Warner Robins
✟15,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok I'm a DJ that loves what I do, the purpose for me to DJ is to influence people and show people how powerful the love of Jesus Christ is. My friends also started DJing after I did.. and it gets on my nerves when they ask me for my music, I work hard to find the music that I find... I know music is here for everyone but I work hard for this music and I want it to be my career to DJ. Ive done gave my specific friend tons of music very good music, but what gets to me is that he bought him turntables and he wants to DJ also? Is it wrong for me to feel some type of way about my music? Cause he rarely gives me music and like I said I work hard to find the music I find and for him to turn around and use the music I found and DJ it, I really don't like that and think it's fair....

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ok I'm a DJ that loves what I do, the purpose for me to DJ is to influence people and show people how powerful the love of Jesus Christ is. My friends also started DJing after I did.. and it gets on my nerves when they ask me for my music, I work hard to find the music that I find... I know music is here for everyone but I work hard for this music and I want it to be my career to DJ. Ive done gave my specific friend tons of music very good music, but what gets to me is that he bought him turntables and he wants to DJ also? Is it wrong for me to feel some type of way about my music? Cause he rarely gives me music and like I said I work hard to find the music I find and for him to turn around and use the music I found and DJ it, I really don't like that and think it's fair....

Treat him exactly that way you would wish to be treated.
Pay no attention to how he treats you. You be the person
that you would wish others would be to you.

What a great first post moral dilemma, by the way.
Welcome to the forum, new person!

• Agree
Reactions: Theadorus
Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Doing unto others is as you would have them do unto you AND to not do unto others what you would not have them do. Would you wish your friends to give all they have away, and be left without anything? Do you wish to abuse them in this manner?

However, if you freely give all that you have away because you like to give it is well.

If you give to others in a business relationship, you will need to define that relationship to include suitable marks of appreciation and recompense, and expect a responsible reaction of friendship, which is much different than giving away all that you have just in order to give it.

One must also be wary to give to those who only take, because it actually is not good for them...they need to grow and learn, and act on their own. Leading people to presume that their use of you and your property is crossing boundaries in a relationship.

I would suggest you read a Biblically derived book on boundaries in relationships by Dr. Cloud. Boundaries Books - Official Site for the Bestselling Boundaries Books

Loving others does not mean they are permitted to abuse you.

Reactions: Bkrolex
Upvote 0

Bkrolex

Aug 17, 2017
Warner Robins
✟15,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doing unto others is as you would have them do unto you AND to not do unto others what you would not have them do. Would you wish your friends to give all they have away, and be left without anything? Do you wish to abuse them in this manner?

However, if you freely give all that you have away because you like to give it is well.

If you give to others in a business relationship, you will need to define that relationship to include suitable marks of appreciation and recompense, and expect a responsible reaction of friendship, which is much different than giving away all that you have just in order to give it.

One must also be wary to give to those who only take, because it actually is not good for them...they need to grow and learn, and act on their own. Leading people to presume that their use of you and your property is crossing boundaries in a relationship.

I would suggest you read a Biblically derived book on boundaries in relationships by Dr. Cloud. Boundaries Books - Official Site for the Bestselling Boundaries Books

Loving others does not mean they are permitted to abuse you.
Wow thanks this explains it really well.. I'll definitely look into that book to further understand. Thanks so much

Upvote 0