• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the input, yes I'd be happy to have more resources. Also I am wondering that If Real sin and real guilt is hindering a person from its relationship to God (if not repented)
Wouldn't this apply for ''false sin and false guilt'' aswell?
If my anxiety or false lens of God makes me think something is sin, and I still commit that, won't it give me false guilt and hindering me in growing with God?
This is an interesting question, and I'm not sure exactly what I think! I suppose it's true to some extent. I know that in my experience, if I'm feeling obsessively guilty and anxious, it tends to "cover up" my normal feelings, so I might not discern things as I normally would in my relationship with God. But on the other hand, the goal with treating OCD is to focus on our actions, not our feelings. So, since we have the "head knowledge" that the guilt/anxiety is obsessive, we do our best to move forward in doing what we know is right in following God (including fostering our relationship with Him), regardless of what our feelings are telling us. As we do this - ignore the OCD and live our lives the way we CHOOSE to, rather than the way OCD tells us to - the obsessive feelings gradually fade and we become able to think and feel normally again. I guess it's kind of like re-calibrating our brains, training them to not listen to false fear/guilt/anxiety signals, if that makes sense!

As far as resources go, here are a few of my favorites!
- Overcome OCD: Recovery tips for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- OCD & CHRISTIANITY – CHRISTIANITY
- https://www.ocdonline.com/
- Managing the Haunting Thoughts of Pure O – OCD
- OCD

I also recommend this online support group: Facebook Groups

Upvote 0