• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Need a verse

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by WrtrsTeardrop, Feb 17, 2003.

1. WrtrsTeardrop

WrtrsTeardrop Daddy's girl

+0
    :confused:  Hi everyone,

I need a verse on devotions...like what God says about them.  Thanks so much!  I appreciate it!

Love in Christ,

Angi

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

+155
    Christian
    Single
    Joshua 1:7 "Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.
    Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
    Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

3. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+170
    Protestant
    Single
    Psalm 119:10-12
    I seek you will all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
    I have hidden your word in my heart that i might not sin against you.
    Praise be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

4. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+11
    Psalms 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

John 17:17: Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Psalms 119:89: For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalms 119:105: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

5. seangoh

seangoh Veteran

+37
    SDA
    Single
    Here's a great motivation for doing devotions

6. Inprayer

Inprayer PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT

+0
    Pentecostal
    mark13 v35-37
    Watch ye therefore for ye know not when the Master of the house cometh at even ,or at midnight,or at the cockcrowing,or in the morning.
    Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
    And what I say unto you I say onto all, Watch.

mark13 v33
    take heed,watch and pray:for ye know not when the time is.

I take these verses to mean, God wants us to be diligent in the WORD and prayerful in our lives and have Faith ,that He is coming backfor us.:bow: :prayer:

i believe that you must have faith if you are going to be devoted and vice/versa. BELIVE!! He is Risen!!!

7. Sunset_Sam

Sunset_Sam Child of God

+11
    Christian
    "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4: 8 :blush: