Need help in religious terms for my diploma.

Parade_de_Satie

May 4, 2023
Astrakhan
✟7,930.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello, I'm writing diploma now and the theme is connected with Christianity. I'm not very deep at that but really interested and that is why I need help in some terms.
So, could you explain what does "angelage" means?
I've searched some definition on the Internet but it was like "existance or state of angels". But I can't understand it. Is it about concept of existance of angels in common or what?
English is not my native language and I will be pleased If your explanation is very detailed.
Thank you all from very hot region of very cold country.
and...
...sorry for my english.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I found the same Google hits that you did, but "angelage" is not a term I've ever heard used. Perhaps it has been replaced by other terms (angelology?). Can you explain more about what you want to know?

Also: If by "writing diploma" you mean that you're in the middle of taking an exam, then we shouldn't be helping you until your exam is over. What are the rules for the writing you're doing? Are you allowed to get Internet help?

Upvote 0

Parade_de_Satie

May 4, 2023
Astrakhan
✟7,930.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I found the same Google hits that you did, but "angelage" is not a term I've ever heard used. Perhaps it has been replaced by other terms (angelology?). Can you explain more about what you want to know?

Also: If by "writing diploma" you mean that you're in the middle of taking an exam, then we shouldn't be helping you until your exam is over. What are the rules for the writing you're doing? Are you allowed to get Internet help?
Well, this term I found in the Dictionary of English, German and French Philosophical Terms by Tetsujiro Inoue (1912).
The purpose is exploring how christian words have changed in japanese step by step. So, I found such a strange word in the lexical nest and decided to take for advice.
In Russia we write our diploma from the begining of the last year in the university. It is not exam because we shoud pass them before defense of our diploma. Therefore, the defense of diploma is the last step in graduation.
We should use all the sourses, includes books, articles, forums, sites, science magazines etc. to write the theoretic previous and practical last part. It is some kind of reserch, really big research. And, yes, I can use forums or other help to understand moments I don't know. It is normal to learn something new or something you have forgotten.
So, I can't understand the meaning of this term. Does it mean "concept of angel existence" or "concept of hierarchy of angels" or what.
In this dictionary I also notice Angelolatry, Agelology and Angelophany. That is why Angelage is something different. I think it is about the concept of angels existence but there are some inexplicable in the japanese variants. That is the reason I decided to ask about such a term. If the angelage was the term deeply related exactly to christianity it would be the explanation for that inexplicable moments in japanese translation.

Attachments

• 1912.png
    1912.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Okay, thanks, that clarifies things.

The best Google hit that I found for "angelage" was from about the same year: a citation of Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by G. & C. Merriam Co. It's possible that this is an older English word that has dropped out of use.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,808.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe the true church is made up of many congregations...

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life
Angels - The current preacher to the congregation.
254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

I believe the word angelage would mean a whole lot more in some geography and time period. And to hear the word used in a sentence…

“To him Arthur became the human soul seeking perfection, his castle the symbol of man's slow climb from savagery to angelage.” - Lawrence Emerson Nelson, Our Roving Bible, page 20: and to describe the book… Our roving Bible;: Tracking its influence through English and American life…

And to make use of the Roving Bible angelage term… Did man ever make the slow climb from savagery to angelage? Is angelage some advanced Devine spiritual state?

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, could you explain what does "angelage" means?
I've been a Christian my entire life. I was raised Protestant, most strongly influenced by the Presbyterian denomination but also by the Methodist and Baptist communities. Daily bible study for six years in grade school, very serious about my faith for the last thirty years and became a Catholic twenty years ago. So I think I've had a fairly wide exposure to various schools of Christian thought, and this is the first time I've ever heard that term.

Upvote 0