• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

He got me through

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now as an adult I turn to him to help me with my ptsd to live as a survivor rather than a victim. I am so blessed because of Jesus Christ.
Yes! In Christ you are a victor, not a victim! May God bless you with His peace as you walk with Him in love and obedience.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
During my abuse I tried to tell someone about it in my own way. I just couldn't spit it all out for anything to happen. Once he found out I tried to tell ::triggering:: he attempted to drown me in the tub. During the act he raised my head out of the water and after praying hard I screamed do it. I was completely ready to die and go to God and that's when he dunked my head a few more times and then stopped. I could have died if it wasn't for prayer and Jesus Christ. That memory helps me to get through trauma recovery. Knowing that my life was saved brings me closer jesus as an adult recovering from horrific abuse. I keep going back to that memory whenever I am having ptsd trouble and it always brings gratitude. I'm grateful to have survived although at times ptsd recovery is hard I know jesus still wants me here. That memory is a testimony of it - regardless of the mans initial intentions to just torture me or really drown me. I am blessed to have had the knowing of jesus to turn to. Now as an adult I turn to him to help me with my ptsd to live as a survivor rather than a victim. I am so blessed because of Jesus Christ.
God bless you. I am so glad you were saved from your horrific abuse. May God keep you and protect you all the days of your life.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
During my abuse I tried to tell someone about it in my own way. I just couldn't spit it all out for anything to happen. Once he found out I tried to tell ::triggering:: he attempted to drown me in the tub. During the act he raised my head out of the water and after praying hard I screamed do it. I was completely ready to die and go to God and that's when he dunked my head a few more times and then stopped. I could have died if it wasn't for prayer and Jesus Christ. That memory helps me to get through trauma recovery. Knowing that my life was saved brings me closer jesus as an adult recovering from horrific abuse. I keep going back to that memory whenever I am having ptsd trouble and it always brings gratitude. I'm grateful to have survived although at times ptsd recovery is hard I know jesus still wants me here. That memory is a testimony of it - regardless of the mans initial intentions to just torture me or really drown me. I am blessed to have had the knowing of jesus to turn to. Now as an adult I turn to him to help me with my ptsd to live as a survivor rather than a victim. I am so blessed because of Jesus Christ.

May God bless you for sharing some of your experience.. Such stories are hard to read but to those who are going through such darkness reading your words can give them a hope... How terrible it must be to be in that darkness but have no hope for anything better in the future... Thank you Kylee :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I expect you know John 14.1-27 and Psalm 46, etc. as strengthening, comforting passages.

Upvote 0