exercise, eat less, eat better...as posted above eating is a huge key and I've found success with replacing carbs with protein, even "healthy" carbs add up...not a complete Atkins at all maybe closer to "paleo".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

meshak2

By eating less carbs/sugar and doing just a little more exercize,you should see a difference.I know tis from experience.When I look in the mirror after a shower it reminds me of a movie.Gorillas in the mist !!

Yes, eating less and sticking to it rest of your life if the key.

It seems that is the thing most of us cannot do it.

Upvote 0

Kmariah

Jul 6, 2013
Fort Riley
Visit site
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you are interested, I will be hosting a Challenge Group in the next few weeks that will be your support system, accountability and motivational coach! I lost 52 pounds with my challenge groups and just want to help people be happy in their own skin, just as someone did for me and changed my life. Message or email me if you need help reaching your goals!

Upvote 0