Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i'm not sure if this is the right place but,

i am a 20 year old guy and have been a christian for four years,
i touch a lot, almost everyday, and my girlfriend who has been a christian her whole life feels a bit uneasy about how often i do it and what it could mean when we are married.

I would like help in know;
1) is that too much, what is normal, espesially for christians?
2) help me understand where me gf is coming from.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is in your mind when you touch? It is unlikely to be your girlfriend and unfortunately is either other women or inappropriate content and it is this that is upsetting your girlfriend. That she has to compete against idealised images or the exceeds of inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a grandfather, so this may not be the "right place" for me to answer, but I think you can benefit from someone who has been married and knows others whose marriages have been ruined due to excessive masturbation, especially when inappropriate content is involved.

Once you are married, solo masturbation should be a very rare event. Your wife has every right to expect that sexuality is to be shared between the two of you, and that any mental imagery will relate to the two of you doing things together. If you are able to discuss masturbation freely with your wife, you will have an advantage in avoiding some of the things that make marriages go astray.

If you touch frequently, you run the risk of making it easier to do than taking the time to share good intimacy with your wife. Sex drives do vary considerably, but generally I would suggest that while you are single, you try to limit yourself to twice a week or less. My own experience is that when I was dating, I sometimes quit masturbating even when it was unpleasant to do so. What images would I have conjured up? Not my girl friend, when we were refraining from premarital sex. Surely not some other woman. I can't imagine anything more embarrassing than having my girl friend think of the line in a song, "He sits a strange girl on his knee, and he tells her things that he won't tell me".

May God bless and guide you.

Upvote 0