Need help finding bible verses for specific problem.

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've had the spirit of discernment since I was a child. Ive always had visions and dreams and seen signs and all these things from jesus. Recently, and I've already talked about it on these forums, I had a dream about a boy that came and asked me for help and I told him about Jesus, after I told him about Jesus, Jesus came to me and set me free of my own problems. I have TERRIBLE debiliating, anxiety i can't hardly live life at all I can hardly leave my room.
Well I ended up meeting this boy for real, and against his usual character, he started spilling his problems and troubles to me, which I don't mind because i believe God sent me to him to testify to him and help lead him to Jesus. But heres the problem. I still have my problems..and when I start talking to him, since I have social anxiety specifically with guys, I get so nervous i start shaking and i get really sick. ive hardly been able to eat since ive started talking to him. I know for sure in my heart I was sent to help this boy find Jesus, but how do I keep myself strong to, because I can't go back to not eating, I had an episode twice where my nerves got so bad i stopped eating and got really sick near death.

Are there any advice you can give to me and most importantly, I heard a preacher talk about how sometimes our own problems can't be healed or solved, until we forget about ourselves and selflessly help someone. I really care for this boy with all my heart, and I love him he's my brother and a fellow creation of christ, so I really honestly want to help him not only because God sent me but because I care for him. I want to forget my problems and my anxieties and just help him and talk to him and show him theres someone who cares for him. Are there any bible verses that talks about forgetting your own problems and afflictions, even if they are still there, and helping someone else, and in this, God will in return help you?. Thats what he did in my dream, but I want to read it in the bible for more comfort

P.S. Its not like I haven't prayed for my own problems. Ive been working hard for almost a year with jesus, praying daily and nightly, reading the word, meditating, and trying to get my life together despite the anxiety and Im still not healed of anxiety. I don't understand why but I do know..eventually, hopefuly, faithfully, God will fully deliver me from it.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Your condition sounds quite serious, have you seen a doctor about
your anxiety attacks?

When it comes to helping someone especially a guy, could it be that your "job"
is to be the facilitator?
Why not call your minister and discuss your friend
with him and perhaps he can arrange for a male to actually "mentor" your
friend?

I believe your heart is in the right place but for the present allow someone
else to come along side and actually instruct the guy you are trying to
reach.

I maybe off course here... but it seems to me that you have other feelings
for this guy and it's not wise to mentor someone you have some romantic
feelings for...in fact it's not recommended that a female mentor a male.
Due to issues of bonding with the opposite sex etc.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 58:6-8 says that if you meet the needs of others in need and help break their bonds of oppression, "Then your light will rise in the darkenss, your healing shall spring for speedily." also 1 Corinthians 1:3-5 speaks of comforting others as a result of having been through difficutlites ourselves.

However, I it is clear that we need to allow God to tend to our own wounds and we in effect become better at tending the wounds of others, from allowing God to work toward healing us. so here are some verses for your anxiety on his link: Redeemed and Summoned by Name: Bible Verses for Panic, Depression, Anxiety

Blessings on for caring for your friend even when you have trials of your own!
a

Upvote 0

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
✟15,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ive been to the doctor for my anxiety several time for years now. They've tried me on several medications and none of them work infact they make me really sick. Ive tried therapy twice, ive been mentored by a minister, everything and im still bound by anxiety. i don't understand it.

There isn't anyone for this guy to go to. He doesn't know enough about God and he's still in a stubborn enough place to go to a minister or anyone in a holy place or even a rehab or church or therapist. I think he just needs someone to listen to him for now. Even if these feelings are romantical, and if they were i wouldn't let that get in the way of being there for him in whatever way God wants me to, but even if it was romantical I can't run from it because it makes me anxious. I can't be alone for the rest of my life and i can't run from every guy that makes me nervous. As a friend for now, i want to get closer to him. I want to get closer to alot of people but i can't do anything because this anxiety. ive read every bible verse repetitavly on fear and anxiety ive quoted them until i was blue in the face, believed and had faith in them, waited and walked in faith that id receive a healing and a miracle and Im still here. Im hanging on my last thread.

One of the biggest points is i can't run away from something God wants me to do because im nervous, no matter what type of feelings for him I have. Plus, with all do respect to your opinion I see nothing wrong with a female talking to him, he sure would never open up to a male. With his problems, sometimes its necessary for a female to be there because we're more nuturing and easier to talk to about stuff like that

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Ive been to the doctor for my anxiety several time for years now. They've tried me on several medications and none of them work infact they make me really sick. Ive tried therapy twice, ive been mentored by a minister, everything and im still bound by anxiety. i don't understand it.

There isn't anyone for this guy to go to. He doesn't know enough about God and he's still in a stubborn enough place to go to a minister or anyone in a holy place or even a rehab or church or therapist. I think he just needs someone to listen to him for now. Even if these feelings are romantical, and if they were i wouldn't let that get in the way of being there for him in whatever way God wants me to, but even if it was romantical I can't run from it because it makes me anxious. I can't be alone for the rest of my life and i can't run from every guy that makes me nervous. As a friend for now, i want to get closer to him. I want to get closer to alot of people but i can't do anything because this anxiety. ive read every bible verse repetitavly on fear and anxiety ive quoted them until i was blue in the face, believed and had faith in them, waited and walked in faith that id receive a healing and a miracle and Im still here. Im hanging on my last thread.
*I didn't say run away from them but you don't have the necessary skills to mentor this troubled guy. Too often people take on more than they can handle... and I do believe you should allow someone else to come along side and help you with mentoring your unsaved male friend.
Where is this mentoring taking place? in your home? Is there anyone
else there when you two are alone? Not necessary in the same room but in the house etc.?

One of the biggest points is i can't run away from something God wants me to do because im nervous, no matter what type of feelings for him I have. Plus, with all do respect to your opinion I see nothing wrong with a female talking to him, he sure would never open up to a male. With his problems, sometimes its necessary for a female to be there because we're more nuturing and easier to talk to about stuff like that

*It isn't just my opinion, there's a lot of others who have far more experience on the subject of male/female mentoring, those are the ones I am drawing from-- their own vast knowledge and personal experiences about that particular subject.

The majority of churches won't allow male/female mentoring unless the woman or man is much older (than the young person they are to mentor/counsel) and has a sound faith and reputation.

So it would be beneficial to at least have an older woman to be there to assist you in areas where you lack skill/training. She can also help you to set and protect healthy boundaries when mentoring a male.

If this guy is serious about learning about the Lord he won't hang you up with the "you're the only one I will talk to". You have to be aware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Protecting your reputation and testimony should be a priority...The counsel and guidance of a mature Christian woman is of great value.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The 23rd Psalm---Explained

The Lord is my Shepherd ----- That's Relationship!
I shall not want ----- That's Supply!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures ---- That's Rest!
He leadeth me beside the still waters ----- That's Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul ----- That's Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness ----- That's Guidance!
For His name sake ----- That's Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ----- That's Testing!
I will fear no evil ----- That's Protection!
For Thou art with me ----- That's Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me ----- That's Discipline!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies ----- That's Hope!
Thou annointest my head with oil ----- That's Consecration!
My cup runneth over ----- That's Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life ---- That's Blessing!
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord ----- That's Security!
Forever ----- That's Eternity!

Upvote 0
T

thisnamztaken

If this guy is serious about learning about the Lord he won't hang you up with the "you're the only one I will talk to". You have to be aware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Protecting your reputation and testimony should be a priority...The counsel and guidance of a mature Christian woman is of great value.

This is soundminded counsel!

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've had the spirit of discernment since I was a child. Ive always had visions and dreams and seen signs and all these things from jesus.

Recently, and I've already talked about it on these forums, I had a dream about a boy that came and asked me for help and I told him about Jesus, after I told him about Jesus, Jesus came to me and set me free of my own problems.

I have TERRIBLE debiliating, anxiety i can't hardly live life at all I can hardly leave my room.

Well I ended up meeting this boy for real, and against his usual character, he started spilling his problems and troubles to me, which I don't mind because i believe God sent me to him to testify to him and help lead him to Jesus.
You have the answer in front of you.

Stop thinking about it and do it.

Tell the boy about Jesus and tell him about the vision God gave you about him so
that God can set you free.

Matthew 10
19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak.
For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Luke 12:12
...... For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The enemy hates the very thought of you being set free and you might be nervous reading all of this, but take heart that God cares and can set you free totally. It might cost you something, your dignity in your transperancy and putting your friend on the altar like Abraham and let God decide if it is of Him. God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0